SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 ... 1158
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/2024...o-stop-donald-trump/

Democrat mega donor and Epstein Island fan funding Haley to “Stop Trump.”

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Umm, no, you swamp snake. Roll Eyes

Kevin McCarthy endorses Trump for president and would consider serving in his Cabinet

BY LISA MASCARO
Updated 5:02 PM CST, December 8, 2023

WASHINGTON (AP) — Retiring Republican Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the ousted former House speaker, said he is endorsing Donald Trump for president and would consider serving in his Cabinet if the GOP front-runner were to win back the White House.

McCarthy had a rocky relationship with the former president, notably when he declined to publicly support Trump’s bid for a second term, despite being one of his earliest and most loyal allies. But they always seem to patch things up, and as McCarthy prepares to leave Congress he gave his nod.

“I will support the president. I will support President Trump,” McCarthy said in excerpts of an interview to air this weekend on “CBS News Sunday Morning.”

McCarthy has not disclosed his post-Congress plans, but asked if he would willing to serve in a Trump cabinet, he said, “In the right position, look, if, if I’m the best person for the job, yes.”

“Look, I worked with President Trump on a lot of policies. I, we, worked together to win the majority,” he told CBS’ Robert Costa in the interview, his first to air on TV since announcing he will leave Congress. “But we also have a relationship where we’re very honest with one another.”

GOP lawmakers, even those who have opposed Trump strongly at times, are swiftly falling in line behind the party’s presumed nominee, as they brush past and ignore some of his more alarming authoritarian rhetoric.

McCarthy, as he led the House’s slim GOP majority, had withheld his support for Trump as tried to keep a more neutral air and fundraise from wealthy donors, some of whom have soured on the former president.

Also mindful that a number of rank-and-file lawmakers come from congressional districts that President Joe Biden won, McCarthy held back his endorsement so as not to put them in a political bind.

But McCarthy, who depended on Trump’s backing to become speaker after a grueling 15-vote spectacle in January, has often made his way back to Trump.

In the aftermath of the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol by Trump supporters, McCarthy at first called it one of the saddest days he had experienced in Congress, putting the blame on the former president — only to dash to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Florida weeks later to mend the relationship.

McCarthy was ousted as House speaker in October by his hard-right detractors, including some of Trump’s most loyal allies among the House GOP.

Q

Posts: 27608 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Kevin McCarthy is everything that is wrong with Washington D.C..

Posts: 20604 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Looks like Pierre Delecto has figured out all on his own why Trump skipped the debates:

quote:
“I’m not gonna be endorsing President Trump, obviously. I’ve made that very clear. Look, Chris Christie has done a terrific job so far. I think his being in the race has kept Donald Trump from coming to the debates, because I think Donald Trump recognized if he went to the debate with Chris Christie, Chris Christie would reveal him for what he was. And Trump would be badly hurt. So he stayed out.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...-for-gop-nomination/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17193 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The filthy swamp creatures are so desperate, aren't they?

Q

Posts: 27608 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Delusional idiocy is rampant on the left.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Trump should hire McCarthy and make him the assistant to the WH butler.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
This article is a couple of days old, but I didn't see it in a search.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...mpaign=new&utm_term=

Hunter Biden Indictment Part of 'Deep State' Plan to Hurt Trump, Says Vivek Ramaswamy

Republican presidential hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy said the latest Hunter Biden indictment may be part of a 'deep state' ploy that serves several aims.

The latest indictment that brought nine new tax charges against Hunter Biden, son of President Joe Biden, could be part of a "deep state" ploy that serves several aims, including hurting former President Donald Trump's chances in the 2024 election, according to Republican presidential hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy.

A California grand jury on Thursday returned a nine-count indictment against Hunter Biden, charging him with three felony tax offenses and six misdemeanor tax offenses.

The indictment alleges that the president's son spent millions on a lavish lifestyle and drugs instead of fulfilling roughly $1.4 million in tax obligations.

Hunter Biden's attorney, Abbe Lowell, called the latest charges politically driven, while Hunter Biden said that his legal troubles are being exploited by his father's political opponents to damage his presidency.

