SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 917
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Seems there’s a bunch of these characters.

No shit. Tall boy Senator John Thune has been my latest disappointment.

At least our Governor Kristi Noem has some guts.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Senator John Thune has been my latest disappointment.

He sure has been surprising in a "Now I'm Disappointed" sort of way lately.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Cotton is being too smart by half. Again.
He's not alone in his cloudy thinking, as if that does anyone any good.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading statements like that one from Cotton above just piss me off to no end. He talks about election integrity and preserving our electoral process, but is perfectly ok with allowing the theft of the presidency by the left. Does he not fucking realize that if we let them do it this time that there will be absolutely nothing to stop them from doing it over and over again? Hell, look at tomorrow...I bet they are going to get away with it again because they realized how easy it is to just deny, knowing the Republicans will do absolutely nothing to stop them. The only way to stop this whole fiasco from happening again is through election reform, enact a voter ID requirement regardless of how much it costs and enforce it. Not a chance in hell will this happen if we let the Democrats take everything. This is it....they know it....we know it....but unfortunately half of the GOP can’t realize what the hell is happening.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that it is 5:50 PM and President Trumps Rally in Dalton, GA starts at 7:00 PM tonight.

Yet on Right Side Broadcasting Network, with nothing happening, nobody talking, just a shot of people filling the stands, 36,000 people are watching.

Edited to add, it is now 5:55 PM and 37K are watching, nothing but flags flying and people arriving.
I understand arriving early to a physical location, but arriving an hour early to a Live video, what’s up with that.
President Trump has his supporters, that’s for sure.
Biden, oh, well Biden is told he has supporters.

6:00 PM 38K now watching, adding 1K of viewers every 5 minutes.

RSBN Link to Dalton, GA Trump Rally 7:00 PM 1/4/2021

NTD Link for Trump Rally

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well hot damn, Cotton says he's gonna appoint a fraud committee and this won't ever happen again! What a gutless coward of a whore. Why didn't that piece of shit start that special committee the minute democrats started crying for mass mail in votes? Every tree in Washington should have a politician swinging from it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^62K watching now to include me now. The CEO of My Pillow is being interviewed. I need to buy some more of his company's products. Smile

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Between RSBC and NTD it looks like we have 212K watching the Trump Rally Live.

Now waiting on President Trump to arrive in approximately 40 minutes which would put Pres. Trump coming on stage at ~9:10 EST.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
US attorney in Georgia abruptly resigns

https://www.washingtonexaminer...gia-abruptly-resigns

The top federal prosecutor for the Northern District of Georgia abruptly resigned on Monday.

U.S. Attorney Byung “BJay” Pak previously signaled that he would stay in his position until Jan. 20, Inauguration Day, but that changed after a recording made public on Sunday revealed President Trump complaining of a "never-Trumper U.S. attorney there" during a phone conversation with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

Trump did not specify whether he was talking about Pak during the conversation that was largely focused on election fraud claims.

In an internal email reported by Talking Points Memo, Pak said "unforeseen circumstances" prompted his decision to resign early, although he did not elaborate.

A statement released publicly only expressed gratitude to Trump and others.

"It has been the greatest honor of my professional career to have been able to serve my fellow citizens as the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia," Pak said in the statement, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I have done my best to be thoughtful and consistent, and to provide justice for my fellow citizens in a fair, effective and efficient manner. I am grateful to President Trump and the United States Senate for the opportunity to serve, and to former Attorneys General (Jeff) Sessions and (William) Barr for their leadership of the department."

Pak was nominated to the position by Trump and confirmed by the Senate in 2017. He previously served as a Republican Georgia state representative.

Posts: 12655 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Well hot damn, Cotton says he's gonna appoint a fraud committee and this won't ever happen again!

Translation = we're going to do absolutely nothing.

They now own Cotton and they know it.

Just like all the other empty promises to 'get to the bottom' of things...just string it along for years until people finally give up...

They're in 'stall/ignore/repeat...run out the clock' mode until Jan 20, 2020.

Do nothing (like they have) and win. That's why Ol' Sleepy hid in the basement...wouldn't matter if PDJT won by 10M votes, they'd find a way to come up with 10.5M for Sleepy, and not a d@mn person with any power/authority is gonna do a d@mn thing to stop it.

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Kelly says she will vote no. About two months too late, but great. Crowd is chanting, "Fight for Trump", and he said it's, "Fight for the country". Best president of my life.

Also, screw Mike Lee. Reyes is the only good politician from Utah. Burgess is from Ohio Wink

quote:

Trump lawyer suggests Pence could defer certifying election, send requests to state legislatures
By John Solomon
4-5 minutes

One of President Trump's campaign attorneys suggested Monday that Vice President Mike Pence delay certifying the elections results for Joe Biden when Congress convenes Wednesday and instead ask legislatures in the six states where results have been contested to clarify which candidate's slate of electors should be approved.

