SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    **Update on Page 3**Time to buy a grill? Recommendations?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Update on Page 3**Time to buy a grill? Recommendations? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's nice looking but still looks a little flimsy compared to a Weber gasser.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
My sister and her family (husband, son and daughter) just left after being here a week. For 1 week, they were able to taste food off my Traeger. By the end of the week, they were asking me to help them find a dealer. We cooked bacon, breakfast sausage, burgers, chicken and pulled pork within that week.

They couldn't believe how good the food was that we pulled off that thing. My grill failed the first day and wouldn't get over 300˚, but after cleaning, it turns out the pellets somehow got moist and swelled in the auger. After purging and changing the pellets, it worked great the rest of the week.

She really liked the fact that we cook bacon and sausage on it and it cooks really quick with no mess to clean up in the kitchen.

We use our Traeger multiple times a week and it looks like a rust bucket after running year round for at least 8 years but the food still comes off the grill tasting amazing!

That being said, when I decide to put the Traeger to rest, I'm going with a Green Mountain Grill with Wi-Fi.

The down side is that my pellet grill can't keep up with a gas grill when it come to throughput. My burgers come off tasting much better but for a block party, the gas grill was kicking them out much faster.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
So I went to Lowe’s today to get a Webber and came across the Broil King Barron 440 4 burner grill. It was on sale for $494. I did a quick google review and all I found was stellar reviews. The warranty is 10 years on the burners, lifetime on the cook box, and 2 years on everything else including the paint. It’s made in the USA which is another big plus. I happened to have a Home Depot 15% off coupon and Lowe’s accepted it so I got it for $419 + tax assembled and delivered. I’m happy with the purchase.

This one is propane but they do make a conversion kit for natural gas.

Some reviews

https://www.google.com/amp/s/c...baron-440-grill/amp/

https://amazingribs.com/grill/...ing-baron-440-review

http://www.toptenreviews.com/h...l-king-baron-review/

I have that exact grill. I wish I could have steered you clear.

Temp is difficult to control (thermometer seems slow & it is hard to keep from overshooting, It will be stable for 30 minutes, come back & it's 100* over what I want.)
Grates are made of the stickiest substance I've ever seen. I replaced them with grillgrates & it's better.

I have a broil king keg & love it, that's why I went with a BK gasser. wife got it for me, so I can't get rid of it yet, but I won't cry when it's done for. Weber next time (or force my wife to like charcoal, hell could cool off I guess).

Posts: 3329 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post