SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Disney death wish?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney death wish? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
Disney death wish?
By Thomas Lifson

Few brands are more valuable than that owned by the shareholders of The Walt Disney Company, one that now is being shattered. In 2020, Forbes rated it as number seven in the world in value. But I think this may actually understate the standing of the Disney brand. Few people would want to take a vacation at a Google resort or take a Microsoft cruise, but the allure of Disney's brand is enough to attract vacationers from all over the world. Disney theme parks exist in the United States (2), France, China (2), and Japan, and these attract visitors from many other countries, many bringing their children along, others seeking to recapture the joys of their childhood.

The essence of the Disney brand has been wholesomeness and the innocence of children, embodied in the smiling, ever-cheerful persona of Mickey Mouse, whose figure appears on Page One of its annual report.

However, any association of Disney with wholesomeness and innocence was shattered by the excerpts from a company Zoom meeting obtained by journalist Christopher Rufo and published on Twitter. In case you haven't seen them:
(Click link...)
https://www.americanthinker.co...sney_death_wish.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Disney Death Wish" would be a great name for a garage band, except that Disney lawyers would have descended upon the 14 year old band members and sued them and their parents into oblivion for infringing upon the Disney name, taking mom and dad's house and all property, causing them to drain their bank accounts and become homeless.

And when these families were completely destroyed and huddling in the ran on the side of a highway, the lawyers would have caravan'd their Porsches and Range Rovers to drive past the indigents to soak them in muddy water, and then sent a group of Disney maintenance workers to dump garbage on them.

Because it's a small world, after all.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

Gov. Ron DeSantis responds to leaked Disney comments about parental rights bill

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They're another group that have done a good job in their area of expertise but don't understand that doesn't make them experts on everything else.
Most people are getting real tired of in your face activists of all sorts.
Their company sells, get away from it all fantasy, and stuff like this isn't why people pay all that money to go there.
Hopefully the customers will grow a pair and put their foot down too.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
What should frighten everyone is the lengths these commie SOBs are going to these days. What is the end game here? Sexualizing 5-8 years olds? Really?

That woman is "the mother of two queer children". One is supposedly a tranny and the other "pansexual"...whatever that is. This woman shouldn't be a corporate president, she should be an inmate. Child abuse plain and simple.

Posts: 20088 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I link back to this video on Cultural Marxism.
It's a real thing and it has taken over our 'popular culture'.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...340067174#7340067174

-rduckwor

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
*shrug* Disney all but died for us when they formed the Disney channel and removed all their content from other streaming services. Simply wasn't gonna pay whatever they're charging these days for just Disney content. Media rental places are gone, our two streaming services don't do PPV, and we rarely buy physical media anymore.

It's beginning to look like I don't want to be watching any more Disney content, anyway. I've never been anti-gay. And, while I'm of the opinion transgenders are... "not well," they're their lives, so have at it. But I long ago grew weary with having agendas pushed at me constantly.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Between consumer ignorance and apathy I think they are too big to fail. My guess is they will hardly see a blip in their P&L statement (that's attributable to their wokeness anyway).

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
"short the mouse" - probably the only way to turn the wokeness around, protests and demonstrations only serve to harden the positions of the maniacal.

Posts: 6459 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wonder if you turned the “D” around and called the band “Gisney Death Wish” (pronounced Jizzney because it’s French…or something) but kept their iconic script if your garage band could win the inevitable lawsuit from Disney?

I’ve always thought that D looks a bit more like a G reversed than a fancy D but maybe I’m just weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Pedo-Wokesters

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I wonder if you turned the “D” around and called the band “Gisney Death Wish” (pronounced Jizzney because it’s French…or something) but kept their iconic script if your garage band could win the inevitable lawsuit from Disney?

I’ve always thought that D looks a bit more like a G reversed than a fancy D but maybe I’m just weird.

Maybe you would win, maybe you wouldn't, but who has the $100K that lawsuit would cost? Only one party to the litigation has that kind of money.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I posted this in the other Disney thread about their suicidal wokeness campaign:

Get Woke, Go Broke is proving to be almost a law of physics that no entity can escape the reality of once they engage in it.

