SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 918
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sen. Joni Ernst (R. IA) reads House Impeachment Managers the fukkin’ Riot Act with respect to military aid for the Ukraine.

Breitbart Link

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
^^^ Is exactly why I made this meme a month or so back.^^^

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sen Blackburn:

Adam Schiff is hailing Alexander Vindman as an American patriot.

How patriotic is it to badmouth and ridicule our great nation in front of Russia, America’s greatest enemy?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

house republicans:

In their *own* impeachment brief, House Democrats said they had “compelling” or “overwhelming” evidence against President Trump 11 times.

Reality check: Democrats know they have fundamentally failed to make their case, and now they’re asking for a do-over in the Senate.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sen Tim Scott:

the evidence presented in the impeachment trial shows “absolutely the opposite” of what Democrats claim

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DEM Rep Jeffries said Trump's actions are an attack on the nation's character. He then compares the situation to the Civil War, 9/11, and the war in Afghanistan.

DEMs have gone bat shit crazy

xxxxxxxxx

REP Senator Kennedy:

Old expression. Very few souls are saved after the first twenty minutes of a sermon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dems still haven't released the testimony from the 18th witness, Michael Atkinson.

Today is the third and final 8 hour day of arguments by House Impeachment Managers.

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Environmentalists and former EPA officials have also raised concerns that many waters excluded from the Trump administration definition would now lack environmental protections because many states won't be able to step in and regulate.

For example, 13 states have direct prohibitions barring them from issuing water quality regulations stricter than federal limits, according to Betsy Southerland, former director of science and technology in the EPA’s Office of Water until 2017. Another 23 states would have to jump through regulatory or legislative hoops to implement stronger protections, she added.

Without a national floor of federal protections, states won’t have any incentive to issue stronger protections, Holman said, adding that many state environment agencies are already underfunded.

“It will be a one-way ratchet” toward less protection, he said. Holman added part of what made the Obama-era program so strong was it alleviated states from dealing with political pressure to weaken water quality protections, because they had to implement the federal standards.

Wow, I feel so bad for these state "officials" that will actually have to do some work to prove why they want to burden a local small business with more regulations. Yet it was perfectly ok to make the average working Joe pay for lawyers and environmental assessments and jump through regulatory hoops to prove to the "officials" why it was ok use his own land as intended. Kinda sucks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it?

It was all so much easier when they had no local accountability for the pain and inefficiency they were causing and could just dictate the absurd federal standards. Roll Eyes

Removing ridiculous Obama-era regulations, more Trump promises kept. Big Grin

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I hope the Navigable Waters Protection Act really does lead to some clarity as to what navigable waters are. The river that forms the northern border of our property in Michigan is classified as navigable. In the early 1900s, there was a dam that allowed the river to be used to float timber all the way to Lake Huron. The dam has been gone for 100 years and you can't even float a kayak on it, but it's still considered navigable.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
quote:
Environmentalists and former EPA officials have also raised concerns that many waters excluded from the Trump administration definition would now lack environmental protections because many states won't be able to step in and regulate.

For example, 13 states have direct prohibitions barring them from issuing water quality regulations stricter than federal limits, according to Betsy Southerland, former director of science and technology in the EPA’s Office of Water until 2017. Another 23 states would have to jump through regulatory or legislative hoops to implement stronger protections, she added.

Without a national floor of federal protections, states won’t have any incentive to issue stronger protections, Holman said, adding that many state environment agencies are already underfunded.

“It will be a one-way ratchet” toward less protection, he said. Holman added part of what made the Obama-era program so strong was it alleviated states from dealing with political pressure to weaken water quality protections, because they had to implement the federal standards.

Wow, I feel so bad for these state "officials" that will actually have to do some work to prove why they want to burden a local small business with more regulations. Yet it was perfectly ok to make the average working Joe pay for lawyers and environmental assessments and jump through regulatory hoops to prove to the "officials" why it was ok use his own land as intended. Kinda sucks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it?

