SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portland then: "Get rid of the fascist police!" . Portland now: "WHERE ARE THE POLICE!!???"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland then: "Get rid of the fascist police!" . Portland now: "WHERE ARE THE POLICE!!???" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Are we supposed to feel sorry for them? I can't work up a single GAF.

Frustrated Portland residents say police have ‘almost disappeared’

Whassa matter? Your fucking childish fantasies about a communist utopia turned out to be pure shit? Gee, that's too bad, I guess. Who could have imagined such a result? Well, anyone with a triple digit IQ. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107582 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I'd like to ask, "What did those silly (Dem) Portlanders think was going to happen?"

That would be making too many assumptions.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They've virtue-signalled their city right into the sewer.

As with all children, they wanted what they wanted, and with no thought to the future.

Posts: 107582 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
The average response time for a high-priority call was 20.4 minutes in October

"You want the obvious, you get the obvious"- Todd Rundgren

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Those assholes will NEVER admit that their disdain for and demonizing law enforcement is directly responsible for their plight. You can see it in completely asinine comments like “where are the police? We used to see them all the time” and this little pearl of wisdom "We have felt that the police have, you know, checked out or failed us for a while".

Reap what you sow, leftist trash.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
It's become like that in many places. Fairfax and Loudoun County may respond to your call but do nothing or not respond at all.

I have called three times about a neighbor shooting fireworks onto the roof of my house or a neighbors house with no response.

In Loudoun County in 1987, I put out a grass fire caused by a contractor burning stumps. It melted the soles of a new pair of boots. The heat was so intense that I could have caught my cloths on fire.

If the fire had reached the woods, three houses would have been lost at a minimum. I called the fire department but they never went out to check.

The next day, I went out to see the damage and there were two places where the fire was still smothering under ground.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 41,

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
1+1=2

Posts: 9509 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
If you want to get rid of the police you had better be in a position to be able to take care of your own business.
I'd wager the leftists of Portland are not in these positions.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
In the mid 70's while working for General Research, we designed a computer-aided dispatch system for Portland/Multnomah County police and fire departments.

The city had a small problem with homeless/wineo's but otherwise I was impressed with the bus system.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Insanity... is voting for the same type of far left politicians over and over and expecting different results.

Worked in Portland for 33 years. It's always had problems but the last 15 years it has turned into one gigantic cesspool.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The place is third in line for “Shit Hole”, right behind Seattle then San Francisco, in that order. F**k that place……

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have called three times about a neighbor shooting fireworks onto the roof of my house or a neighbors house with no response.

I went through this for over ten years. "It's a civil matter, we con't do anything about it." I haired an off duty police officer , Detail Work" to guard my home and my wife on July 4th, and the cop called me at work and told me he was leaving. Destroyed my house, yard, $b poll. Finally moved.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I considered what it would take me to apply in Portland. Or SF. Or Chicago. Or any other large shithole:
100K per year. Take home car, new every 2 years.
100% fully funded health care for me. And family.
1K per month housing allowance, and include install of a safe, cameras and alarms.
Fully funded, on call attorney. Fully vested in retirement system after probation. My choice of a yearly advanced firearms training school, fully paid for. 45 days paid vacation per year. 1K yearly uniform / equipment allowance.
I am easy, but I aint cheap!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
The place is third in line for “Shit Hole”, right behind Seattle then San Francisco, in that order. F**k that place……

No. Honestly, it is worse than Seattle. Trust me on this. I just left the Seattle area, and I wouldn't go to Portland on a bet, for the last three years running. Nope. They're close, but I feel imminently endangered when I'm in Portland.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I considered what it would take me to apply in Portland. Or SF. Or Chicago. Or any other large shithole:
100K per year. Take home car, new every 2 years.
100% fully funded health care for me. And family.
1K per month housing allowance, and include install of a safe, cameras and alarms.
Fully funded, on call attorney. Fully vested in retirement system after probation. My choice of a yearly advanced firearms training school, fully paid for. 45 days paid vacation per year. 1K yearly uniform / equipment allowance.
I am easy, but I aint cheap!

I wouldn't do it for double all that, not for any job, but especially as a cop. Nope. Nope on a Rope, now with 30% more Nope. All new look, same great Nope flavor.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed working there in 70's. Fly up, company car and three bedroom apartment for staff.

In the summer, hydroplane races on the river and the Rose Festival......HOLY COW....boats..women..women..did I miss there were women...drinking...dancing in street....more women....ALL NIGHT TILL DAWN. Big Grin

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Careful what you wish for

The 5 minute FOX News story on the Shoshone-Bannock woman who owns Bison Coffee Shop (link in para’s post) is worth your time.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Concur with Smudge. Portland is worse than Seattle. IMO way worse because you can do a lot of Seattle without really getting bad, only the core is a hellhole for Seattle. Portland may actually be worse than SF because unlike SF, Portland is basically an island, there isn't any major "city" around it, only 'burbs. SF has plenty of places around it that are relatively fine.

From end to end Portland sucks.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Portland is a like Oakland, you can find all the violent and abhorrent behavior found in most city's HOWEVER, it's not exclusive to a handful of neighborhoods but found all around.

Every elected position and civil worker, in a managerial position and above, is accepting of such activity; they'll twist themselves into knots attempting to explain the stupidity. The political alternative is more of the same if not doubling-down; the reasonable residents, the moderates, the 'normies' have either moved or, are so marginalized they now keep to their own.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
From end to end Portland sucks.

Yep. I can concealed carry a gun anywhere in Seattle. I can open carry a gun through most of Oregon. Legally, I have to have my pistol unloaded and locked in my trunk in Portland. I've driven the long way around it more than once for that very reason. Just nope.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If you make enemies of your police, you better make friends with the criminals"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post