SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla Cyber Truck
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla Cyber Truck Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I passed a Cyber Truck towing a wake boat on I-75 on my way from Florida to Michigan. Forgetting the Cyber Truck wouldn’t have been able to do the 1,500 mile trip in 2 days, how do you charge it? At the Buc-ee’s near Lexington, KY, I counted 12 Tesla chargers and none of them were pull-through.

I made three fuel stops with the truck and two jet skis. I could have made it in two, but would have been on empty at the house and didn’t want pass up $2.999 diesel in Atlanta, MI.

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That's a good point re charging with a trailer. Would quite a pain to park, unhitch, charge, hitch up & depart.

There's a Walmart near my house that has their charging island [not Tesla chargers] in the middle of the parking lot. Assuming they're not all occupied, you could conceivably take 2 spaces next to them & charge, but not sure that's the norm.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Got my email (finally) to place my order last night. $99,999 for the base model and $119,999 for the Cyber Beast tri-motor.

I don't think I can do it after seeing in person. The interior is nice and it's the function we need but I'm probably going to do the BEV RAM 1500 instead.

Posts: 3148 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just put a generator in the bed and charge it as you need....

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Woodgrain is back y'all!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7136 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Got my email (finally) to place my order last night. $99,999 for the base model and $119,999 for the Cyber Beast tri-motor.

I don't think I can do it after seeing in person. The interior is nice and it's the function we need but I'm probably going to do the BEV RAM 1500 instead.

A friend just bought a GMC AT4 Duramax, brand spanking new, for $60k. You’d have 40k leftover for diesel. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
They look sort of like a lower profile Pontiac Aztec. Wink

There's one around, I've seen it a few times. Location, location, location. I've seen people online make note of the fact that they saw any Tesla on the road. Where I am, seeing one is like the train that went by Elwood's apartment, so often you don't even notice. I see dozens and dozens of them every day. (There's a Teal dealer near by)

There was a guy at work who had one for years, the model built on the Lotus Elise. He upgraded with each new model, but now he's lost in a sea of Tesla's, so I don't know which is his anymore.

Posts: 21325 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Woodgrain is back y'all!

The Cyber Squire turns out to be a three layer wrap.

It ain't half bad.

Posts: 9383 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw one yesterday. All black. I thought it looked good. The rest of us would never see anything new if it weren’t for those early adopters!

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
We've seen quite a few on the road near us. I hate the black wrap on them, just does nothing for them. We did see a grey and white sort of camo and thought it looked good. I asked my wife if she wanted one, "No but I would like a test drive". I'll have to find one to rent for a day or two, might be fun.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3454 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I think they look much better in black

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25646 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If I owned one (and I never will because I’m obsessed with two wheel masterpieces) I’d polish the whole car to a mirror finish.

The cyber truck looks pretty fricking good with a high polish/ mirror finish on those brutal angular lines…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21213 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Stopped by the neighborhood convenient store the other day, and this was outside the medical building net door. I must say, up-close, it intrigued me, although still ugly. You know, like a Glock. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m weird as hell…I kinda like the angular looks of it. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21213 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Kinda makes me wonder if anybody is making 20" moons.

Posts: 9383 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your hung up on the looks, then look underneath at the engineering. 48 volt wiring, which reduces the wiring harness by around 80%. With such a reduction in wire size and materials, I would bet that will become standard across all manufacturers in the near future. There is steer by wire, no physical steering column and rear wheel steering. That allows the lock to lock of the steering wheel to be less than 1 full turn. 120 and 240 volt outlets in the bed, that can be used to power a house during an outage. Just to name a few. Also, it uses an Ethernet instead of a CAN bus wiring system. One Ethernet cable that runs central down the vehicle to the different modules for communication.

Posts: 348 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Saw one yesterday. Good heaven, they're uglier in real life than they are in the pics.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1378 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
One was parked at work, customer was shopping at the retail store.

The engineering is cool, but it doesn’t make up for the looks or the size. It’s disgustingly ugly, and huge. Like bag o’ hammers ugly. It really is a very large vehicle.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4291 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen 2 of these in the last 3 days. They should fire the engineers that designed that thing!

Posts: 469 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post