SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ts-than-republicans/

Sen. Mitt Romney’s (R-UT) vote to impeach President Donald Trump has made the Utah senator very popular with Democrats

56 percent of Democrats now hold favorable views of Romney

but only 23 percent of Republicans feel the same way.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ts-than-republicans/

Sen. Mitt Romney’s (R-UT) vote to impeach President Donald Trump has made the Utah senator very popular with Democrats

56 percent of Democrats now hold favorable views of Romney

but only 23 percent of Republicans feel the same way.

Mittens is so blinded by his own hubris that he cannot fathom that the Dems/Media would gut him like a fish if he ever found his way to the national spotlight again.........just as they did in 2012. Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
One of the most leftist Democrat governors, Gavin Newsom of CA has glowing things to say about Trump and his administration regarding the corona virus, basically a love fest Eek

https://twitter.com/rising_ser.../1237210508341764096

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
It's too bad for the country that the DEMs went all out to bring down Donald Trump.

If they had been willing to sit down and bargain w him over efficiently using the federal govt to help the country, he would have been more than willing to horse trade, give and take, and cut deals that led to true bipartisan agreements and actions. What an opportunity missed.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's too bad for the country that the DEMs went all out to bring down Donald Trump.

If they had been willing to sit down and bargain w him over efficiently using the federal govt to help the country, he would have been more than willing to horse trade, give and take, and cut deals that led to true bipartisan agreements and actions. What an opportunity missed.

Yeah, well, they're communist dipshits that tried to use the full weight of the federal government to keep him from winning an election, and then weaponized everything they could in order to throw him out after he won.

Fuck those guys. Every single one of them.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
And not only just the DEMs/Leftists, but also the Never Trumpers, RINOs, etc., too, e.g., Romney, Bill Kristol, et. al.!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
And not only just the DEMs/Leftists, but also the Never Trumpers, RINOs, etc., too, e.g., Romney, Bill Kristol, et. al.!!

Add the leftist media to that list. They have done unimaginable damage to this country.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
will be interested to see what kind of tax rate cut President Trump is considering as a short term response to the current economic issues

I heard that he was considering reducing the rate to zero but I doubt that would fly. It would be nice, but probably not great, but even a 50% rate cut would help out a lot of folks who are feeling the squeeze.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

As could be paraphrased, “The Dims never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.”

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Fox is getting just as bad as local media with this virus BS, every damn story is virus, I now look forward to commercials to get a break. I don’t know if they would even do a story on an exploding volcano, earthquake, or meteor heading toward us if they can’t connect it to the damn virus. They are the main reason them markets are heading down the toilet, they should be held accountable.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
another win for us

SCOTUS agrees that the 'Remain in Mexico' policy can remain in place

thats great -we don't need to let these people we neither need nor want into the country

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Another crazy day. With the Wuhan virus now officially a pandemic (a dem panic?) By the WHO, the insanity in the stock market, the rocket strike in Iraq that has killed Americans, the price of oil, people simply panicking over anything...it would seem the President has plenty to talk about.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
REP Senator Tom Cotton puts out an ad pounding Joe Biden

https://youtu.be/c_5BZsOPK7U

seen at

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-chinese-corruption/

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) has launched a new television ad airing in Ohio ahead of next week’s presidential primaries in the state, ripping former Vice President Joe Biden for his ties to and corruption with regard to the Chinese Communist government in Beijing.

The ad, provided exclusively by Cotton to Breitbart News ahead of its public release, is one of the most vicious hits on Biden and his family’s corruption and deep ties to the Chinese Communist regime in Beijing.

“China is the greatest threat that we face,” Cotton told Breitbart News. “China’s duplicity and incompetence handling the Wuhan coronavirus has caused a pandemic. But Joe Biden has been weak on China his whole career. Biden is so bad that we know he’s not a Chinese agent — if he were, his handlers would tell him to occasionally oppose China to appear credible. Anyone who is concerned about China’s aggression or theft of American jobs needs to know that Joe Biden cannot be trusted to stand up to China.”

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Wow...amazing steps being taken. Media response on CBS is disgusting.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Wow...amazing steps being taken. Media response on CBS is disgusting.

I watched the address on CBS too; turned it off about 20 seconds after Norah gave that other guy a chance to start talking...

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this was before the 9pm ET President Trump address

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-travel-from-europe/

Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Director Dr. Robert Redfield says the “real threat” to the United States, in terms of stopping the spread of the coronavirus, is travel from Europe, as no new travel bans have been issued by the White House.

During a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing, Redfield told lawmakers that Europe, not China, is the largest threat at the moment in terms of the coronavirus increasingly spreading to the U.S.

“Clearly China is got control of their outbreak. They had 20 cases in the last 24 hours,” Redfield said. “Where our real threat [is] right now is Europe. That’s where the cases are coming in from. So in a way, if you want to just be blunt, Europe is the new China.”

The remarks come as President Trump’s administration has yet to issue any new travel bans outside of the existing ones for China and Iran, though the State Department has declared a “Level 3” travel warning for Italy and South Korea.

Despite Italy’s nationwide quarantine, daily flights from Milan, Italy — the most coronavirus-affected region of the nation — to the U.S. have largely continued with little to no changes

While Trump has placed a travel ban on Iran, Italy has surpassed Iran in terms of confirmed coronavirus cases and deaths from the virus. Today, there are close to 12,500 confirmed coronavirus cases in Italy and 827 deaths. Iran has nearly 20 million more residents than Italy.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has said Trump’s travel bans on China and Iran have been instrumental in stopping the spread of the coronavirus.

guess President Trump was listening

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well this is President Trump's no-win Kobayashi Maru scenario, and he won't be able to change the rules. If he does nothing, the Fake News PANIC-inducing media will crucify him. He's done this, and I'm SURE the Fake News PANIC-inducing media will find a way to blame him. Either way, he is phukked in the eyes of the Fake News PANIC-inducing media...

Y'all can tell me my head is buried in the sand, but I still regard this as MASSIVE overreaction over something that will not have NEAR the fatality rate as "regular" Influenza in the United States.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still regard this as MASSIVE overreaction over something that will not have NEAR the fatality rate as "regular" Influenza in the United States.

quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told lawmakers during a House Oversight Committee hearing Wednesday that COVID-19 — the disease caused by Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told lawmakers during a House Oversight Committee hearing Wednesday that COVID-19 — the disease caused by the novel coronavirus — is probably about 10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu.

https://theweek.com/speedreads...ce-immunologist-says

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

I still regard this as MASSIVE overreaction

He isn't overreacting at all.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I don't think Trump is overreacting, and he's definitely NOT FUCKING AROUND either! Serious times call for serious measures. Everyone needs to settle down and tighten their seatbelt....It's gonna be a rough ride for a bit!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post