Mr. Ramaswamy, who is one of the candidates vying for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, has a different take. He believes that the latest indictment serves Democrats in two ways—providing a convenient excuse to replace President Biden as their nominee in 2024 and giving cover for the various prosecutions of President Trump.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Lightning Fast" Supreme Court Agrees To Expedite Decision On Whether To Hear Trump 2020 Election Case

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ial-immunity-defense

After petitioning the US Supreme Court to weigh in on former President Trump's federal 2020 election case - specifically Trump's presidential immunity defense, Special Counsel Jack Smith had his answer by end-of-day, after the Supreme Court granted his request to "expedite consideration of the petition."

Attorney Steve Vladeck called the response "lightning-fast by the Supreme Court's standards."

More at link

Posts: 13119 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I absolutely agree with Tucker Carlson-

quote:
Discussing what could happen if Trump is convicted in the federal election case, Megyn Kelly said, “If she puts him in jail pending appeal before the election the country’s going to burn. Then all this blowback, ‘Oh my God she is calling for violence.’ I’m not calling for violence. But there is no way the Trump base is not going to be beside itself with anger at that level of deprivation of being able to simply vote for the candidate of choice. That’s what’s being taken away here.”

Carlson said, “Speaking of violence that is what you are going to get.”

He continued, “If you leave people no alternative, then what do you think is going to happen? I mean, the whole point of electoral democracy is that it’s a pressure relief valve that takes people who are very frustrated with the way things are going and gives them a way to express themselves, have their desires heard and ultimately their will done, to be represented in a peaceful way.”

Carlson added, “You’re rigging the election. And they did that. So, if you keep doing that, and people are like, ‘Wait, I have no economic power. You’ve devalued my currency so it’s like, $11 for a dozen eggs. And my vote doesn’t matter anymore, well then, what do I have? Like, what power do I have?’ And you’re going to get violence if you keep this shit up. That’s just the truth. And I’m very upset about that. I don’t want that to happen. I think the counter-violence will be much more extreme than the violence, but any rational person can see what’s coming."

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...u-keep-this-sh-t-up/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17193 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“You’re rigging the election. And they did that...

Just a reminder of how we got here:
The Trump Presidency : Year IV:

Two Weeks That Changed America
By Steve McCann

I was recently asked if there was a defining moment that dramatically accelerated and perhaps made permanent the chaos this nation is presently facing. My answer: the two weeks between March 16 and March 30, 2020.

On March 16th, Donald Trump declared a National Emergency for COVID-19 and effectively shut down the nation for “15 days to slow the spread”. At a press conference announcing the temporary shutdown he said: “With several weeks of focused action, we can turn the corner, and turn it quickly.”

Regardless of the severity, never throughout the annals of mankind has a nation been shut down to combat a pandemic. However, the politically compromised and dishonest medical advisors to Trump (including Drs. Fauci and Birx) advised him to declare a National Emergency and agree to a shutdown and social distancing by pointing to the supposed success of China’s choreographed lockdowns.

Soon thereafter, Trump allied with Mitch McConnell and the Democrats to structure an unprecedented economic relief package which was passed by Congress on March 27, 2020. Trump signed the $2.2 Trillion Coronavirus relief bill or the CARES Act on the same day. This was the largest single spending bill in human history and equivalent to the annual Gross Domestic Product of Russia.

Within the voluminous CARES Act was $400 million to the states to legitimize, promote, and underwrite mass mail-in voting and by default, ballot harvesting. By including this spending in the relief package, both political parties and the White House gave their stamp of approval for mass mail-in voting and the inevitable attendant abuse and manipulation.

The announced initial 15 days to slow the spread of COVID-19 days became 45 days as Donald Trump, on March 30, 2020, reluctantly extended the de facto national shutdown for an additional 30 days after acquiescing to the so-called public health experts in the government.

Once that extension was announced, Trump lost control of events and it became impossible for him to reverse course. He was mercilessly mocked whenever he talked about ending the lockdowns toward the end of the 45-day period as the legacy media and the Democrats were incessantly fearmongering and the federal medical bureaucracy was deliberately inflating the infection and fatality numbers.

