SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI suffers fresh bias episode, retracts intel memo portraying Catholics as extremist threats
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI suffers fresh bias episode, retracts intel memo portraying Catholics as extremist threats Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

Even if you reorganize it, fire everyone down thru the SPAC's, you still have the rank and file who has been infected with the current policies.

An organization that rots from the top will infect all. Chop the top heads off off and replace with truly good people, and eventually the house will be clean. Sure, there will be rank and file bad apples running around, but they cannot infect upper levels, and they eventually get rooted out.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I spent twenty seven years in law enforcement and I always held the FBI in very high regard. After the last several years I have zero respect for them. They are biased, crooked and corrupt.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the FBI should be tracking Chinese operatives engaged in espionage rather than
American citizens!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase Paul Harvey - If I were the devil, I would subvert the upper tier of the FBI and use them to target the church.

The FBI is being turned into the American Gestapo. How else can you explain all the things they have done just in the past 6-7 years? Comey clearly tried to sway an election and when it failed, they clearly went after a sitting President. The upper management of the FBI targeted the President because he dared to say he would drain the swamp. Then there is Mueller, who let 3 men rot in prison to protect a serial killer on the loose who pretended to be an informant. These aren’t just flunkies playing outside the lines. They’re the Directors of the agency running around with what appears to be goals to subvert justice and the will of the American voters. Let’s call them what they are - Deep State political operators. This is exactly what DDE tried to warn everyone about in his farewell address.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent memory abn556. I haven’t seen the initials DDE in eons. Thank you for jogging my memory!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Careful, or you might not get invited over to his hot, 26 year old condo to hang out with his 6000 square foot girlfriend.

Or something like that.

I was 26/27 when all of that happened. Time flies. I remember during one of his not so subtle posts where he was flexing with photos of $500+ dinner tab from a night out in Miami, and another member came in with photos of his own receipt for like $5 from a hotdog place and just clowned him left and right saying stuff like “service so good, I had to splash the cash” (1.50 tip).

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He wants soooooooo much to be famous, and he's tried so hard, but here we are 17 years later and he still hasn't made it.

One of the things I really got a kick out of is when he started his little forum and declared he would be "different" by not banning anyone, ever.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that declaring such a thing is a recipe for disaster, because it's an open invitation- a challenge, even- to all the trolls to do their worst, but he couldn't figure it out because he hadn't a clue about how to manage a place like this. I guess he just figured "How much can there be to it?"

Yeah, that shit lasted about two weeks IIRC and then the little 15 watt lightbulb above his head sputtered to life, and then, he had no qualms about giving members the boot. Imagine that. Big Grin

I told everyone at the time- and it turned out to be true- you can't build a successful discussion forum on a grudge, and that's all that place was- one gigantic grudge, owner and membership alike. On top of that, you have to have a talent for growing this type of venue. You have to make it interesting and entertaining, and I say without reservation that SIGforum is that- interesting and entertaining. Incessantly pissing about "There's a guy in another forum and he was mean to me" is no kind of foundation to build upon. That kind of stuff is boring to people not involved directly with a spat.

He fucked up more than a few people's membership in good standing here with his Pied Piper bullshit. He lead them right into a black hole. They didn't realize it but I was privy to a lot of their email back and forth when they were planning to screw around in this forum on their way out.

There was one particular malcontent. What was that idiot's name? Oh, I remember- amtill- he went by Tillie over in the Land of Misfit Toys. In a group email, he said (referring to me) "What's he going to do? Ban all of us?"

Well (shrug) uhh, yeah. Wink

BOOM! I banned 30 members in one single day, and they had the balls to complain about it! Big Grin They were planning on how to screw with me and this forum and I got ahead of them and for that, I was even more wrong than I was already, you see.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I vaguely remember the guy as ex-NYPD or claimed to be. He kind of fancied himself as a dazzling combination of Bruce Wayne, John Wick, and Barnaby Jones, or something like that. The smell of his own farts really intoxicated the guy.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, he has ego enough to burn. Hell, when the lights go out at his condo, he probably sticks an extension cord up his ass and supplies electricity for all his neighbors.

One time, he told us how he had dinner with Hulk Hogan. No, wait, that wasn't it. He said he had dinner in the same restaurant as Hulk Hogan. I think I said 'who cares' and he didn't like that one bit. Seriously, who cares? I've met a POTUS and no one is impressed, which is understandable. If I had ever been in the same building as Hulk Hogan- well, that's a different story. People should be in awe, apparently.

