SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Disney death wish?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney death wish? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I hear Disney is commissioning a book to go along with this line of clothing. Working title is reported to be "The Wrong Hole".

I see a whole series of books; "Goofy Finds His Wrong Hole", "Snow White and the Nine Holes", "Huey, Louie, and Dewey Play TurDuckEn" and "Donald Duck is No Longer Waterproof".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArtieS,

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
For those of you that get the latest Imprimis news letter put out by Hillsdale College it had a very good article about this kind of shit.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
It’s simple people, I say this as a statement..

The Gay Mafia is real……….. open your eyes people…..open your eyes….

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heard a radio commercial for Disney recently. One of the people trying to convince me to waste my money there was a woman who said, "Nobody I'd too young for Disney!"

Not sure if it's just a case of unfortunate phrasing...

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
For those of you that get the latest Imprimis news letter put out by Hillsdale College it had a very good article about this kind of shit.

Yes, indeed!

Imprimis, April/May 2022|Volume 51, Number4/5

"Laying Siege to the Institutions", by Christopher F. Rufo.

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu...to-the-institutions/

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
I hear Disney is commissioning a book to go along with this line of clothing. Working title is reported to be "The Wrong Hole".

I see a whole series of books; "Goofy Finds His Wrong Hole", "Snow White and the Nine Holes", "Huey, Louie, and Dewey Play TurDuckEn" and "Donald Duck is No Longer Waterproof".

Time to introduce the forgotten dwarves, Drunky and Horny.

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The refusal to boycott the NFL early on has led to the destruction of almost every segment of the culture.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I wonder how that grooming stuff is working out for them.

Go woke and go broke?

Posts: 9154 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:

Time to introduce the forgotten dwarves, Drunky and Horny.
They probably have a new dwarf coming out - Tranny.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Chapek sacked-up and canned an SJW executive, Peter Rice Chairman of Disney Entertainment and Programming.

Usually this doesn't happen unilaterally, Chapek must've garnered enough support with Board members and have enough of a file on him to make it immediately. Besides a leading figure amongst Walter Kaitz Foundation, could he be a pedo enabler or, simply a leading SJW executive? Chapek nipping this before legal issues emerge?

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disney owns the most successful franchise in history - Star Wars - yet many Disney people regularly deride Star Wars fans as being too white and too conservative and too non-woke. Insulting your customers generally doesn't go very well.

They will have to learn the hard way by killing their profits, share price, and getting ousted in a shareholder revolt.

Part of the problem is "woke capital" calling the shots with their share votes. But in the end $$ talks and the same shareholders are not going to lose money willingly.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Bob Iger returns as Disney CEO after less than a year in retirement

On Sunday night, Disney made the stunning announcement that Bob Iger is being re-instated as CEO, replacing Bob Chapek

https://www.foxbusiness.com/en...than-year-retirement

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
US Corporate Guidelines:

o Push a far-left agenda and alienate half your customers? No problem.

o Go head to head with a very popular governor on a bill with bipartisan support that simply keeps sex education out of schools pre-grade 4? You betcha.

o Place homosexual and trans characters in cartoons targeted at small children? Great move.

o Destroy your company's image as a wholesome, safe entertainment source? Absolutely.

o Miss the stock market's expectations for your fiscal fourth quarter? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING, YOU MORON? YOU'RE OUT OF HERE!

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Iger is the nimrod that brought woke to Disney. Loathe him..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
For what it is worth the pre market price for Disney stock is up over $9.00 as share as of 8:30 this morning.
It looks like the market likes the decision.

Personally I was an Eisner fan. Back in the 80s when Disney was almost bought and broken up by corporate raiders Roy Disney helped bring in Michael Eisner and Frank Wells and they helped save the company.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/ente...iger-returns-as-ceo/

In a statement on Sunday, Susan Arnold, chairman of Disney’s Board of Directors, announced Chapek has stepped down from his position as head of the company and former CEO Bob Iger would be returning from retirement

Chapek exited after signing a multi-year contract in June

he plunged the company deep into woke politics by opposing Florida’s anti-groomer law that barred teachers from discussing sexuality with third-graders.

The move proved disastrous on Chapek’s part when the state of Florida stripped Disney of its special tax jurisdiction that essentially allowed it to function like a city government.

On the content front, Chapek’s Disney took the political posturing even further, whether it was casting a trans “non-binary” actress in Marvel’s Ironheart or including a same-sex kiss in a children’s movie like Lightyear, which bombed at the box office.

“Disney’s corporate earnings disappointed Wall Street, sending its stock crashing to new lows. Now the entertainment giant is reportedly planning layoffs, a targeted hiring freeze, and travel limitation on its employees,”

Iger will reportedly serve as CEO of Disney for another two years “to set the strategic direction for renewed growth” as a new successor develops, according to the Board.

from June:

Disney employees are reportedly in a state of confusion over the company’s plan to move 2,000 workers to Florida from California, and they are blaming CEO Bob Chapek for the “chaos.”

The Walt Disney Co. is planning to relocate approximately 2,000 California workers to its new campus in Lake Nona, Florida, just outside Orlando. Last week, Disney said it is pushing back the planned move by close to four years, saying the postponement is due to a new completion date for the campus and not because of the company’s ongoing war with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

The delay is wreaking havoc on the lives of employees slated to move.

laying people off, but bringing 2000 from California ?

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iger set the conditions to allow Disney to slide into woke-agenda and politics. Chapek may have been more of a finance guy but, he was given a poop-sandwich to deal with as a significant chunk of the senior executives were not only Iger people but they supported to idiocy that Disney is mired-in.

The Disney board gave Chapek some house cleaning duties when he canned Peter Rice and others, then they gave him a three year contract extension, what changed?

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
They could hire mother Teresa and Disney would still be dead to me. Might as well be Gomorrah

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep...so the guy who was partially responsible for driving Mouse House into the ditch is now behind the wheel again?

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Iger set the conditions to allow Disney to slide into woke-agenda and politics. Chapek may have been more of a finance guy but, he was given a poop-sandwich to deal with as a significant chunk of the senior executives were not only Iger people but they supported to idiocy that Disney is mired-in.

The Disney board gave Chapek some house cleaning duties when he canned Peter Rice and others, then they gave him a three year contract extension, what changed?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post