It was all so much easier when they had no local accountability for the pain and inefficiency they were causing and could just dictate the absurd federal standards. Roll Eyes

Removing ridiculous Obama-era regulations, more Trump promises kept. Big Grin

I will not clutter up the President’s thread with these letters related to environmental protection, and will instead just provide a link. Suffice to say, during my time in the Forest Service, this exchange between the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality and the land owner was circulated widely.

Link to the two letters

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Nadler:

"He is a dictator. He must be removed from office."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1220843902716071936

This is like junior high school logic. What a babbling lying idiot

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GOP FL Sen Rick Scott on trial: We saw that protester yell something bad about Chuck Schumer. I’m thinking about possibly doing the same thing so the Sergeant- at-Arms will take me out also. This is ridiculous. We’ve heard the same thing three days in a row.

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
We’ve heard the same thing three days in a row.
That's the Leftist/Libtard mantra, sdy. Say something often enough and convincing enough and it becomes the truth. Right outta their playbook, sir...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Just watched Trump’s Marine helicopter and a bunch of Ospreys practicing their landings on a local football field in Wildwood in Preparation for the rally on Tuesday. CANT WAIT!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Trump were a dictator all politicians to the left of us here would already be worm food.

I remember Reagan - Ronnie all the way although I could not vote. After the mess of the 70's and 4 years of Carter, this country was a mess. The spark I think was THE Hockey Game!!!! It started the country on an optimistic path from the deep valley of pessimism we were in.

Hell, my 10th grade English Class term paper ripped the 1st 2 years of Carter. Got an 'A'. Today I'd be expelled and sent to a re-education camp. Still have it and read it once per year.

When Reagan won, optimism was back and starting to steam roller the left. Remember the "Establishment' wanted Bush I in there.

Fast forward - 8 years under Obama. An even deeper valley of pessimism in many ways. Then down comes Trump. I was all IN and could vote this time.

Trump's message of optimism carried the day. And it just keeps steam rolling on and on.

People do not like to hear pessimistic shit. It goes completely against the human spirit.

I recall that the commie scum called Reagan the 'Teflon Presidency' because these scum could get nothing bad to stick (they came close a few times).

Trump - it's better than teflon.

If, and it seems very real, Trump pulls 15 - 20 pct of the African American vote this time, I am hoping for a lot of mass suicides amongst the commie scum. You think Trump Derangement Syndrome is bad now, you ain't seen nothing yet.

President Trump for 4 more years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to keep the Senate and then retake the house.

The real trial will be election day this year. The voters will be Judge, Jury and Executioner.

Hopefully they will judge hard, convict and execute this leftist commie scum out of all 3 branches of the Federal Government. Well, at least the legislative branch...... We already own the Executive branch, and with the grim reaper's help are working feverishly on the Judicial Branch.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I gotta post the video of the Ospreys.

I wonder if this is just a practice venue, or if he’s actually landing here. It’s pretty much in the middle of a neighborhood.

Apparently he’s taking Air Force One to Atlantic City, and taking the helicopter to Wildwood.

From tonight

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Was listening to Rush a bit today, Shifty Schiff has been going on for hours about how Trump needs to go because he held up aid to Ukraine and how this cannot stand. You know how much military aid the Dems gave Ukraine during 8 years of Obama, even after they were invaded and annexed? Fucking ZERO. You know after Trump decided to give them this military aid, the Democrats voted against it? These people are beyond evil. Mad

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Just had this excellent, humorous summary sent to me. Awesome:

