SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vegan bride bans omnivorous family from her wedding
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vegan bride bans omnivorous family from her wedding Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
Because they won’t vow to never eat meat again. The unmitigated hauteur.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/fe...tending-wedding.html

I think if I wanted to attend, I’d agree to quit meat and meat by-products, then the next day send her a picture of me enjoying a big plate of smoked brisket.

Posts: 26934 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that isn’t a sign to run I don’t know what is.
I’d also whip out a slim Jim right as they are doing their vows

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I think if I wanted to attend ....

Why would any sensible person ever want to associate or even communicate with her in any way? Not that it applies to you, but that’s something I’ve never understood about family relationships. Being related through family to someone imposes exactly zero obligation on me to have anything whatsoever to do with them. Give me reason to respect you and have an adult relationship with you, and I’ll try to do the same.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a builtin reason not to go, which would be good enough for me. Wink

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
^^^This. If this guy didn't pack up and move on after this display of crazy, he might as well start his pre-paid legal account for his guaranteed divorce.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Wow, she's a nutcase.

That groom should run away and never look back.

(Unless this is a ploy to break into 'reality TV'. . . )

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
^^^This. If this guy didn't pack up and move on after this display of crazy, he might as well start his pre-paid legal account for his guaranteed divorce.

I very much doubt that this is the first indicator she's given. The dummy that's marrying her deserves everything to come.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

I very much doubt that this is the first indicator she's given. The dummy that's marrying her deserves everything to come.
My bet...This is another male blood flow issue as this guy hasn't enough blood to service both his brain and his [well you know what] at the same time. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I think if I wanted to attend ....

Why would any sensible person ever want to associate or even communicate with her in any way?

Open bar?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30422 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Why would any sensible man date a Vegan in the first place? Real men eat meat.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Why would any sensible man date a Vegan in the first place? Real men eat meat.

flashguy

About the truest words ever spoken.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30422 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“Is this the line where I lose half my shit?”
- Bill Burr

Posts: 13295 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vegan bride bans omnivorous family from her wedding

No problem, the money I save on her wedding present will be spent on a nice steak dinner for myself Big Grin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Meh... the cake is gonna suck anyway.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Not being invited to a wedding is often not a bad thing in my book. Being left off the guest list for this wedding would be a pure blessing.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Sure, there are plenty of mature, intelligent 20-year-olds out there. But a good working presumption is that at 20, you're a moron. Your brain has not yet fully formed.

Her 20-year-old side is showing. His is showing for ever giving her his real name or a non-burner phone number, let along marrying her.

Posts: 2469 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd sever all ties with that stupid hole, and I mean permanently. Never again would I speak to them or allow them into my home, and I mean it.

Posts: 107690 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I've never actually wanted to go to a wedding, so not inviting me would be the biggest gift you could give me! Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I can't hold her craziness against her. I get testy if I haven't had a bacon cheeseburger in awhile.

How dare she call me a murderer? She kills plants by the score!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post