This cabal was secure in the knowledge that the measures outlined by Trump and the White House Covid Task Force would sink the economy and open the door to mass mail-in voting and voter fraud. Which would also be the catalyst to defeat Trump in the general election. Accordingly, the political opposition and legacy media unrelentingly wallowed in alarmism and championed draconian lockdowns, masking and social distancing while also promoting mass mail-in voting.

Thus, the extension issued on March 30th inevitably led to long-term lockdowns, massive economic dislocation, protracted school closures as the various state governors, pointing to Trump’s decisions as their justification, initiated their own lockdown regimens. Trump was confronted with the reality that a president has no legal basis to intervene in the shutdown policies of the individual states.

Instinctively, Trump knew he had made a mistake as he watched the economy implode. However, due to the upcoming election, he hesitated to remove those around him, such as the duplicitous Drs. Fauci and Birx, who were not only incompetent but in league with the Democrat/Legacy Media axis.

Trump, in his speeches, did attempt to convince the governors and federal bureaucrats to alter course, but it was too late as the damage to his presidency, the nation, and the citizenry was a fait accompli. Further, with donor and federal government funding combined with insouciance on the part of the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee, the Democrat war machine relentlessly, and in some cases unconstitutionally, succeeded in changing election laws in numerous states prior to November 3, 2020.

The decisions and actions between March 16th and March 30, 2020 were the primary factor in the election of Joe Biden and the Obama-led Marxist takeover of the presidency and the Executive Branch, which has eventuated in the following:

A de facto open border resulting in over 10 million illegal immigrants and an untold number of potential terrorists flooding the nation,
$10.3 Trillion in new national debt since March of 2020 (in 2008 the total national debt was $10.0 Trillion),
A potentially permanent stagnant economy and ongoing inflation resulting in one dollar in November of 2023 buying only 82% of what it did in March of 2020, while real disposable income is down 7.5%,
A politically weaponized justice system and federal police force (FBI) targeting Trump and other political adversaries as well as everyday Americans,
Permanent uncontrolled mail-in voting in 34 of the 50 states,
The massive expansion of the government-sponsored censorship and domestic spying industry,
An overwhelming erosion of confidence in the Federal health bureaucracy due to manipulating data, promoting lockdowns, and the haphazard approval and mandating of the COVID-19 vaccine,
The funding of a never-ending and unnecessary war in Ukraine, the enriching of Iran, and the greenlighting of Chinese expansion and belligerency.

Donald Trump deserves to be recognized as an indispensable man who was the right president at the right time and prior to March of 2020 had one of the most successful presidencies in the modern era. However, when confronted by his adversaries and their manipulation of the Coronavirus Pandemic, Trump’s acquiescence and decision-making process was out of character as he was far too fixated on the upcoming election.

The decisions a president makes in times of national crises oftentimes have enormous implications for the future of the country. The decisions made in those fateful two weeks between March 16 and March 30, 2020 are the backdrop to the chaos this nation is presently experiencing.

https://www.americanthinker.co...changed_america.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24640 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
12/11/23

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Term limits for the President is the idea that needs to apply to ALL politicians.

However my concern is that when DJT is re-elected and starts to drain the swamp we had better have a really good candidate ready to step in and take his place to finish the job. Otherwise it will have been for naught if it goes back to a libtard traitor.

Where do we want to be in 5 years, 10 years. Need to plan now and we need to have a much longer time horizon than the opposition.

This, and a big concern is can we deliver the house and senate for the whole term, if the D get the house it will be back to Impeach Impeach Impeach.....

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Supreme Court agrees to hear Jan. 6 case that could affect Trump prosecution...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rcna128202

The Trump Train is picking up speed...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...24-election-n2632475

Alan Dershowitz:

Dershowitz even pointed out that the indictment regarding the January 6 case was so "open-ended and dangerous" that Smith himself could be indicted for it

Dershowitz also shared his thoughts in-depth in "The Dershow," with regards to the far-reaching consequences the indictment could have, calling it "one of the strangest documents I've ever read," regarding it as "open-ended and broad."

