SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
In some other unimportant news, the President is nominated for the Novel Peace Prize for the 3rd time. Big Grin

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-nomination-doctrine

Trump gets third 2020 Nobel Peace Prize nomination
Trump is reducing US involvement in wars, one of his nominators said

By Evie Fordham | Fox News

President Trump received his third 2020 Nobel Peace Prize nomination in September, this time from a group of Australian law professors.

“What he has done with the Trump Doctrine is that he has decided he would no longer have America involved in endless wars, wars which achieve nothing but the killing of thousands of young Americans and enormous debts imposed on America," Australian legal scholar David Flint told Sky News Australia on Sunday. "He's reducing America's tendency to get involved in any and every war."

Flint praised the president's role in brokering a peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

"What Trump did is he went ahead and negotiated against all advice, but he did it with common sense," Flint told the outlet. "He negotiated directly with the Arab states concerned and Israel and brought them together."

"He's also been the first American president to work out how to make America energy independent of the Middle East," Flint added.

Trump was first nominated for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize by a Norwegian Parliament member for his role in the United Arab Emirates-Israel peace deal. Days later, a Swedish Parliament member nominated Trump again after he helped secure a deal for normalized economic relations between Serbia and Kosovo.

"It's a great honor to be nominated, and I know it has tremendous significance," Trump told Fox News Radio White House correspondent Jon Decker on Sept. 10. "I just think it's a great thing for our country. It shows that we're trying to make peace, not war all the time."

The Nobel Peace Prize winner will be announced on Oct. 9.

Fox News' inquiry to NobelPrize.org was not immediately returned.

Fox News' Yael Halon and Adam Shaw contributed to this report.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
President Trump receives a THIRD nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize, this one from a group of Australian lawyers.

Link

Three nominations in one year, each for different accomplishments.

I hope the President receives the Nobel Peace Prize and wins re-election!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...n-endorsement-biden/

Philadelphia Firefighters’ and Paramedics’ Union Backs Trump, Defies National Union Endorsement of Biden

The Philadelphia Firefighters’ and Paramedics’ Union broke from the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) and “proudly” endorsed President Trump for re-election, citing the overwhelming support for the president among members.

“The Philadelphia Firefighters’ and Paramedics’ Union, Local 22 of the International Association of’ Fire Fighters proudly endorses President Trump for re-election,” the union announced on Tuesday, hours ahead of the first presidential debate.

“The members of Local 22 respectfully break with the undemocratic IAFF endorsement of Joe Biden and pledge our full support to President Donald J. Trump,” President Mike Bresnan said in a statement, explaining that IAFF’s endorsement of Biden was done “without a canvas of local unions and the consideration of the rank and file IAFF membership.”

Local 22 members, which represent over 4,700 current and retired first responders, were surveyed and “overwhelmingly” chose the president, Bresnan said, adding that IAFF leaders should view the endorsement as a “wake-up call.”

“They know what is at stake in this election and this endorsement should be a wake-up call to IAFF leaders that have lost touch with the will of the membership. There is tremendous support for President Trump among first responders and we encourage other IAFF locals to confer with their members,” Bresnan continued.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Schumer says he won't meet w Judge Amy Coney Barrett ahead of her upcoming confirmation hearings

Blumenthal and Hirono also said they won't meet w "ACB".

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-meet-w-acb-n2577132

I hope the REP senators are savage and public in their response to any DEM attempts to attack ACB like they did to Brett Kavanaugh.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Schumer says he won't meet w Judge Amy Coney Barrett ahead of her upcoming confirmation hearings

Blumenthal and Hirono also said they won't meet w "ACB"..

Like their tantrums are going to make a difference. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
These union endorsements or non endorsements don't mean much in terms of actual votes do they? It's the union heads usually giving the endorsements and do they poll the rank and file before giving an endorsement?

I know of many union workers in the mines in northern Minnesota who are staunch Trump even though the union heads endorse Biden.

The exception may be the teachers union. Most teachers I know which includes my daughter and two daughter in laws will vote Biden because that's what they are told to do by the union and they're peers.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Blumenthal and Hirono also said they won't meet w "ACB".

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-meet-w-acb-n2577132

I hope the REP senators are savage and public in their response to any DEM attempts to attack ACB like they did to Brett Kavanaugh.

They are afraid of her. She is morally and intellectually vastly superior to them and they know it. They will feel small in her presence.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Like their tantrums are going to make a difference. Lol.

Yep, the table is set. There is nothing the Democrats can do to stop it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Fairly big news just declassified by the DNI. The Russian Collusion Hoax was Hillary's idea.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is an incredible revelation. Partly because no one in the IC leaked it when it was happening. Or maybe they did and the MSM ignored it.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
We will throw Hillary under the bus if you leave Joe alone.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I won't watch the debate live. Maybe I'll just rely on you guys for the play-by-play.

After all, I am highly allergic to bullshit.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ that’s my plan. I’m binge watching Bosch. My BP will be a lot lower that way.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37082 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Checked out the Hulu stream of the debate. Seems to be presented by ABC news...

Canceled cable a few weeks ago, so no OANN....Dangit!

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Perhaps I won't watch the debate live. Maybe I'll just rely on you guys for the play-by-play.

After all, I am highly allergic to bullshit.

This is my plan as well.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
Checked out the Hulu stream of the debate. Seems to be presented by ABC news...

Canceled cable a few weeks ago, so no OANN....Dangit!

You should be able to watch OANN on YouTube.com

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Watching OAN.

Should be kicking off on about a minute

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I wish I could... Don't have it here. Switched to Fox after NBC stated they would be fact checking Trump but likely not Biden unless a claim was beyond normal.

And for gods sake, Biden is not the Vice President. Pence is the VP. Biden is Mr. or at best "former VP".

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Let the night's entertainment begin!! Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
And we are off! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post