SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portland then: "Get rid of the fascist police!" . Portland now: "WHERE ARE THE POLICE!!???"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portland then: "Get rid of the fascist police!" . Portland now: "WHERE ARE THE POLICE!!???" Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Fuck her. Since she was vocally anti-Trump, you can imagine how she voted. She helped to create and foster the current state of affairs in Portland and as that pos Obama said, elections have consequences. I have ZERO sympathy for her and doubt she’s learned anything.

https://www.portlandmercury.co...shop-to-resist-trump

A quote from the “victim” herself…

Marcy Landolfo- Owner, “Personally, I hate that we don't get to decide how our tax dollars are spent. Important tax dollars are funneled into big business political agendas, rather than into infrastructure, education, and public health, which benefit EVERYONE! Non-profit donation is the only way for me to support causes that are truly important to me.

I've donated to Planned Parenthood, which was an obvious first choice for me! Being a woman, being someone who has used their services when I was unable to afford health insurance, and having close friends who still have to rely on PP services for their health, I feel that my donations and support go a long way; it directly affects those I hold near and dear, as well as under privileged men and women in many communities. I also feel PP is necessary and important for GLOBAL HEALTH! They do so much, for so many. They HAVE to survive this current administration!”

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
She'll never connect the dots.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
If I didn't follow Andy Ngo on Twitter, I wouldn't know it's still the summer of 2020 in Portland.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Fuck her. Since she was vocally anti-Trump, you can imagine how she voted. She helped to create and foster the current state of affairs in Portland and as that pos Obama said, elections have consequences. I have ZERO sympathy for her and doubt she’s learned anything.

These idiots, to this day, do not correlate electing commie Democrats with the dire state of their city. They would still vote for Wheeler, Katy Brown, etc. in a heartbeat if elections were held today. These virtue signaling commie shopkeepers haven't suffered enough to alter their political proclivities. They are the type of people who would rather be beaten and raped than pull a gun to protect themselves.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16677 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Portland store forced to shut down after 15 break-ins in 18 months

“A Portland, Oregon, clothing store has been forced to permanently shutter after a string of break-ins amid rising crime in the city means the business is no longer financially viable.

{snip}

Why focus in on this one business? You would be amazed at the number of businesses that have closed in the downtown area. I mean it's staggering.

And no, the trouble is not "just a 10 square block area" like I read recently. It's the entire freaking city. Except for maybe the west hills (rich people).

I was just there on Saturday, so I can give first hand data. The number of tent camps with trash and shit tossed all over the place is difficult to believe unless you see it for yourself.

In addition to the areas close to the river, and west-side downtown, I also drove through the NE section, and the little neighborhoods there are just ruined. I mean tent camps on the sidewalks in front of people's yards.

Shitty live-in RV's parked EVERYWHERE on the side streets, many with gas generators running ---- I'm thinking the gas is stolen. Stripped out cars and vans parked everywhere --- most stolen. All of the parks have tent camps. Can't bring the kids there any more.

Seriously, words can't even begin to describe it. It's comparable only to what I saw on Honduras in the 90's.

Oh, DO NOT BELEIVE ANY CRIME STATISTICS OUT OF PORTLAND. Most people aren't even bothering to report property crime any more. There's just no point. So the stats are actually much worse than what's published.

As for tourism, luckily there's the rest of the state, like the mountains and the coast which is still nice. Well, except for Seaside, it's a dump. But as for tourism in Portland, forget about it, unless you want to see what Honduras looked like in the 90's.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
These people have no roof top Korean in them at all. They don't even try.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why focus in on this one business? You would be amazed at the number of businesses that have closed in the downtown area. I mean it's staggering.

And no, the trouble is not "just a 10 square block area" like I read recently. It's the entire freaking city. Except for maybe the west hills (rich people).

I was just there on Saturday, so I can give first hand data. The number of tent camps with trash and shit tossed all over the place is difficult to believe unless you see it for yourself.

