SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please keep us in your prayers. My beloved wife diagonised with stage four cancer and is now in hospice care.
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please keep us in your prayers. My beloved wife diagonised with stage four cancer and is now in hospice care. Login/Join 
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this Charlie. I'll be thinking of you and your wife.

Take care.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
So sorry to see this, Charlie Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will add you and your wife to my prayer list.

My sister previously had stage 4 breast cancer, that eventually spread to her bones. She was given 1-3 years. That was 5 years ago and now she is 20% better and still works everyday. She is 74.

A few weeks ago, my brother, an ex Green Beret was diagnosed with cancer in his esophagus. He was told it was stage 2 this week. He has a 40% chance of making it, but cannot swallow solid foods and has been losing weight quickly.

Be a good support partner to her, make her feel like whatever you have to do is no burden to her.
My wife and I have been taking my sister and brother to their appts.

Good luck.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's over

My lovely wife of fifty eight years went home to her maker yesterday at @2:05 p.m.

I was at her side holding her and this is the second time I have had to do this with a family member. It doesn't get any easier.

Rest in peace pretty lady. Sandy Lee 10/23/42 3/14/19

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss, man.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Very sorry.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
So very sorry to hear that, Charlie. May Sandy Lee rest in peace.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charlie, my condolences. You will be in our prayers.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I'm terribly sorry, Charlie.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this. Please accept my condolences.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences for your loss.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss. Stay strong Charlie.

Posts: 7556 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to here this...you have my condolences and my prayers for you and yours.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
My lovely wife of fifty eight years went home to her maker yesterday at @2:05 p.m.

Charlie, please accept my condolences.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences, Charlie. Thank The Lord that you were with her when she passed, as I'm sure it helped her face it.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Charlie, please accept my condolences and sympathy. May God Bless.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. Please accept my sympathy.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm saddened to hear of the passing of your wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss Charlie.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post