Smith himself left out Trump's key words on January 6 that he wanted people to " protest peacefully and patriotically ," which Dershowitz stressed bring Trump within the First Amendment. Dershowitz pointed out that Smith "deliberately, willfully, and with malice" left out these key words, thus "doctoring the speech."

Annunciating his words for emphasis, Dershowitz pointed out that "what you cannot argue about is that a decent prosecutor, an honest lawyer doesn't leave those words out of the indictment! And that's what Jack Smith did. He left those words out of the indictment."

When it comes to such an obscure theory, that lying could be criminalized, Dershowitz pointed out, Smith could himself be indicted for lying. He could also be held liable for, by indicting Trump, threatening his First Amendment rights.

"Now obviously Jack Smith's not gonna be indicted," Dershowitz made clear. "I just make that point to illustrate how open-ended and dangerous this indictment is."

Speaking with Bartirimo, Dershowitz also repeated a point he's made before, which is that he is certain that Smith will get a conviction, noting "the betting odds are probably 100 to 1 in favor of him getting a conviction" in the District of Columbia, which Dershowitz described as "a jurisdiction where 90 some odd percent of the people hate Donald Trump."

"He wants to get a conviction down and dirty before the election, knowing it may very well be reversed after the election, but it will be too late," Dershowitz added about Smith, stressing, "This really does constitute a form of election interference, denying us the public the right to vote against [Trump] or for him without interference by a criminal trial."

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Raised my blood pressure.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9469 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The Dems need to put their heads on straight.

“Democrats are calling on Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas to recuse himself from the high court's handling of Donald Trump's bid for immunity in the case about the 2020 election, citing his wife's actions in the aftermath of the contest and the court's own ethics rules.

In a Dec. 15 letter to Thomas, eight House Democrats ramped up the pressure on the justice to step back from the case involving the former president.

'We strongly implore you to exercise your discretion and recuse yourself from this and any other decisions in the case of United States v. Trump,' Representative Hank Johnson, the ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee's court subcommittee, and seven other Democrats wrote.

The Democrats argue Ginni Thomas's actions after the election 'raise serious questions' about her husband's 'ability to be or even to appear impartial in any cases before the Supreme Court involving the 2020 election and the January 6th insurrection.'
……
Donald Trump has been charged with four counts related to conspiring to obstruct the results of the 2020 election. His lawyers argue that presidential immunity shields him from prosecution.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan ruled against the former president in December. Trump appealed the decision, and special counsel Jack Smith asked the Supreme Court last week to expedite that process. Trump's lawyers have until Wednesday to respond to Smith's request. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/12878529

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9469 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
The Dems need to put their heads on straight.

“Democrats are calling on Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas to recuse himself from the high court's handling of Donald Trump's bid for immunity in the case about the 2020 election, citing his wife's actions in the aftermath of the contest and the court's own ethics rules.

In a Dec. 15 letter to Thomas, eight House Democrats ramped up the pressure on the justice to step back from the case involving the former president.

'We strongly implore you to exercise your discretion and recuse yourself from this and any other decisions in the case of United States v. Trump,' Representative Hank Johnson, the ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee's court subcommittee, and seven other Democrats wrote.

The Democrats argue Ginni Thomas's actions after the election 'raise serious questions' about her husband's 'ability to be or even to appear impartial in any cases before the Supreme Court involving the 2020 election and the January 6th insurrection.'
……
Donald Trump has been charged with four counts related to conspiring to obstruct the results of the 2020 election. His lawyers argue that presidential immunity shields him from prosecution.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan ruled against the former president in December. Trump appealed the decision, and special counsel Jack Smith asked the Supreme Court last week to expedite that process. Trump's lawyers have until Wednesday to respond to Smith's request. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/12878529
No way in hell should he recuse himself. Play by their rules.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
No way in hell should he recuse himself. Play by their rules.

Ya' think? You say that as if there were even a question. The idea barely deserves consideration let alone a response.

Hank Johnson is one of the dumbest people on the planet. He should recuse himself from planet Earth. The IQ of the human race would immediately jump about 30 points.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
12/18/23

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post