SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Milo Yiannopoulos fighting the good fight with truth and facts
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milo Yiannopoulos fighting the good fight with truth and facts Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Where was the SWAT Team when they needed them? Someone holding and throwing a lighted Molotov Cocktail deserves a more appropriate response by the authorities.

Everything about the Left/Democrats is about fear.

They fear the rhetoric of Milo, so they shut him down with violence.

They fear retribution from the snowflakes' parents, so they order the police to not do their jobs and keep the peace.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10707 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Milo is heading to D.C. today. Milo's former boss is Stephen K. Bannon. I HOPE HOPE HOPE what happened to Milo in Bezerkley caught Trump's attention.

Oh, you can bet the bank this whole debacle has not escaped Trump's and especially Bannon's attention. Not one bit.

Milo is The Deplorable Of The Movement. The Man. I originally wanted to see him as Press Secretary, but he is most effective as the face of the deplorables across the country. And from what I can see, mainstream news will not even hint to its audience that the center of this attention is a British homosexual.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Trump already commented about this. Something to the tune of removing federal funding of educational institutions that prevent free speech.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Maybe we can wake up the sleeping majority in CA.

They moved out and quit California over the last 20-years.

Posts: 14658 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Something to the tune of removing federal funding of educational institutions that prevent free speech.

That is the right response. It's natural to want to go and kick their asses. Well, I have that impulse. But that is exactly what they want. They want chaos, turmoil, so that it seems like we-- like Donald Trump-- does not have a firm grip on political power.

But he does have a firm grip. And the correct move from that position of strength is: cut federal funding. See how quickly these universities find ways of stopping the violence.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
For those that care to look there is another lesson in events such as this and the riots in Portland and the UW shooting: The cops are already on the scene, not the legendary 5 minutes away and they can't keep you from a broken arm, traumatic brain injury, from being stabbed, beaten with a flagpole, or punched in the mouth.

You came to hear a speech, the peaceful demonstrators came to injure you and instill enough fear for the rest of your days so you won't go to another event ever.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Something to the tune of removing federal funding of educational institutions that prevent free speech.

That is the right response. It's natural to want to go and kick their asses. Well, I have that impulse. But that is exactly what they want. They want chaos, turmoil, so that it seems like we-- like Donald Trump-- does not have a firm grip on political power.

But he does have a firm grip. And the correct move from that position of strength is: cut federal funding. See how quickly these universities find ways of stopping the violence.
It just occurred to me. I think this administration could consider putting into place a restriction against students obtaining federal student loans for any/all colleges that inhibit or actively prevent free speech. Not only cut the colleges direct federal funding, but prevent them from adding many more students to their rolls and watch them either change or whither away.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
You came to hear a speech, the peaceful demonstrators came to injure you and instill enough fear for the rest of your days so you won't go to another event ever.
And I think that's been a cultural shift over the past 20-30 years. When I was college age, nothing would stop me from doing those things I wanted to do. Of course, back 25 years ago, these rioters/fascists would have been beaten severely by the group(s) I hung out with, once they stepped over the line. Since there's no consequences for their behavior, we have this crap continue.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Use violence when it is unavoidable and suits your purposes. Somebody trying to break into your home, for example.

Don't get sucked into violence that does not benefit you in the least. Like road rage, for example. Or these commie thugs. It suits their purposes, not yours.

Cut federal funding, and these radical universitities will find a whole new appreciation for free speech.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The suburban twerps playing at being revolutionaries took the fucking bait. They're so predictable. A friend on campus watched it all unfold.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'll say this again, get Congress to pass legislation that requires colleges to co-sign federal student loans, cut grants.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UCB Chancellor email to students

So, on 1/26/2017 the Chancellor issues an email to students about the event (see link).

He says the Berkeley's College Republican have the right to invite Milo and that the campus will accommodate that invitation.

He then goes at length to attack Milo (it's hate speech!, he's a troll) and offers comfort to students who may be harmed by his speech (provide resources and support for those adversely affected by his words and actions).

Essentially he tells the student that Milo's visit is protected by free speech but giving them tacit approval to protest and riot. The UCBP were woefully prepared.

"UCPD has been directed to maintain public safety and to do what it can to prevent disruptions and preserve order. It should be noted that the anticipated cost of those additional preparations and measures will be borne entirely by the campus, and will far exceed the basic security costs that are the responsibility of the hosting organization. We will not stand idly by while laws or university policies are violated, no matter who the perpetrators are."

P229

Posts: 3834 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Good!! Cut their funding.

By cut their funding, I understand that to mean ELIMINATE it.

And do the same for every other city, county, school, company, organization that supports this violence.

And those leftists should be careful what they wish for. They will probably get it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Here is how the AP and the USA Today are covering last night's violent riots at Berkeley:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Ironically the Prez of the UC system is none other than fmr Secretary of DHS Janet Napolitano.

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
The radical left is terrified of someone like Milo. Gay and republican! And wicked smart.

His ability to defend his conservative message with logic and facts confounds libs to the point they start foaming at the mouth. They got nuttin.

So they try to shut him down, shout him down, and if that doesn't work, looks like they're willing to go scorched-earth to keep him from speaking. Violence and mayhem. Wow.

I'm hoping President Trump invites him to the White House. There might be a job there for someone like him.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
And I think that's been a cultural shift over the past 20-30 years. When I was college age, nothing would stop me from doing those things I wanted to do. Of course, back 25 years ago, these rioters/fascists would have been beaten severely by the group(s) I hung out with, once they stepped over the line. Since there's no consequences for their behavior, we have this crap continue.

I graduated from college in 1977 at age 40, 11 year military vet. I recall vividly that one student stood up in one of my classes and went on a rant over some crap in the news. The professor suggested the student sit down and shut up. Student mouthed some crap about free speech, and the professor gave him an "F" for the course and offered to have campus security remove her if she didn't depart immediately, and promised to get her thrown out of college as well.

She left.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
The radical left is terrified of someone like Milo. Gay and republican! And wicked smart.

His ability to defend his conservative message with logic and facts confounds libs to the point they start foaming at the mouth. They got nuttin.

So they try to shut him down, shout him down, and if that doesn't work, looks like they're willing to go scorched-earth to keep him from speaking. Violence and mayhem. Wow.

I'm hoping President Trump invites him to the White House. There might be a job there for someone like him.

Imagine the havoc that could be wreaked on the MSM and the libbies if someone made Milo an assistant to Sean Spicer....

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
CNN's take on it:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
The humor of Milo offering $2,500.00 white privilege scholarships probably escaped them.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post