In addition to the areas close to the river, and west-side downtown, I also drove through the NE section, and the little neighborhoods there are just ruined. I mean tent camps on the sidewalks in front of people's yards.

Shitty live-in RV's parked EVERYWHERE on the side streets, many with gas generators running ---- I'm thinking the gas is stolen. Stripped out cars and vans parked everywhere --- most stolen. All of the parks have tent camps. Can't bring the kids there any more.

Seriously, words can't even begin to describe it. It's comparable only to what I saw on Honduras in the 90's.

Oh, DO NOT BELEIVE ANY CRIME STATISTICS OUT OF PORTLAND. Most people aren't even bothering to report property crime any more. There's just no point. So the stats are actually much worse than what's published.

Spot on.... I live across the river from PDX these days and worked in portland for 33 years before retiring. Portland is open to all with no rules. Yet the people of PDX keep right on voting for the most far left politicians running for office. They truly can't connect the dots.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Aren't these the same people that claimed, no insisted, that crime was a result of the police and if there were no police there would be no crime?

I think this experiment needs to continue for a while. Maybe another year to really see if the theory proves out.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Aren't these the same people that claimed, no insisted, that crime was a result of the police and if there were no police there would be no crime?

I think this experiment needs to continue for a while. Maybe another year to really see if the theory proves out.

Well if you have no one to report it to, did it really happen?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Regarding the cesspool of PDX, I hope the consequences of stupid and disgusting voting keep visiting the stupid electorate. Maybe the parasite of Anarcho-tyranny-wokie-communism will actually succeed in killing off its witless host. Sure will be interesting to watch. I feel some sympathy for any Normies stuck there.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Well if you have no one to report it to, did it really happen?

Ah, you get it. Yes, if you report a property crime in Portland, expect to be on hold for like 45 minutes or longer, if you are lucky. So, people say, "screw it," hang up and what-do-ya-know, no crime to add to the statistics. It never happened.

This is how they are able to report low property crime rates. You can't tell me this isn't done on purpose.

It's the climbing murder numbers that aren't so easy to sweep under the rug. If only they could stop taking reports for all of the murders, then the city would have super low crime rates in all categories. Dunno, maybe just move the bodies across the Columbia River to Vancouver??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
A few years ago my car was broken into and ransacked while I was at work downtown. No damage (I likely got careless and neglected to lock it), but an expensive pair of prescription sunglasses was stolen. I hope they gave the asshole a serious headache. Anyway, I called PPB to report it and was given a web site URL and told to file a report online. I did, but nothing ever happened, no followup, no nothing.

It was not long after that when covid struck and suddenly we were all working remotely. I don't miss downtown Portland at all. I did have to go down there once or twice after that, and it was just like radioman described: tent cities all around our office building, trash all over the streets and sidewalks, aggressive panhandlers, boarded up windows.

Last week I was in an appliance store here in Idaho and the saleslady I was dealing with told me that she and her husband are in the process of moving to Vancouver, just across the river from PDX. His job is in Portland and they have friends out in the west-side suburbs (where I used to live), but they chose to buy a house in Vancouver to stay away from the problems in Portland. I told her they made a smart choice.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Yet the people of PDX keep right on voting for the most far left politicians running for office. They truly can't connect the dots.

You're not wrong but, lets keep it in perspective, if the populace was adamant about voting-in a far-lefty, Iannarone would've beat out Wheeler for mayor in 2000, who (hard to believe) is actually moderate when contrasted with the rest of the candidates. Also, wackjob city commissioner Jo An Hardisty lost recently to (again keeping it in perspective) a moderate in Rene Gonzalez.

I"m under no illusion that PDX is ruled buy the Far Left, guys like Wheeler are barely holding on, as reasonable people have moved away leaving behind the detritus of disfunction. Getting such a place to return to center will take generations, incremental push-back and unraveling of the damage. Reporters like Andy Ngo have pointed this out and shown the depravity of the people involved in the decay of PDX.

