SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    what is the mentality that lets one think Dining and Ditching is fine?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what is the mentality that lets one think Dining and Ditching is fine? Login/Join 
posted
Let alone nearly 1 dozen. Not including lighting up rope in the restaurant. I simply do not get how one could do this. I understand how a bunch of shitbag criminals could.
http://www.foxnews.com/food-dr...restaurant-bill.html

quote:
Police seek customers who smoked weed, walked out on $420 restaurant bill
More than a dozen diners are said to have walked out on a bill after one of the party members tried to smoke weed inside the restaurant. (WREG)

Police are looking for a group of more than a dozen diners who allegedly tried to smoke marijuana inside a restaurant before causing a scene and walking out on the $420 bill.

The incident happened Sunday night at Frida’s Mexican Restaurante in Memphis, Tennessee, WREG reported. The group of 16 came in at 10:30 pm, a half an hour before closing.

"They came in at the last minute," Frida’s manager Jesse Gonzalez told WREG. "We didn’t think anything of it.”

MCDONALD'S MANAGER CAUGHT ON CAMERA YELLING, CURSING AT CUSTOMER

According to Gonzalez, the group ordered some of the most expensive things on the menu: $11 margaritas and the Frida’s special burrito.

"The grand burritos, Frida’s special steak, steak and shrimp,” he said to WREG.

Soon after, the bartender said he noticed an odd smell coming from the group.

"It was just one guy smoking weed. We asked him to stop. I guess he was the leader of the group and he made a scene,” Gonzalez said.

Dine and Dash 2
Th group filed out of the restaurant one by one after causing a scene with wait staff. (WREG)

Gonzalez told WREG that the group got mad and started berating the staff.

"They started getting louder and louder, getting upset, yelling offenses to the server, saying come on, come on,” he said.

After the blow up, the group left the table and exited the restaurant one by one. Gonzalez says one of the customers pushed a waiter in the stairwell on the way out.

Two women reportedly stayed behind to finish their drinks while ignoring wait staff. They each then left, leaving behind a $420 restaurant bill.

Gonzalez said he was shocked by the walk out, but thinks it was planned.

"Our walkouts are (usually because) they forgot to pay or they’ll come back next day. Major walkouts like that, that’s our first and biggest one,” he said.

"You don’t think they're gonna do that, especially on a Sunday night," he added. "One guy got them all riled up at the same time."

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

Gonzalez said he is relieved his workers were not hurt, but hopes the police catch all involved.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You already know the answer to your question. The screen shot in that story tells the tale.

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The EBT crowd. It's owed to them

Posts: 5538 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was trying to see if there was a finer distinction to be made. I just can not come up with one.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Eek Memphis Eek

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7275 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, owed to them.

"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I was trying to see if there was a finer distinction to be made. I just can not come up with one.

Nope. Wannabe “gangstas” & “ballers”

Posts: 6345 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
The EBT crowd. It's owed to them

Yep. They are entitled.

Once upon a time... taking a handout was something to be avoided, if possible. People were actually embarrassed if they couldn't provide for themselves. Now they are entitled.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad part this isn't in too bad a neighborhood. You never really are that far from one around here, but that area is mostly hippies, young people, etc. and a lot of families.
Thugs out on the town I suppose.

http://wreg.com/2018/06/06/gro...420-restaurant-bill/

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, not really thugs. That's the sad part. Every day, middle class people from this demographic now feel entitled.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one seeing the irony of the $420 tab?

Posts: 2056 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Am I the only one seeing the irony of the $420 tab?

I completely missed that

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Eek Memphis Eek

Memfrica.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Rule of dumb, call 5-0 and the popo when you smell the Guanga..

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Looking at the sizes of some of the folks at that table it looks like there is way more dining than dashing.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How long have you been here?

Why am I asking you that question?

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Sorry Para. I just reacted without thought or purpose. Won't happen again.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Rule of dumb, call 5-0 and the popo when you smell the Guanga..

This.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
It’s fairly well known at this point that people, especially males, don’t have a fully developed prefrontal cortex until the 24-26 age range (earlier for
Girls) and now there are studies looking at if that full development is stunted even further by THC

This means people in that range are more prone to risk taking behavior and have definite impaired judgment

I guess what I’m saying is, I did shit when I was younger that I look back on and wonder what the hell I was thinking (I never fined and dashed)

I am also a firm believer that experiencing the consequences for those dumbass decisions helps speed along that growth and development

I am certainly paying now for stupid shit I did when I was younger (in my case it’s because I did a lot of stuff that was very hard on my body)

Tl;dr young people do stupid shit because their brains aren’t fully developed. Youth is wasted on the young

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I know I've made this point before but, imagine what these people would do if they were three days hungry with no other options for survival. I repeat this point because I believe we need to prepare for it. They've willfully bought into a lie that 'entitles' them to what others have. Add to it desperation and unaccountability magnified by a mob environment.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post