SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla Cyber Truck
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla Cyber Truck Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
The Lovely Girlfriend has seen one in her parents' very small hometown. It's quite a rural place... we're trying to figure out who owns it.

[...So we can tell 'em it's ugly!] Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13854 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen a handful of cyber trucks in the last week. I even saw one where someone did a black wrap on the finish and put larger wheels on it. It didn't help the aesthetics much.

I guess I am old school, but I'd drive a beater work truck over that thing any day of the week.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Seen a few of them here in St. Pete since there's a Tesla place here. The cyber truck looks like something a 3rd grader drew up for a video game. Cool if you're a 3rd grader, uglier than ass if you're an adult.

Posts: 13289 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I've seen a couple around here. Agree, I'd be embarrassed to drive one - screams "more money than sense" (fashion, common, pragmatic, otherwise).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13081 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've only seen one, it doesn't bother me ~ to each their own.
The look is fine, if they sell and they make money selling them - good for Tesla.
I keep imagining they park in their garage next tro the Delorean.

Posts: 23187 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Resurrecting this thread, because I actually saw this fugly "truck" speed right passed me on my way to DFW this last weekend. I was tempted to chase after it to test the bullet-proof claim. Big Grin

Watch this review. He is one of the few “honest” reviewers out there.

https://youtu.be/LC9a3GR1HJY?si=xKK7fCUuEL7I1G2_

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12924 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
I also have seen one recently in my neighborhood several times. I've been right next to it at a light. It's plain ugly, I don't get the aesthetics at all. I'd be ashamed to be seen in one.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 583 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine bought one on March 31st after putting off Tesla a few times. He had put a deposit down a few years ago and now that they became available, Tesla told him buy now or we're moving on to the next guy (and to meet their Q1 sales target). He owned it for 4-5 weeks, got lots of looks, and then sold it to an MB dealer in SoCal. He cleared about $10K after all said and done.

P229

Posts: 3943 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
There's a one around here that someone had wrapped bright metallic red with the black trim. It's probably the only one I've ever seen I thought looked good.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8923 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post
A member of my church has one. He says that it his favorite vehicle so far and he has had some nice rides (He is a member of Shinedown). It looks pretty neat up close.

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1224 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I finally saw one in the wild, they are almost silly looking and something out of a bad sci-fi movie.

Posts: 34515 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Have seen a few running around here.
Saw my first non-raw metal one today, in bright red.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Saw one a few weeks ago at the Tucson International Airport parking lot - looked like raw metal

It was without a doubt the ugliest vehicle I've seen in a long time. Tried to look inside and see what kind of appointments it had. All I could make out through the tinted windows was a giant display screen in the center console.

Posts: 53775 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Resurrecting this thread, because I actually saw this fugly "truck" speed right passed me on my way to DFW this last weekend. I was tempted to chase after it to test the bullet-proof claim. Big Grin

Watch this review. He is one of the few “honest” reviewers out there.

https://youtu.be/LC9a3GR1HJY?si=xKK7fCUuEL7I1G2_

I enjoyed that. Didn’t like the Tesla, said why. Didn’t go over the top dissing it, just pointed out its many flaws.

Posts: 13557 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the Aztec . Butt ugly .

Posts: 4238 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Saw a car carrier full of them on I-10 this past week while I was down in Arizona helping my daughter out. What I could not believe was how wavy the body panels were. Really $100k buys you body panels that looks like they were pounded out by a couple of drunks with sledge hammers?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11883 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Really $100k buys you body panels that looks like they were pounded out by a couple of drunks with sledge hammers?

Well, according to the inflation calculator, that works out close to the same price as the Delorean at MSRP in 1981 and it looks like it's built to the same standards.

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
What I could not believe was how wavy the body panels were.
I've seen a half dozen of them and have been close up. The production versions all seem to have wavy, poorly fitted body panels. The doors didn't look exactly square either. It isn't super confidence inspiring when that type of stuff passed QC.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, according to the inflation calculator, that works out close to the same price as the Delorean at MSRP in 1981 and it looks like it's built to the same standards.

I'd argue that the Coke machine was built to a far higher standard that the rolling Tesla refrigerator. The DeLorean--even with zero automotive experienced workers--was made to a somewhat era-appropriate industry standard. It may not have been a quality standard that reflected its relatively then-lofty price tag, but it was a standard nonetheless, something that Tesla still struggles to achieve despite being well over a decade into this car-making thingy.

-MG

Posts: 2203 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I have seen about a dozen in Delray. FUGLY.

Posts: 2041 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post