SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Every now and then someone casts doubt on me about this election. I get concerned. But over the last week my confidence has returned bigly.

I had a get together with a bunch of folks at my house. Two very liberal and 2 independents all talked about how they are voting for Trump. They basically said Biden is just not someone they can vote for.

My fiancé's daughter told me today that Trump will be re-elected because no one likes Biden. She is very liberal, member of the LGBTQMNOP group of people. She isn't overly political and doesn't really know much on the subject. But she certainly gets her "vibe" about politics from the people she associates with. Young people just aren't going to vote. Moderates are all going Trump. The landslide is coming and I can't wait. I truly hope it carries over to the house and senate.

Fun zayn moyl, in Gots oyer.

From your Mouth to Gods Ears.....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The live vote may be close, but the dead vote is solidly Democrat.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Brian Stelter (CNN) providing comedy for everyone

Stelter:

"When you see entire media companies essentially exist to tear down Joe Biden, is there an equivalent of that on the left, tearing down Trump?”

Panelist Errin Haines responded, “There really isn’t. "

xxxxxxxxx

that's a real stumper Brian

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...-trump-news-outlets/

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
He just called Bolton the dumbest guy he’s ever met

Big Grin

Priceless.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden taps Kamala Harris as running mate, setting aside tensions from primary

Kamala Harris, the politically shrewd California senator with a law enforcement background that has caused some tensions with the progressive left, was announced Tuesday as Joe Biden’s running mate.

"I’ve decided that Kamala Harris is the best person to help me take this fight to Donald Trump and Mike Pence and then to lead this nation starting in January 2021," Biden said in an email to supporters.

She makes history as the first Black woman to serve as a major political party’s VP pick.

"I'm honored to join him as our party's nominee for Vice President, and do what it takes to make him our Commander-in-Chief," Harris tweeted.

The Biden campaign said Biden and Harris will deliver remarks together on Wednesday in Wilmington, Delaware.

Biden tweeted on Tuesday, "Back when Kamala was Attorney General, she worked closely with Beau. I watched as they took on the big banks, lifted up working people, and protected women and kids from abuse. I was proud then, and I'm proud now to have her as my partner in this campaign."

The decision, following months of secret meetings and closely held deliberations, would indicate the former vice president is setting aside their friction from the primary campaign. Harris memorably drew sharp contrasts with Biden when she challenged him on the debate stage over his past resistance to federally mandated desegregation busing.

Signaling the campaign's line of attack against Harris, President Trump responded by tweeting out an attack ad soon after the announcement that called her “phony Kamala Harris.”

The Trump campaign also released a statement from Katrina Pierson, a Trump 2020 senior adviser, that said: "In her failed attempt at running for president, Kamala Harris gleefully embraced the left’s radical manifesto, calling for trillions of dollars in new taxes and backing Bernie Sanders’ government takeover of health care. She is proof that Joe Biden is an empty shell being filled with the extreme agenda of the radicals on the left.”

The now-presumptive Democratic presidential nominee’s selection amounts to a vote of confidence in the senator’s political ability and her background, and a willingness to move past the bad blood. The decision may have been tipped days earlier, when he was photographed with talking points saying of Harris that he does “not hold grudges” and has “great respect for her.”

The choice also fulfills a commitment the former vice president made in March to name a woman as running mate. Naming a Black woman at a time when issues of racial inequality are front-and-center also responds to signals from some circles in the party that such a choice could help build bridges with the Black community.

The timing gives Biden space to re-introduce her to voters ahead of this month’s scaled-back Democratic National Convention.

Former President Obama praised the pick.

"Joe Biden nailed this decision," Obama said in a statement. "By choosing Senator Kamala Harris as America’s next vice president, he’s underscored his own judgment and character."

Biden’s naming of 55-year-old Harris as his running mate comes 13 months after she flattened him on the debate stage in Miami at the first Democratic presidential primary showdown.

During the debate, Harris criticized comments by the former vice president spotlighting his ability to find common ground during the 1970s with segregationist senators with whom he disagreed, and his opposition decades ago to federally mandated school busing.

“Do you agree today that you were wrong to oppose busing in America?” Harris asked Biden during the debate.

And in a line that went viral, she spotlighted that “there was a little girl in California who was a part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me.”

Biden, who served eight years as vice president to Barack Obama, the first Black president in U.S. history, and who’s enjoyed strong support from African-American voters as he makes his third bid for president, angrily said the senator’s comments were “a mischaracterization” of his position.

