SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Updated new Qs-pg2; Bulk dried beans/lentils/legumes source?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updated new Qs-pg2; Bulk dried beans/lentils/legumes source? Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
Who has a good supply of mail order dried legumes? Just stocking up. Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGnified,

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We get ours from:

https://www.palousebrand.com/

Hope this helps.

Posts: 289 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Is forum member beancooker still in this business?

Edit: Found beancooker's site: https://www.mounthopewholesale.com/

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When ordering in the past, I'd search Amazon and Ebay for 'bulk dried beans' or 'beans 5kg' and note the source company names. Next, I'd search those names and see if they sell directly from their web site. Sometimes going direct yielded more options or better prices. Palousebrand.com was one of them.

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The LDS Home Storage Food Centers are good, are you near one?

Google “Provident Living Food Storage LDS”

You can order online for shipping to you, if you are near one it’s well worth walking in.

IMO the #10 cans are a great way to store basics, already properly sealed for you etc. no muss, no fuss, no procedures of storing, just put on the shelf.

They are not the be all end all of everything possible food storage, but their basics are an excellent cornerstone to build on.

Order form link

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:

Noah is great to deal with. And there's a 10% forum discount to be had as well (sig10 - https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/9510075864/p/5) in addition to free shipping if your order meets the reasonable threshold.

Love his Autumn Blend Lentils! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Good stuff everyone. Might try a bit of each!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I've purchased from here several times. Good stuff, good service.

Rancho Gordo

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you asked! I meant to order from Mount Hope when that thread came up!

Just did- actually had plenty of beans but ordered the lentils, some mushrooms and some spices.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:

Highly recommend Mount Hope - we've been happy with everything we've ordered from them.

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Not mail order, but they have 20lb bags of dried pinto at Costco

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Noah is great to deal with. And there's a 10% forum discount to be had as well (sig10 - https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/9510075864/p/5) in addition to free shipping if your order meets the reasonable threshold.

Love his Autumn Blend Lentils! Big Grin

Thanks for posting that! When I saw the thread I remembered him but I could not recall the website.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Something, something, something, Mormon Mormon, something, something, something. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Signified,
We are well stocked and selling lots. Busier than we have been in ages. Let me message one of the owners tomorrow to get the sig discount turned back on. I take a lot of pride in our products and I try to source the best quality I can without having to charge insane prices.

www.mounthopewholesale.com

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Signified,
We are well stocked and selling lots. Busier than we have been in ages. Let me message one of the owners tomorrow to get the sig discount turned back on. I take a lot of pride in our products and I try to source the best quality I can without having to charge insane prices.

www.mounthopewholesale.com

Beancooker
One question if you will indulge me? Where does your shiitake mushrooms come from? Please say "not china"....
I am trying to avoid anything coming out of there because their water and land is so contaminated with industrial pollution (especially heavy metals)
thanks in advance
Dave Bean

Posts: 693 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Dave, I will check when I get in, but we have been working to source as much from the US as possible, and if it’s not available from the US, Europe has been a good backup source.

I am having a job fair this morning, so my reply may be delayed.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Ten percent discount for forum members is active again.

Sig10

quote:
The “lol” thread

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Ten percent discount for forum members is active again.

Sig10

Yup! Thanks Noah... just placed an order. Had to get more Autumn Blend lentils. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to Beancooker's site, take a look at Adobe Milling Co.
They specialize in pinto and gourmet anasazi beans and other interesting items.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
An Indo-Pak grocery will have lots of that stuff and the prices are low.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post