SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alcohol Treatment Needed ASAP…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alcohol Treatment Needed ASAP… Login/Join 
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
One thing I will say, this is 100% in my experience: the people who got out of rehab with me and did AA (or NA), stayed sober and our lives keep getting better. The people who did their month and did not do AA who I’ve kept up with all relapsed, every last one. If you look at this as the first step in something you will have to do every day for the rest of your life, then you cannot fail.

I still have a weekly meeting sheet that must be signed. Courtesy of the FAA’s HIMS program.
True story.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duke762:
Sir, I really admire some one that can make the decision seek help. Keep in mind the motivations the brought you to this decision through the bad times. You sound highly motivated to succeed. Keep being motivated to succeed and you will. Knock it out of the park man!

My wife and my daughter are everything to me, and keeping us together as a family is all the motivation I need... so yes, VERY highly motivated!!!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
One thing I will say, this is 100% in my experience: the people who got out of rehab with me and did AA (or NA), stayed sober and our lives keep getting better. The people who did their month and did not do AA who I’ve kept up with all relapsed, every last one. <<snip>>

Please, everyone... understand that I do NOT consider a 30 day course of treatment to be "it"! I will most definitely continue AA meetings and have already arranged for such for when I get out of rehab!

I appreciate all of the suggestions and concern, but some of you don't seem to think I'm taking this seriously, and I assure you that you are wrong! This is life or death for me, and I choose life!

Thanks!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
but some of you don't seem to think I'm taking this seriously, and I assure you that you are wrong! This is life or death for me, and I choose life!

I have lost two friends over the last year to this, guys that I went through the program with. There will be more.

It's serious business, Bill, and demands serious talk.

This is your choice, Bill: Die from it, or die with it. You have to choose this every day. The good news is that you just have to choose for one day, today.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
<<snip>>
<<snip>>

Do you, or anybody else honestly think I'm not taking this serious??? Are the reading comprehension skills causing a disconnect here???

I KNOW it's serious, and I'm taking it seriously!!! Para can give me a time-out or ban me for saying this, but some of you need to back the fuck off!

I'm done with this thread. Do not expect any further replies or updates from me on the subject!

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
<<snip>>
<<snip>>

Do you, or anybody else honestly think I'm not taking this serious??? Are the reading comprehension skills causing a disconnect here???

I KNOW it's serious, and I'm taking it seriously!!! Para can give me a time-out or ban me for saying this, but some of you need to back the fuck off!

I'm done with this thread. Do not expect any further replies or updates from me on the subject!

Well that sure seems alcoholic as fuck.

Best of luck to you brother. Not everybody makes it. Not even most.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I lost my father to alcoholism last year. A few years before that, my best friend’s wife hung herself because she couldn’t quit. I will see others die, and other guys replying here have and will also. We’re not trying to be assholes here, Bill. If I can keep another one from dying by telling the truth, well, if I’ve stepped on your toes, it’s only because I don’t want to have to step over your grave, man.

I’ve seen some things in your replies that I hear from the people who never turned the corner. It scares me a bit.

I’ll go ahead and take a wild guess that I’m the primary offender, here. Very well, I’ll leave you be. I wish you the best and hope to hear good news from you here in a month or so.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Withdrawn.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Bill, I sent you an email. Did you receive it?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you. I've been there and managed to learn some new ways on how to do life. You can do it!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's beautiful. I hadn't intervened in this thread, yet without me saying a single word, I have been invited to ban you.

Tantrums aren't going to help you. You came to us for help, and when people who apparently know a thing or two about addiction speak of the high rate of recidivism, and the subsequent skepticism this creates in these types of situations- all of it the truth- you want to take your football and go home.

If you want to act against your own interest you can go off and pout. What you should do, though, is is try to really understand what people here are trying to do for you, even if you don't like their approach.

While you were busy acting indignant at the remarks of VictimNoMore, you managed to forget his first post in this thread. Go back and read it. You think offers like that grow on trees?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in my mid 70's and have never had a drink of anything alcoholic. I have had a small problem with being a little overweight. I am six feet tall and have gotten as heavy as 212. 180 would be a much better weight for me. Right now I am at about 200. A very wise person once said to me "You only have to resist it once at the store". If I buy Little Debbies and M & M's and ice cream and cake I eat them. If there is none in the house I don't eat them. I don't know if this works for alcohol but I would think it might. Best of luck in whatever you do.

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
If I buy Little Debbies and M & M's and ice cream and cake I eat them. If there is none in the house I don't eat them. I don't know if this works for alcohol but I would think it might. Best of luck in whatever you do.
Well, that's why Budweiser invented the automobile.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know if this works for alcohol but I would think it might.

No. Not at all.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

While you were busy acting indignant at the remarks of VictimNoMore, you managed to forget his first post in this thread. Go back and read it. You think offers like that grow on trees?

Thank you.
[edit] Some people once gave me the same gift.
I only get to keep it by giving it away.

posted Hide Post
Praying for recovery and stability...it's a long road but you can do it. A couple folks in my family have been through rehab so I can appreciate where you may be.

Posts: 584 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I apologize for the outburst. It just seemed to me that some were seriously underestimating my resolve to get this done (and I’m sure not having slept in over 2 days didn’t help)! I did indeed take my football and went home, but “daddy” convinced me to return to the game.

Again, my apologies to all!

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a good outcome and hearing your story as time goes on.
Not much more I can other than good wishes.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
What I can tell you first hand is that many of us fight with alcohol. I've gone years without a drop only to go back. All it takes is that first drink, so focus on today, or the next hour, or even the next minute, and still sometimes fail, but for the next hour, be sober, then the next day, then the next year. And even after years should you fail, you know you beat it before and can do it again.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
<<snip>> If there is none in the house I don't eat them. I don't know if this works for alcohol but I would think it might. Best of luck in whatever you do.

Cannot speak for others, but this is the case for me. If it isn't in the house, I don't drink! Same goes for those darned Little Debbie cakes!!! Big Grin