SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in its own thread, I'll move it necessary...

Legitimate question: Are media polls regarding an election a very subtle method of voter manipulation?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Yes. That is why the "P" in poll stands for propaganda. Fake and or inaccurate polling is used to dishearten the opponent. Also see "push poll" on your favorite search engine.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1306452730823802880

video at link

John Kerry (a 2016 interview )

"there would be no peace deals done individually with Arab nations without a Palestinian peace deal."

"I want to make that clear to all of you"

"Everybody needs to understand that"

xxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...out-the-palestinians

same story

"The only thing more amazing than this clip of John Kerry is that the Democrats are currently running on putting all the same people from this clueless administration back into the WH," Washington Free Beacon executive editor Brent Scher concluded.

and

https://hotair.com/archives/ed...ossible-middle-east/

The biggest takeaway, though, is the realization that the biggest obstacle to normalized Israeli-Arab relations might have been the US, at least for the eight years Obama ran foreign policy.

From this clip, it certainly sounds as though the Obama administration never bothered to try achieving anything like the Abraham Accord. It sounds as though Obama, Biden, and Kerry were the ones insisting that Israel deal with the Palestinians first, giving cover to the Arab nations to stick to that demand. And of course, Kerry’s making these categorical and stupendously idiotic declarations a year after the Obama administration sent pallets of cash to Iran, the nation that Arab nations fear in the region even more than they do Israel.

Had Hillary Clinton and the old establishment won the 2016 election, this never would have come to pass. And seeing just how spectacularly wrong they were, crystallized in this pompous-ass clip from that same year, should be a good argument for keeping their hands off of foreign policy for at least another four years — if not forever.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
If we had anything like an independent press they wouldn’t be getting away with that.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump approached the ME problem from a different perspective. Peace is his first goal, not enriching himself or "partners".

Previous administrations always put the pali-dogs first, but why? How much pali-dog financial aid made it back to US state department and politician pockets? Does the palistinian authority redistribute money just like Ukrainian government?

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in its own thread, I'll move it necessary...

Legitimate question: Are media polls regarding an election a very subtle method of voter manipulation?

Yes they are media manipulation, distortions and out and out lies. They get the answers they want to hear by only polling certain groups and by the way the question is worded. The media wants to influence voters to believe that overwhelming numbers are anti Trump in order to discourage Trump supporters from voting. This is exactly why all the polls had Clinton with huge leads in 2016, but it backfired on them. I think it will backfire again on them.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:

Yes they are media manipulation, distortions and out and out lies. They get the answers they want to hear by only polling certain groups and by the way the question is worded. The media wants to influence voters to believe that overwhelming numbers are anti Trump in order to discourage Trump supporters from voting. This is exactly why all the polls had Clinton with huge leads in 2016, but it backfired on them. I think it will backfire again on them.

Honestly, I think they are more desperate now than in 2016 and it can be disheartening at times. Anyone believe the polls in Wisconsin that Biden is leading by an average of 7+ or something? Sure....

I just have faith that normal people are going to come out in force and things will be alright.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Victor Davis Hanson: The News as We Once Knew it Is Dead

In 2017, the liberal Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University found that 93 percent of CNN's coverage of the Trump administration was negative. The center found similarly negative Trump coverage at other major news outlets.

The election year 2020 has only accelerated that asymmetrical bias -- to the point that major newspapers and network and cable news organizations are now fused with the Joe Biden campaign.

Sometimes stories are covered only in terms of political agendas. Take COVID-19.

The media assure us that the Trump administration's handling of the pandemic has been a disaster. But their conclusions are not supported by any evidence.

In the United States, the coronavirus death rate per million people is similar to, or lower than, most major European countries except Germany

When the virus was at its worst, before the partisan campaign of this election year heated up, the governors in our four largest states had only compliments for the Trump administration.

Democrats Andrew Cuomo of New York and Gavin Newsom of California and Republicans Greg Abbott of Texas and Ron DeSantis of Florida effusively praised the administration's cooperation with their own frontline efforts.

The most recent conclusions of impartial heads of federal agencies responsible for coordinating national and state policies are about the same.

Dr. Deborah Birx (adviser to both the Obama and Trump administrations on responses to infectious diseases), Dr. Anthony Fauci (director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) and Dr. Scott Gottlieb (former head of the Food and Drug Administration) have not faulted the Trump administration's overall COVID-19 response. They attribute any shortcomings to initial global ignorance about the origins and nature of the epidemic, incompetence at the World Health Organization, or the initial inability of bureaucracies to produce easily available and reliable test kits.

Prominent progressive Trump critics such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi criticized the necessary Trump travel ban, yet Pelosi told people there was no reason to cancel planned travel to San Francisco's Chinatown.

However, the real warping of the news is not just a matter of slanting coverage, but deliberately not covering the news at all.

In the last two weeks, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has achieved the most stunning breakthroughs in Middle Eastern diplomacy in over half a century.

Countries once hostile to Israel, such as the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, now formally recognize it. Other Arab nations may follow. Ancient existential enemies Kosovo and Serbia also agreed to normalize their relationship with Israel by signing economic agreements.

Yet none of these historic events have drawn much media attention. All of them would have been canonized were they achievements of the Obama administration.