We are going to see this multi-billion dollar megacompany prove this once again in the next few years and it will be both fascinating and glorious to watch it all play out.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I posted this in the other Disney thread about their suicidal wokeness campaign:

Sorry... but I didn't see it. I wouldn't have started a new thread.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/7440077094/p/1

Yes, We Are at War With Disney

It doesn't matter whether you're the parent of young children. Disney is leading the charge to indoctrinate children of today to be the Democrats and radical progressive leaders of tomorrow.

Anyone who gets their news from corporate media is likely unaware that Disney’s leadership is doing everything they can to push the LGBTQIA+ (yes, it’s a large acronym and it’s growing for some odd reason) onto the youngest and most impressionable among us. It isn’t just their opposition to the so-called “Don’t Say Gay” bill. They are inserting the transgender supremacy narrative into everything they do.

Christopher Rufo, one of the strongest opponents against Cultural Marxism in general and Critical Race Theory in particular, took to Twitter to share an important message. “We are waging moral war against Disney,” he said.

Rufo exposed the radical “not-at-all-secret gay agenda” executives at Disney have. From there, we can only hope for more revelations to come out and for parents to be made aware of the people leading the company that so many of them rely on to entertain their children.

https://noqreport.com/2022/03/...-at-war-with-disney/

-rduckwor

Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Disney always has been weird, but just keeps getting weirder. Look at kids movies from the past, is it always necessary to scare the crap out of or have some massively serious Debbie Downer moment in their movies?

Bambi - Lets personify all animals and hunters are bad.

Up - Lets go into this dramatic intro about how the old man's love life lost their baby and can't have any more. Is that really necessary?

Wall-e - The robot dramatically dies and the Eva brings him back to life.

Bolt - The girl dramatically almost dies in a scary fire and the dog too but the barks bring rescuers.

Turning Red - I haven't seen it, but evidently it has a bunch of stuff about periods in it?

Most of their movies now are PG. I was watching Top Gun the other day for the 100th time to figure out how to get it to our kids without the profanity (when I had seen it a dozen times by the time I was 10, but thats another thing). In 1986 Top Gun was PG. Why can't movie places just make G movies for kids and let kids be kids?

They market the movies to the grownups with the ca$h and go just a notch or two beyond what is necessary to explain to kids in their character arc "no, really, the character almost DIED here, you need to have nightmares about this."

Maybe I'm an overprotecting father or our kids pick up on all of that ore than others. I always preview their stuff before letting our kids watch it.

Its not just Disney doing this though. Our local library has been placing kids books with this type of stuff in it prominently displayed over all other books, cover out. I picked up a book randomly a while back for or 4yr old daughter because it was pink. Turns out it was about a boy who wanted to explore his identity as a girl and decided to cross dress and his parents all cross dressed too at the end to show they accepted him as a girl.

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Disney all but died for us when they formed the Disney channel and removed all their content from other streaming services. Simply wasn't gonna pay whatever they're charging these days for just Disney content.

Same here.

Posts: 7252 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I dumped the stock 3 months prior to the end of Iger's departure as CEO. A good decision based on the performance of the stock since then, which goes hand-in-hand with the new CEO's missteps and the woke culture that is erupting throughout the magic kingdom.

Iger said that in his last two years at the company he was constantly shutting people down, saying no to many of his subordinates. I could be wrong, but I think he was fighting the leftist bullshit as best he could, their agendas ruining mainstream media companies and their content.

I haven't missed the little mouse in my portfolio, especially with a confused Minnie running the show.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I donno JHE888, a breakout band with a decent label might be able to fight it not only successfully but also capitalize on the “free” publicity that it would bring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Chris Rufo is to Woke what Devin Nunes was to the Russia collusion crap.
I hope he gets rich as Cresus.

I'm planning a long talk with my daughter and son-in-law about being attentive to what the corporate and cultural Marxist indoctrination-industrial complex is planning for her kids. She's raising them to follow our Christian faith.

I shake my head at this Disney stuff. Completely unnecessary, but we would not have known except for muckrakers (in the best sense) like Chris Rufo and James O'Keefe.

There are tweets circulating pointing out that China and Japan, to take two countries with Disney theme parks, have not legalized "gay" marriage and are unlikely to go along with this shit.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I think this is Gillette on steroids. And if it truly has the same effect on Disney profits and growth, how long will shareholders put up with it. I don't think large investors give a damn about this woke BS. They care about profits and ROI. The shareholders could help move this to an end quickly if they'd simply use their votes and do it. Walt Disney has got to be spinning like a jet engine in his grave.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post