Impeachment Summary...
Dems: We have an airtight case against the President
Reps: Ok, go ahead
Dems: Trump and his staff came up with a plot to withhold funding to Ukraine contingent on the announcement of investigations into Joe Biden's son. AN ABUSE OF POWER, then he obstructed our investigation!
Reps: Oh gee that sounds bad.
Dems: It gets worse, he also withheld a meeting with the new President of Ukraine unless he complied.
Reps: WOW. That poor man, when will they get the money?
Dems: Oh, they already got the money. A few weeks before the deadline
Reps: Wait, he got the money? Are they going to withdraw the investigations?
Dems: He never announced the investigations, but Trump asked them to investigate in their meeting.
Reps: Wait, THEY HAD THE MEETING?
Dems: Well yeah, they had a meeting
Reps: So let me make sure I have this right, Trump gave them the money before the deadline, they didn't announce any investigations and they got the meeting.
Dems: Yes
Reps: And you investigated this?
Dems: Of course we did, we had to, the president clearly has bad motives.
Reps: and you found proof of this?
Dems: Absolutely, one guy overheard someone else on the phone talking to Trump about the whole scheme.
Reps: Like on speaker phone?
Dems: Not exactly, more like across the table in a crowded restaurant, not on speakerphone.
Reps: I see, I suppose he destroyed all the evidence, thus the obstruction.
Dems: Well no, first he declassified the meeting transcripts, BUT then he said he had executive privilege or some nonsense.
Reps: What did the court say?
Dems: What court?
Reps: Didn't you take him to court to get the records?
Dems: There was no time, we can't have a president extorting foreign countries. LOL MAN, are you crazy?
Reps: Just a second, let me catch my breath.
Dems: Shocking isn't it.
Reps: To recap, Trump gave Ukraine a meeting, the funding, no investigations were launched, declassified the meeting, and offered to go to let the courts decide on executive privilege, and you impeached based on an overheard phone call and the fact that you were in a hurry?
Dems: Well... when you say it like that it makes us sound silly. But you'll see when we call new witnesses during the Senate phase.
Reps: YOU HAVEN'T EVEN INTERVIEWED ALL THE WITNESSES YET?
Dems: Well, no but we did interview a few low level staffers.
Reps: *looks around*
Dems: *grins confidently*
Reps: You are all crazy.
Courtesy Michael Curran.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I gotta post the video of the Ospreys.

Apparently he’s taking Air Force One to Atlantic City

I’m seeing people reporting seeing Ospreys and Marine 1 practice landings at several sites.

He’s probably going to land at the NJ ANG base at the AC airport in Egg Harbor.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's an apt summary, there, Tigerdore. I hope you don't mind if I share that around.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That's an apt summary, there, Tigerdore. I hope you don't mind if I share that around.

Please do!

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Nadler:

"He is a dictator. He must be removed from office."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1220843902716071936

This is like junior high school logic. What a babbling lying idiot

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GOP FL Sen Rick Scott on trial: We saw that protester yell something bad about Chuck Schumer. I’m thinking about possibly doing the same thing so the Sergeant- at-Arms will take me out also. This is ridiculous. We’ve heard the same thing three days in a row.

These coup plotter are treasonous scum and too stupid to breathe. They must be tried, convicted, and hung by the neck until they are no longer able to continue their stupidity.

Sadly, this is no more likely to happen than theses clowns removing President Trump.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Please do!

I will. That's hilarious!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I hope the Navigable Waters Protection Act really does lead to some clarity as to what navigable waters are. The river that forms the northern border of our property in Michigan is classified as navigable. In the early 1900s, there was a dam that allowed the river to be used to float timber all the way to Lake Huron. The dam has been gone for 100 years and you can't even float a kayak on it, but it's still considered navigable.

Or how about the case several years ago, up in the Spokane region as I recall. Family wanted to build a house, bought the land, submitted plans, etc to local gubbermint. Got that approved with no problem.

Enter the feds. They were told that they could not build their house there as it was a "wetland".

Spent a bunch of money, and finally won their case when the judge told the EPA(?) to take a hike!

Why? because the EPA was arguing over a freaking MUD PUDDLE! I guess the EPA had plans to put a stern-wheeler on it, or something.

Another case up there, a small business cleared all the junk and trash out of a large ditch behind their facility. EPA charged in and told them they had to restore it to its original condition. A couple old cars, refrigerators, etc etc.

Never let it be said that "government" actually knows what the hell it is really doing.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post