SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
President Trump is making the hard decision by stopping travel and gatherings. This will drop the number of cases per day within three to four weeks according to Dr Campbell's analysis that he briefs each day of the Global spread of the virus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzXQ6Bu9JVI

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Pretty somber address by the President.

Personally, at this juncture, I simply take it to mean that they (the administration) sincerely believes it was necessary, in that the fears and uncertainty of enough folks made the address *politically* necessary, more so than medically/scientifically...

This being a different sort of motivation and message than one of an "oh shit, the zombie virus is here" msg. Know what I mean? This seems more of a "chill, MFers, we've got this" message they felt politically compelled to make, even if a bit FUDy and early, rather than news of doomsday itself, so to speak.

While somber and still serious, I find that to be good news, in a sense.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I was unable to watch. Does anyone have a link to the full monte?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...suspended-30-days-uk

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from CTH

From the outset of Donald Trump’s entry into the world of politics he espoused a series of key tenets around what he called his “America-First” objectives:

The U.S. needed to have control over our borders, and a greater ability to control who was migrating to the United States. A shift toward stopping ‘illegal’ migration.

The U.S. needed to stop the manufacture of goods overseas and return critical manufacturing back to the United States. A return to economic independence.

The U.S. needed to decouple from an over-reliance on Chinese industrial and consumer products. China viewed as a geopolitical and economic risk.

https://theconservativetreehou...trump-3/#more-186168

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the chances in history that we needed this guy now and didn't really know why.

I we do what's right- 2-3 months to peak then rebound. The election is 7 months out. We could be in an economic Boom like never seen before in 6 months.

Austerity now will fuel desire later.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm starting to get a little alarmed here. Not at this Coronavirus outbreak and the reaction to it.

Frown

No, I'm starting to really worry that this might swallow up the Trump Presidency and he actually loses this November to whatever Democrat ends up being the nominee:

Mueller failed
Russia failed
Ukraine failed
Impeachment failed

People seeing their 401k's cut in half or worse, a bad recession with lots of layoffs, empty store shelves and just this sense that this might get out of control is just what may take him down.

Now granted we have 8 months to go which is a LONG time politically and if they nominate that stumbling, bumbling moron Biden that really helps him but people's 401k's will take years to recover and this may take a long time in general to recover from.

Remember how George Bush Senior was riding high after Gulf War 1? Then that recession came and he got wiped out.

Am I wrong here? Does anyone else feel this worry? Somebody talk me down from the ledge!

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Somebody talk me down from the ledge!

Share your courage and hide your fears. Don’t be a weak little bitch. Keep the faith.

Hope that helped.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...suspended-30-days-uk

Thank you.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I wrong here? Does anyone else feel this worry? Somebody talk me down from the ledge!
Your concern is noted, but I think we'll see a MASSIVE bounce-back before the end of summer. People will be working and THAT is key as compared to what one's 401k is doing. Be unemployed AND your 401k is tanking, now THAT isn't a good combination. I don't think we'll be in that situation.

I'm a glass is 3/4 full kinda guy... Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

As I posted earlier, this will all die down and be forgotten by May. Markets WILL bounce back, and the Democrats will continue to be idiots.

And there will be ANOTHER piece of bullshit to try to pin on Trump. And another. Welcome to 2020.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Anybody else notice how, within a couple weeks, once Obummer took credit for the economy, the markets started the Bearish retreat?

Coincidence?? I think not. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cut it out

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
Somebody talk me down from the ledge!

Share your courage and hide your fears. Don’t be a weak little bitch. Keep the faith.

Hope that helped.

This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hold the line, mannnnn. Hold the line.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Three years ago the left was complaining about President Trump's protectionist policies. Today they complain about where all our medications come from.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...oronavirus-response/

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) on Thursday announced on Twitter that he would cancel the Senate recess in order to respond to the coronavirus outbreak.

“Notwithstanding the scheduled state work period, the Senate will be in session next week,” McConnell wrote on Twitter. The Senate was scheduled for a week-long recess, beginning on Thursday afternoon.

McConnell’s cancellation of the recess comes as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) tries to rush forward passage of a bill to offer economic assistance to Americans affected by coronavirus.

President Trump, however, signaled that he was not pleased with the bill proposed by Pelosi late Wednesday night.

“It’s not a way for them to get some of the goodies that they haven’t been able to get for the past 25 years,” Trump said, referring to the Democrats.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think the biggest lesson to be learned from all this when it's finally over and things return to normal is just how SHOCKINGLY dependent we are on China for just about everything; meds, industrial goods, medical supplies, you name it.

Trump was right when he warned us this was not a good idea putting all our eggs into one basket and a lot of people's eyes are going to be opened.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I noted how the NBC news reported that China, a one party system, was already through it even though their methods were Draconian. Probably should have talked about hauling people away in steel boxes in pickups or chaining/welding into their homes. Roll Eyes

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I noted how the NBC news reported that China, a one party system, was already through it even though their methods were Draconian. Probably should have talked about hauling people away in steel boxes in pickups or chaining/welding into their homes. Roll Eyes
Yeah. I don't think that would sell well here.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post