In 2017, the media suggested that Trump's plans to get out of the Iran nuclear deal and the Paris climate accord, to confront Chinese mercantilism, to forge new alliances between Israel and moderate Arab regimes, to isolate an ascendant Iran, to close the southern border to illegal immigration, to jawbone NATO alliance members into honoring their defense expenditure commitments, and to destroy ISIS and weaken Hezbollah were all impossible, counterproductive or sheer madness.

And now?

An embargoed and bankrupt Iran is teetering on the brink. Its international terrorist appendages, including Hezbollah, are broke.

China is increasingly being ostracized by much of the world.

The U.S. has cut its carbon emissions, often at a rate superior to those nations still adhering to the Paris climate accord targets.

Cross-border illegal immigration has been reduced, according to many metrics.

ISIS was bombed into near dissolution. Moderate regimes in the Middle East are ascendant; radical cliques like Hamas and al-Qaeda are not.

More NATO members are meeting their commitments. The alliance's aggregate defense investments are way up.

Is any of that considered news? Not really.

Instead, every three or four days the public is fed a series of fantasy "bombshells" much like the daily hysterias of the Robert Mueller investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump team and Russia -- a two-year, media-hyped dud.

In recent weeks the media warned us that Trump was dismantling the Post Office to disrupt mail-in balloting.

Trump, we are told, has decided never to concede his sure loss in November and might have to be forcibly removed, perhaps by the military.

We read that Trump defiled the memory of fallen American soldiers in cemeteries abroad. We are lectured that Trump supposedly never took COVID-19 seriously.

All of these stories were either demonstrably untrue, were supported only by anonymous sources, or were the sensationalism of authors hawking books.

Yet such concocted melodramas will continue each week up to Election Day, while fundamental geostrategic shifts abroad brought about by American diplomacy will by intent go unnoticed.

The news as we once understood it is dead.

It has been replaced by the un-news: a political narrative created by partisans who believe the noble ends of destroying Trump justify any biased means necessary -- including destroying their own reputation and craft.

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Dinesh D'Souza's new film is coming out next month. If you never watched one of his films, see this one. A preview-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Ozc&feature=emb_logo

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/bennyjohns.../1306674380437676033

President Trump to sign an executive order establishing a commission to promote patriotic education called “The 1776 Commission”.

video at link

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else seen the commercial for The Comey Rule???
I just saw it a few minutes ago and can't really make heads or tails of it.

Apparently it is a new two part mini series on Showtime. I had to do some googling to make sure it was actually a real thing.
It is, and apparently it was set to release after the election but there was a lot of general bitching from various "Hollywood" types and it is now rescheduled and will come out sometime before the end of the month. I can say I guess I am happy I don't have showtime.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Kosovo gives Trump their highest honor:

quote:
WASHINGTON (REUTERS) - Kosovo is giving U.S. President Donald Trump its highest award for his role in helping Kosovo and Serbia reach a deal aimed at normalizing economic ties.

Kosovo President Hashim Thaci, in a letter seen by Reuters, informed Trump that he will receive Kosovo's Medal of the Order of the Freedom.

But notice in the link what kind of pic they run Roll Eyes

https://www.usnews.com/news/wo...r-serb-economic-deal

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Doesn't matter. These petty assholes can't do anything to take away such an honor and they know it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
More winning!

President Trump to hold 2pm press event with Kuwait. I wonder what it could be... Big Grin

https://twitter.com/Shem_Infin.../1306971224459948036

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Is there a season for the Nobel Prizes? Or can they be awarded in... Say... October? Smile

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Kosovo gives Trump their highest honor:

[QUOTE]WASHINGTON (REUTERS) -

Reuters is CNN by another name!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Is there a season for the Nobel Prizes? Or can they be awarded in... Say... October? Smile

“ The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize is scheduled to be announced by the Norwegian Nobel Committee on Friday 9 October, 11:00 CET”

However, the President is nominated for the 2021 prize. It wouldn’t help his re-election

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Noticing more and more ads for voting by mail.

I hope it’s deemed unlawful to do that. A lot if ads for the postal service making it sound like it’s not an issue.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
"INEVITABLE INDICTMENTS" - Hillary Clinton, Pelosi and prominent Democrats set to be indicted

What garbage click bait headline. The video itself shows Hannity with his usual garbage that we heard a thousand times. "This bombshell should result in this and that". Roll Eyes

Then, clicking on a couple of links there shows you more garbage.

"BOMBSHELL: HILLARY CLINTON TO BE DEPOSED BY FEDERAL JUDGE IN CONNECTION WITH FRESH EMAIL LEAKS..." - The fucking article is from March. Roll Eyes

"FINALLY: Brave House Republican files petition to indict and remove Nancy Pelosi" - Yeah, like that is going to go anywhere. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
"INEVITABLE INDICTMENTS" - Hillary Clinton, Pelosi and prominent Democrats set to be indicted

What garbage click bait headline. The video itself shows Hannity with his usual garbage that we heard a thousand times. "This bombshell should result in this and that". Roll Eyes

Then, clicking on a couple of links there shows you more garbage.

"BOMBSHELL: HILLARY CLINTON TO BE DEPOSED BY FEDERAL JUDGE IN CONNECTION WITH FRESH EMAIL LEAKS..." - The fucking article is from March. Roll Eyes

"FINALLY: Brave House Republican files petition to indict and remove Nancy Pelosi" - Yeah, like that is going to go anywhere. Roll Eyes

Deleted for not being thoroughly researched...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post