Jenna Ellis, senior legal adviser to the Trump campaign, floated the idea Monday afternoon during an appearance on the Just the News television show The Water Cooler with David Brody.

"What Mike Pence could do, and what he should do, in fact, is to direct a question back to the state legislatures when there are two competing slates of delegates from these six states, he can ask that question to the states and say, 'well, state legislators, you know, I have an oath to the Constitution to uphold the Constitution as written in Article II Section 1.2 which says the state legislatures direct the manner in which electoral delegates are selected. So you tell me which of these two slates was selected in the manner that your state general assembly has designated,'" Ellis said.

"And that's a fair question. That's not exercising discretion. That's not setting up any sort of bad precedent. That's actually returning the authority to the constitutionally vested entity and just simply directing that question I think would then require a response from these very timid, to put it lightly, state legislators that haven't been willing to act, and it would in fact then give a very clean outcome to this election," she added.

The six states she cited are Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada. In all six states, the governments have declared Biden the winner and sent electors to Congress supporting the Democrat. But Trump supporters and some legislators in each of those states have said they don't trust the results because of irregularities and changes to election processes that weren't approved by the Legislatures. Courts have steadfastly refused to intervene despite numerous lawsuits challenging the results.

While as many as 100 GOP lawmakers in the U.S. House and a dozen GOP senators are expected to contest the results, congressional leaders say they have the votes to approve Biden's electors.

Ellis suggested that Pence could take the action at the beginning of Congress' electoral review proceedings Wednesday, "before even opening any of the certificates that are sent," based on publicly stated objections raised by several legislators in each of the states.

It is unclear whether Pence would support doing so, or if the vice president, a strict constitutionalist throughout his career, believes the Constitution to empowers him to take such action.

Pence over the weekend issued a statement through his chief of staff Marc Short saying he supported the efforts of GOP House members and senators to contest the results.

In a follow up email to Just the News, Ellis described the steps she believed could be taken lawfully:

Pence should not open any of the votes from the six states, and instead direct a question to the legislatures asking them to confirm which of the two slates of electors have in fact been chosen in the manner the legislature has provided for under Article II, Section 1.2 of the U.S. Constitution.
The Vice President should open all other votes from states where electors have been certified and not contested, and count accordingly.
The question would then require a response from the legislatures, which would then need to meet in an emergency electoral session.
Pence should require a timely response from each state legislature and set a deadline of Jan. 17. If any state legislature fails to provide a timely response, no electoral votes can be opened and counted from that state. The Constitution provides that if no candidate for President receives a majority of electoral votes, the Congress shall vote by state delegation. This would provide two and one-half days for Congress to meet and vote by delegation prior to January 20 at noon for inauguration.
Pence would not be exercising discretion nor establishing new precedent, simply asking for clarification from the constitutionally appointed authority in each of the six states.

https://justthenews.com/politi...ection-send-requests

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Man alive, it is complicated and complex. Dragging it right up 'till noon on the 20th. I feel like I'm watching Lets Make a Deal and Monty Hall is offering a new car, or whats behind door #3 or, a toaster (biden) on door #1. As smart as many people should be, there is always some stupid people, (Dems) that will go for the toaster. Im going with the toaster I can hear them say. This is agony.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Biden will be inaugurated on the 20th.

I really miss Para.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
...Biden will be inaugurated on the 20th.

You, too?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It's not what I want to happen but McConnell runs the Senate. He wants a return to business as usual.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ So, you're certain Biden will become President on Jan 20th?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
One thing I have learned is to never underestimate Trump, when he first got into office they pretty much stayed clear of him, figuring he would not last, as usual they were wrong. He is a true leader, not a politician, what he has done is shown us who is the weak knee pols that don’t care about us, and need to be removed in the primaries. Unfortunately it seems to be most, but if we want to bring the GOP back to what it was they need to go.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Who is certain of anything in the face of the pure evil we are seeing? It honestly all comes down to Pence. If he doesn't stand up and do what is right, then what paths are left? I'm hoping the intelligence report finally gets released and he can invoke the Insurrection Act as a last resort, but we haven't heard anything more about that for weeks. Has anyone heard from Ratcliffe since? All of this is unreal. I'm praying for a miracle and haven't lost hope yet, but we are almost out of time.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Who is certain of anything in the face of the pure evil we are seeing?...

See chellim1's quote (although he deleted his post) at top of the page for the reason of my question. Sounds pretty certain to me.

Q

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is certain of anything in the face of the pure evil we are seeing?...

Ackks is right. Nothing is certain. That's why I deleted it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post