Biden’s poll numbers briefly edged down after the debate – and Harris enjoyed a short-lived surge in the polls. But her campaign faltered later in the year, and Harris ended her White House bid last December.

By the time she suspended her campaign, the relationship between Harris and Biden had improved. Biden has publicly praised Harris numerous times – and has repeatedly pointed out that he’s thought highly of her since she became close to his late son, Beau Biden, when they both served as attorney general of their respective states.

Harris ended up endorsing Biden and appeared on stage with him – along with another former rival, Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey – at a rally in Michigan on the eve of that state’s March 10 primary, which the former vice president ended up winning decisively as he moved closer to locking up the Democratic nomination.

“I believe in Joe. I believe in Joe,” Harris said at the rally. “I know Joe. And that’s why I’m supporting him.”

The rally was Biden’s last before the coronavirus pandemic swept across the country, shutting down in-person campaigning. Since then, Harris has campaigned virtually for Biden, headlining online events and fundraisers.

While the Harris-Biden feud now seems like ancient history, what may still be relevant is her prosecutorial record as San Francisco district attorney and later as California attorney general.

Even before she announced her White House bid in January of last year, Harris’ record as a “progressive prosecutor” was being scrutinized and criticized by some on the left.

And that record was in the spotlight at last summer’s second Democratic primary debate in Detroit, as the senator faced withering attacks from Biden and another rival, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii.

The former vice president accused Harris of keeping nonviolent prisoners behind bars during her tenure as California attorney general because they were a source of cheap labor for the state.

“What happened? Along came a federal judge and said enough is enough and he freed 1,000 of these people,” Biden said as he argued that Harris was forced by a judge to release the prisoners.

Gabbard also jumped in to land heavy blows – accusing Harris of keeping “people in prison beyond their sentences to use them as cheap labor for the state of California.”

While the intra-party rifts from 2019 appear to have healed long ago, the attacks from past primary debates could be used as ammunition by President Trump’s campaign and allied groups to target Biden and Harris. And it remains unclear whether the progressive flank of the party will embrace her.

Harris, who was elected to the Senate in 2016, grabbed plenty of attention two years later for her grilling of Supreme Court justice Brett Kavanaugh during his contentious confirmation hearings.

Harris was a co-sponsor last year of The Green New Deal.

As a presidential candidate, she announced her support for the federal legalization of marijuana. The senator was an original co-sponsor of Sen. Bernie Sanders’ single-payer “Medicare-for-all” bill, which if enacted would essentially eliminate private insurance. But she moderated her stance during her nearly year-long White House bid. Harris took a political hit last summer when she introduced a health care plan that allowed for private insurance to co-exist with a government run system.

The senator’s called for a national moratorium on the death penalty. And on gun violence, Harris has proposed a ban on importing AR-15-style assault weapons and supported a national buyback program for such weapons. She also said on the campaign trail that if elected president, she would sign executive orders requiring enhanced background checks for weapons purchases if Congress failed to act.

Choosing a running mate is arguably the most consequential decision a presidential candidate can make.

Biden announced in March during a one-on-one Democratic primary debate with Sen. Bernie Sanders that if he won the nomination, he’d name a woman as his running mate.

And the former vice president emphasized for months that he needed to choose a running mate who’s “simpatico with where I am,” pointing to his own strong relationship with former President Obama during their eight years together steering the country.

Starting in late May, after the outbreak of protests in cities nationwide over systemic racism sparked by the death of George Floyd, a Black man who died while in police custody, the volume was turned up on calls for Biden to name a Black woman as the Democratic Party’s vice presidential nominee.

Biden told reporters during a rare news conference at the beginning of July that he had prepared a list of “women of color” for consideration – but he wouldn’t announce a decision until August.

Three weeks later he acknowledged that of those he was considering for this running mate, “among them there are four Black women.” The former vice president made his comments during an MSNBC interview.

Among the other Black candidates Biden was thought to be considering were Rep. Val Demings of Florida, who is a former Orlando police chief; Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms; former Georgia House leader and 2018 gubernatorial nominee Stacey Abrams; former U.S. ambassador to the U.N. under President Obama Susan Rice; and Rep. Karen Bass of California.

Biden was also thought to be considering progressive Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, who was a Biden rival during the Democratic nomination race; Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin; and Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, the first Thai-born woman elected to Congress and an Iraq war veteran who lost both of her legs piloting helicopters in combat. Also believed to be on his list were Govs. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan and Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico.

Many of the other contenders congratulated Harris on Twitter after the announcement was made.

Biden’s naming of his running mate came just several days before the Democratic National Convention is scheduled to kick off on Aug. 17.

