SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Updated new Qs-pg2; Bulk dried beans/lentils/legumes source?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updated new Qs-pg2; Bulk dried beans/lentils/legumes source? Login/Join 
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Vacuum sealing is better if you're going to freeze it, mylar bags with oxygen absorbers are better for long term storage.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Hmnnn …

Thanks!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I got my Mount Hope fifty pound package in three days. Two if you factor in that I ordered it in the afternoon. That's some Top Gun Supply type service there.

Thanks Beancooker, I'll order again soon.

BTW, those beet chips are excellent!

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Curious what people do for their lentils? I do old-school one recipe. Open for new ideas. TIA

Almost forgot the old standby of lentils and rice. Lots of recipes and videos out there. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Curious what people do for their lentils? I do old-school one recipe. Open for new ideas. TIA

Almost forgot the old standby of lentils and rice. Lots of recipes and videos out there. Big Grin

No doubt; Nearly all soupy/pot-liquor legumes go on rice for me.

Heck now that I think about it even beef stroganoff.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post