Posts: 14636 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Liberal values at work in Portland last week:
Thieves steal ATM from Irvington gas station, another plows through REI store

Crime stats are actual worse: can't count crimes if no one reports them because both police and DAs won't pursue & prosecute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXM84Vg41uI

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CPD SIG:

Ah, you get it. Yes, if you report a property crime in Portland, expect to be on hold for like 45 minutes or longer, if you are lucky. So, people say, "screw it," hang up and what-do-ya-know, no crime to add to the statistics. It never happened.

This is how they are able to report low property crime rates. You can't tell me this isn't done on purpose.

It's the climbing murder numbers that aren't so easy to sweep under the rug. If only they could stop taking reports for all of the murders, then the city would have super low crime rates in all categories. Dunno, maybe just move the bodies across the Columbia River to Vancouver??

Radio, "Get it"? Hell, I'm in the middle of it!

Here, in Chicago, lightfoot didn't come out and say "defund the police", that sneaky bitch is going about it the other way-
Total inept and incompetence "woke" at the top end of leadership, pepper in a few total asshole bosses in key positions, then offer no support.
Give me any business, and do that to its leadership, people will leave in droves. Make it so bad, people will WANT to leave, this way you don't have to "defund" anything, it's done Defacto.

"People don't quit bad times, people quit bad management"

We're hemorrhaging officers. I'm in the 008th District, it surrounds Midway Airport. When I got to Eight, there were 143 officers on the afternoon shift.
Now- 92. (Maybe 91, I found out last night that another young cop turned in their papers)

Downtown- same numbers. Down about 1/3 manpower. Pretty much the same in all districts.

THOSE are the cops who answer your call for help, do your report for an accident, burglary, robbery....
45 minutes? Try 4-5 HOURS!
Now I have to explain to some poor soul WHY it takes so long. I also weave in "It's important who you vote for." In my explanation.

Yet the gobles-esque people at headquarters say we're doing just fine....

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The only thing he had to defend himself with was a cat scratching post.
https://www.kptv.com/2022/12/1...mpted-home-invasion/

And now he can't go buy a gun if he wanted to.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oregon has universal mail in ballots and drop boxes. And since adopting this method Dems have been in control despite running the place into the ground. Draw your own conclusions.

And we KNOW Chicago has been a Democrat political machine for 100 years and we know they cheat every way possible so no Republican is ever going to win in Chicago.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
The only thing he had to defend himself with was a cat scratching post.
https://www.kptv.com/2022/12/1...mpted-home-invasion/

And now he can't go buy a gun if he wanted to.

If I was unable to access a firearm in this scenario (highly unlikely), this little piece of shit would have been unconscious or bled out when the Sheriff arrived. I’m so glad to live in WV.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
CPD SIG, recently a larger municipal department (well paid West County department with great mix of business and residential) in St. Louis County had a hiring process, advertising it nationally. They had 22 applicants with 6 being Chicago PD cops and 8 being New York City cops.

In the same time frame, another muni department had two openings and only advertised it locally......they had NO applicants at all.

Our City manager has refused to fill two spots that have been open for two years. In addition, we had one officer on military deployment and another off for at least 6 months with an injury. So 4 bodies down in a 40 officer department. Starting April 2023 and going through August of 2023, there are 4 of us retiring, with 3 being long term Sergeants. As of right now the City Manager has not authorized recruiting/hiring anyone and sending them through the academy. St. Louis County is currently 50 officers down and is expecting that number to climb to 100 by the end of the year. They have been grabbing anyone available in the last couple academy classes.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I love hearing all of these 'experts' proclaim how we don't need police, how police are the problem, how there are better ways.

AWESOME... A simple answer to a highly complex situation.

Solution: All of these advocates can be assigned to calls and go show us exactly how they can best be handled through kindness, generosity and good happiness stuff. I think they should also ride with real offices and show them exactly how to take a violent offender into custody without disturbing a single hair on their head or cause them any mental distress.

Best case, they learn what working the streets is really like and how horribly wrong they are. Worst case, we'll have a lot less of these idiots spewing stupid ideas.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post