Then-Sen. Barack Obama named Biden as his running mate just three days before the 2008 Democratic convention. And Donald Trump named then-Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as his running mate three days before the 2016 Republican convention.

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone would post and surprised it took so long. Kamala as a running mate has pretty much secured Trump's victory.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Check the Biden thread.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Check the Biden thread.

Yep, just noticed that.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Gundlach, who called Trump's 2016 election, predicts he'll win again

Billionaire bond investor Jeffrey Gundlach, who accurately predicted Donald Trump's presidency in early 2016 before the Republican primaries concluded, believes the president will win re-election.

"My base case is actually that Donald Trump will win re-election," Gundlach said during a Q&A on a webcast for his firm DoubleLine Capital's closed-end funds on Tuesday afternoon.

The 60-year-old billionaire said he'd "bet against" former Vice President Joe Biden defeating Trump in November.

"I think polls are very, very squishy right now because of the highly toxic political environment in which we live," Gundlach said. Gundlach said he’s come across data suggesting that about "two-thirds of conservatives or moderate conservatives say that they have lied about their support for Donald Trump either directly or by omission."

"I just think there's a lot, a lot of time here. There's going to be twists and turns," Gundlach added.

For markets, he expects "significant" volatility, usually the case close to a presidential election.

"This go-around, I expect much greater volatility around the election as the progressive policies, so-called, of tremendous increased deficit spending for basically wealth manipulation, that could get pretty heated, and we'll see what happens."

On Tuesday, Biden announced Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., as his vice-presidential running mate.

Later on the call, Gundlach said he didn't think Harris was a "good pick," adding that Harris is "maybe a little too charismatic."

"She might be a little bit dominant with her personality, but I don't have any particular thoughts on Kamala Harris. I'm not surprised that she's the pick."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...ction-215711167.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Chanel Rion.

https://www.chanelrion.com

Tony.
After reading her bio and watching a couple of her interviews, she appears to be a smart cookie. However, it was this pic that won me over. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Kamala as a running mate has pretty much secured Trump's victory.

100%. I'm happy she is on the ticket. Nobody embraced her in the primaries, and she has a ton of baggage.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Kamala as a running mate has pretty much secured Trump's victory.

100%. I'm happy she is on the ticket. Nobody embraced her in the primaries, and she has a ton of baggage.

She is a great choice. Polarizing to both sides of the aisle

Joe thinks he's a moderate but, the party he's associated with, has moved to distance him. His running mate, will end-up monopolizing his time and in time, take-over his campaign.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Trump will play hardball with Biden and Harris. He'll beat them like the proverbial rented mule. No John "I'm suspending my campaign during the financial crisis" - while Obama didn't - "and you can't use Obama's middle name" McCain. No Mittens Romney.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
This is going to get real fun when/if the national news picks up and addresses her sexual exploits with Willie Brown as her ladder to the top.

And then there's her record as the CA AG...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Not to mention that calling her "African American" is a stretch of oh, let's say continents. Her parentage is Indian (the country) and Jamaican.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I think Hannity is interviewing Trump right now.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I grew up reading Sigforum
Picture of owenbright
posted Hide Post
Could someone explain what possible strengths they thought this VP pick would bring to the Biden campaign?

Posts: 1884 | Location: on the move | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine with that pick, California conservatives coming out enmass and turning the state red?
Between Newsom's horrible state management and Harris being generally disliked, this could be the perfect storm to unite them. Besides, you know Harris just won't be able to control herself and go full retard.

California has a true silent majority of conservatives and they have been pushing back.

Man, that would be awesome.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
Can you imagine with that pick, California conservatives coming out enmass and turning the state red?
Between Newsom's horrible state management and Harris being generally disliked, this could be the perfect storm to unite them. Besides, you know Harris just won't be able to control herself and go full retard.

California has a true silent majority of conservatives and they have been pushing back.

Man, that would be awesome.

It would be awesome!
But I have to ask, what have they been waiting for?!? Eek

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
This is going to get real fun when/if the national news picks up and addresses her sexual exploits with Willie Brown as her ladder to the top.

And then there's her record as the CA AG...

Besides Willie, there's plenty to pick-apart while she was DA of San Francisco. Besides her aggressive prosecution of marijuana possession (bumped up her office's conviction rate), her refusal to seek the death penalty on known egregious violent crimes to include the killing of SFPD officer Issac Espinoza, which drew the ire of just about every major political figure around the Bay Area to include Feinstein and the murder of a father and his two sons by a MS13 member. Both cases will be spotlighted in the national discussion.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post