SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    what is the mentality that lets one think Dining and Ditching is fine?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what is the mentality that lets one think Dining and Ditching is fine? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
I don't believe the tab came to $420. ...

Why not? That's only $32.30 each for 13 people. The article said the party was "more than a dozen" people. If the margaritas are $11 each, and there was steak, shrimp, and house special dishes involved, you get to that price pretty quickly. Plus, the restaurant is in a major metro area. Dinner in a decent place in a big city with a drink for $30 or so isn't all that bad a deal.

These folks are criminals, pure and simple. And they are scum to boot. Hopefully, someone will either identify them from the pictures, or they will be stupid and identify themselves on social media.

It's not exactly grand theft, but I'd like to see them take it in the shorts for being shits.

I know plenty of people who are, or have been servers. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

These clowns are Exhibit A.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12786 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
I don't believe the tab came to $420. ...

Why not? That's only $32.30 each for 13 people. The article said the party was "more than a dozen" people. If the margaritas are $11 each, and there was steak, shrimp, and house special dishes involved, you get to that price pretty quickly. Plus, the restaurant is in a major metro area. Dinner in a decent place in a big city with a drink for $30 or so isn't all that bad a deal.

These folks are criminals, pure and simple. And they are scum to boot. Hopefully, someone will either identify them from the pictures, or they will be stupid and identify themselves on social media.

It's not exactly grand theft, but I'd like to see them take it in the shorts for being shits.

I know plenty of people who are, or have been servers. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

These clowns are Exhibit A.

Your math is solid. I believe the bill may have been around 420. However, the coincidence is just too great that it was exactly 420 and these pecker heads happened to be consuming cannabis.

Posts: 1972 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
They don't call me Hannibal Lecturer for nothin'....bring your own bib. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
They are thieves with bad morals.

Yes it's that simple. These kinds of problems are true with all people with bad morals. Like I've said before so many times in workplace environments - hire people with bad morals get bad results, it's inevitable and can't be helped without replacing them with people with good morals. The stupidest employers are those that refuse or fail to fire employees with bad morals. And there's plenty of those types of people unfortunately. These are exactly the same people that will commit a hit and run, or anything else they can get away with without being caught. Some people are just born for perdition, and there's nothing anyone can do about it, except separate them from society.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your math is solid. I believe the bill may have been around 420. However, the coincidence is just too great that it was exactly 420 and these pecker heads happened to be consuming cannabis.

Ahhhh, good point. I missed that reference.

Good call.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12786 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I know I've made this point before but, imagine what these people would do if they were three days hungry with no other options for survival. I repeat this point because I believe we need to prepare for it. They've willfully bought into a lie that 'entitles' them to what others have. Add to it desperation and unaccountability magnified by a mob environment.

Not a pleasant thought about dire times, but it is what it is.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Sticking it to the rich man.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its part of what I call America's Evolutionary war.

We reached the point of saturation in the 50's
and ever since , this dream of progression as a social,progressive and productive entity has been going backward.

Next week make a point to listen to how many people want stuf done or want stuff to happen, and the try to remember how many are actually taking part in being the answer to problems.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54672 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I witnessed a dine and dash about eight yrs ago in Sacramento. I had just come out of the Denny's and was suiting up on my bike when the yutes ran out the door with the mgr. coming after them. Mgr. didn't go past the front walkway. By then I was saddled up and my bike (BMW R1200GS) was more than capable of taking the unpaved path the thieves took. I started after them, just hoping I could find where they had gone in the apt. complex on the other side of the baseball or soccer field. But then I got to thinking it was a fool's errand. I'd have to take off my helmet and gloves to call the cops, I'd be in a not nice neighborhood and looking pretty out of place there. I suppose every place has decent security cameras now and it's just a matter of whether the police want to pursue it.

There was a dine and dash in Alexandria, VA about 15 yrs ago where the IHOP actually had an off duty cop as a security guard to prevent such a thing. And he ended up fatally shooting one of thieves when they fled by car and floored it at him when he tried to make them stop.

Posts: 3543 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This evening in the main auditorium, darthfuster will be speaking on techniques for coping with cannibalism.

Refreshments will be served

Finger Sandwiches?

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Denny220:

Finger Sandwiches?

Something you should always turn down if offered at a leper colony.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:

Hmmm Google-foo says this group was, at least in 2015!
Archive for ‘Reparations by any means necessary’
|
March 21, 2015
What Filthy, Guilty & Racially Unrepentant White America & Her Regime of White Devils Should Know...

I imagine this is exactly how members of the KKK, Nazi Party and Aryan Nation would create a campaign to foment racial hatred if they were black instead of white.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post