SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Shouldn't something like that call for an immediate mistrial and the conviction thrown out?

If it can be confirmed, sure. As it stands, they're only aware of the post. They have no idea who the person is who posted it, if they're actually related to anybody on the jury, or if it was made with any real information or was simply stirring the pot.

I am sure you are correct. But, wouldn't it be delicious if the assholes on the jury actually cause Trump to go free by their own hand?

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5008 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
At most, it would be a mistrial and the DA would have to decide whether to refile the case.

As said above, it could be legit, someone looking for a little fame, or even someone looking to "throw" the case to a mistrial.

It's very easy to find the relatives of someone, including cousin status, and I could pretend to be your cousin and make up stuff. Mike Anderson may be the true cousin of a jury member but a fake Mike Anderson might have posted that.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Found one that shows both pages of the letter.

https://x.com/PhilHollowayEsq/.../1799180470615240743

Posts: 24300 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It is "legit". Here's another look at Merchan's email.

https://x.com/greta/status/1799180584108875874?s=61

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
It's not big trouble. At this stage it's only potential big trouble.

It'll get checked out by both sides and I'm side each one already knows if one of juror has a cousin name Michael Anderson. It could be real or someone pretending to be Michael Anderson.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A reasonable, sober breakdown of what's come to light.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30928 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Merchan - is that short for Merchanovich, Comrade?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16641 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/ModernityN.../1799018784021512638

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The judge, in quoting the post, left out "...according to her." This narrows down the jurors to five.

Looking at how this was posted- in a thread not directly related to the Trump trial- seems to lend validity to its authenticity. The person who made the post about their juror cousin, having just learned the information, is excited, and drops in the comment as soon as possible.

Weighing against it being authentic is the presence of the person who told the excited poster that the law has been broken, although people frequenting a site such as that one would likely be more familiar with the law. If this turns out to be a hoax, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that both of these posters are one and the same person.

However, talking into consideration all we know at this point, I am inclined to believe this is authentic. It would be the exceptionally clever troll to go about chumming the waters in this fashion, and the perpetrator would be, I think, apt to make this posted remark known in general a bit sooner.

I make it 70/30, with favor going to it being authentic.

***edited to add***

Looking at this more closely, "Michael Anderson" posted their comment more than once, and it is the second comment below which was referenced by the judge, which is why the "...according to her." part was not included, and, again, there is "another person" right there to tell the poster that they are describing a violation of the law.

https://x.com/BurtMaclin_FBI/s.../1799207493026861336

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Then again...

If this is a troll, I think the guy is going to get far more attention than he bargained for.

Makes me wonder why the judge is taking this seriously.

https://x.com/JSweetLI/status/1799184582832755062

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Yale Law Professor, part 2 on the Trump case:

Posts: 8903 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I want to see this case rapidly disassemble, like a shuttle launch with a bad solid rocket booster seal, on a cold January morning...

"...go at throttle up..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Another guy that deserves to be in prison, James Clapper.
A day after the FBI agent testified under oath at the Hunter Biden trial that the laptop being introduced (yes, that laptop again) had zero implanted info.
It was all Hunter's work,says out FBI, and Clapper doubled down on his pre-election statement that it was Russian disinformation.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-hunter-biden-laptop

Posts: 9821 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Another guy that deserves to be in prison, James Clapper.
A day after the FBI agent testified under oath at the Hunter Biden trial that the laptop being introduced (yes, that laptop again) had zero implanted info.
It was all Hunter's work,says out FBI, and Clapper doubled down on his pre-election statement that it was Russian disinformation.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-hunter-biden-laptop

I am curious if there is some legal prohibition against former government officials using that status to make false statements or to try to interfere in an election?

All those 51 people used their credentials as former government officials to lend credence to the claim (which was known false already by the FBI) that the laptop was Russian disinformation. Certainly that is attempting to interfere in an election. If it is illegal, they need to be prosecuted.

Posts: 9741 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
QUESTION TO PONDER
Who stood a better chance of receiving a fair trial:
Donald Trump in New York City
or
Tom Robinson in To Kill A Mocking Bird?

Note - Both are based on works of fiction.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17565 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
He would be down the list a ways for me.
He is a good man for sure.
But DJT needs someone more aggressive and assertive imho.
He needs someone that will make sure people know what needs to be done when called upon and will take no prisoners.
Carson is not that kind of personality.

On the plus side he would make Harris look like the absolute air head ding a ling she is.

I hope Mulvaney is like everyone one else. Just guessing.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19732 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Dr. Carson would be a fine choice. Even keeled, not prone vitioluc lashing out, very smart and when he was HHS Secretary during the Trump admin, he didn't make headlines and quietly did his job.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
For awhile, over a year, the Trump camp has stated that "loyalty" is the primary factor in deciding members of his team, including VP. And I agree 100%, since betrayal has been perhaps the top problem in the Trump White House. Ben Carson is a man who will not fuck over Trump. He is friends with Trump, been in his inner circle for years, and has never once strayed from his trust and loyalty for the man. I consider him the top choice over the other possibilities.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/LibertyPillMeme/.../1798850480640294922

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023