SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are your obligations when Police ask for ID?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your obligations when Police ask for ID? Login/Join 
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I think half the problem is people calling the cops on stupid shit

The auditors call the cops on themselves.

Oh they are most assuredly wanting a confrontation and when I’ve seen these videos my hopes is that the officer simply wont play the game and give them what they want. I’m rooting for officers to show up, see that nothing is going on and leave and not give them attention and clicks for their videos.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
There is a difference between walking into a bank with a ski-mask on and standing on the sidewalk in public holding a camera.

No auditor is merely standing on a random sidewalk with a camera. No one is talking about or cares about such a person and cops couldn't care less about the person you describe. The auditors are strategically taking pictures of things they know will arouse suspicion.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This thread started with my concern over information being entered into a law enforcement database, particularly your ID associated with something someone has interpreted as suspicious, although you have done nothing wrong or illegal.

This seems related to my concern.
Tucker Carlson did a segment on Bank of America searching through their customer database to provide information on persons who have done nothing wrong or illegal, and then providing names to the FBI.

I think it is justified to be wary of law enforcement questioning in our politically charged atmosphere.
We live in an age where it seems acceptable to use government resources against those with conservative views.
Again, it’s not the officer doing the questioning, it’s how the information may be used against you by others down the line.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

I know we have a few guys here who are happy to never touch cash and only use their credit cards. Some of us here have raised these concerns in the past.

As some cheerlead for a "cashless" society, let this video be a harbinger for what's around the corner. Doing something the left doesn't approve of? Your card is off. Good luck eating.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15724 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
This has been a cool thread to read. Went 6 pages and nobody mentioned Brown v. Texas, 443 US 47.

That decision informs all fail to ID laws and requires a person to arrested (not detained) before they can be required to identify themselves.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
A real pain in the ass sovereign citizen type in my town just got 5 years in federal prison. You piss off the cops enough and they are going to dig DEEP into that statute book and find something that can stick.

I don’t have run ins with cops but if I did meet robocop somewhere that was pissing me off I would use the standard “am I being detained” question. If not, leave. If yes, he can waste his time ID’ing me for his “investigation”.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post