One of his most faithful minions was a guy who had the screen name of Orion, and after Orion got booted, he said that my management style was so poor, he just couldn't see this forum lasting more than two or three years.

That was 16 or 17 years ago. The place he said it is now long gone and we are still here. Smile

The general tone of these malcontents was "Don't you understand?? parabellum is an asshole, and SIGforum is a TERRIBLE place!!"

Perception is reality and they could not fathom why others did not see it the same way as they.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The only one I remember was GK (he whose name shall not be mentioned).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know who you're talking about.

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Highway:
quote:
Careful, or you might not get invited over to his hot, 26 year old condo to hang out with his 6000 square foot girlfriend.

Or something like that.

I was 26/27 when all of that happened. Time flies. I remember during one of his not so subtle posts where he was flexing with photos of $500+ dinner tab from a night out in Miami, and another member came in with photos of his own receipt for like $5 from a hotdog place and just clowned him left and right saying stuff like “service so good, I had to splash the cash” (1.50 tip).
There was another guy from New Mexico that I believe was in his fan club. I won't mention his name but I think he was full of himself too.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the attitude toward the FBI shown by the agents in NCIS: Los Angeles -- they (FBI) invariably mess things up royally.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
You banned him. Remember the "tactical wheelbarrow"?

flashguy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
There was another guy from New Mexico that I believe was in his fan club. I won't mention his name but I think he was full of himself too.
You may be thinking of one of those who was in Benny Bigtime's "posse". And yeah, I won't mention his screen name. He wasn't all bad. The thing that sticks out about him to me- and this is before he got booted- was that he came in here one day and said "Y'know, my wife and my children- they just adore me."

I read this and I'm thinking "Man, WTF? Did you really just post that? It's a joke, right?"

But, no, this cat was dead serious. Big Grin "They adore me, they worship me, I am their world."

Now, that may have been true. This is true for the patriarch of many families, but geez louise, you don't say something like this in public. Roll Eyes

"I adore my family, worship my family, they are my world." Saying something like this is appropriate and doesn't smack of an indescribably massive ego.

That story is indicative of the degree of ego emanating from these guys. That kind of stuff is hard to stomach.
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
You banned him. Remember the "tactical wheelbarrow"?
Vaguely. That was a very long time ago. As I recall, he was a convicted felon.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Highway:
quote:

Or something like that.

I think I know who you’re referring to. Some of these names, I haven’t seen them in 15 years and it seems like yesterday. I guess that’s middle age talking. It’s hit me over the head like a fucking hammer. How time flies, all that shit. Unbelievable. Anyways, yeah, I remember having some decent conversations with a few of the main people that led the exodus from the forum back then. There were also some deranged ego maniacs in the group and I didn’t hang around the new forum very long. I never stopped browsing or posting here though. I remember the Orion guy that Para mentioned…at some point a few years before the attempted forum exodus in 2006/7 (I started posting in 2003 under a long forgotten account) he had had some kind of spat and voluntarily departed. He changed his location to “gone.” Like wtf, what a screaming drama queen. I never liked the guy. There were a few others with the same shrill temperament that went tits up and left for good.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Orion? Wasn't he the fool whose slogan was "Nightmare in your rearview mirror"?

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Orion? Wasn't he the fool whose slogan was "Nightmare in your rearview mirror"?

Haha. Probably. That does sound familiar.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mem'ries, like the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor mem'ries of the way we weeeeeeeeeere

Big Grin

To be fair, it wasn't all on those guys. I was younger and far less experienced as an admin than I am now. These days, with rare exception, I'll give sufficient warning before handing out disciplinary action, but, back then, I took a hard stance PDQ.

Between Benny Bigtime making promises of a land of milk and honey paradise with no laws, and me- Mister Shoot First and Ask Questions Later, it was an easy choice for those guys. Too bad for them, though, that all his promises turned out to be shit. Having said that, yeah, some of those guys were entitled dicks, but not all of them.

I pity anyone looking at the subject line of this thread and coming in here and seeing all of this. "What does this have to do with the FBI," they might ask. Well, very little, actually. Big Grin

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hey, memory lane is always a pleasure to walk down, even though I was not a part of it. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post