SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alcohol Treatment Needed ASAP…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alcohol Treatment Needed ASAP… Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I admire your courage in seeking help. Prayers sent that you find a treatment center.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you, Bill.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Once again the SigForum community comes together. Best, Bill

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
In case you need a Plan B, 28 days in Minnesota at Hazelden is highly recommended.

I’ve sent people that I love with all my soul to them.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and yours, Bill!

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are taking that very vital first step.....be strong and you can win.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I applaud your recognition, decision, and now determination to conquer this. Our prayers are with you Bill!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dkjbama:
Bill,

I am just over an hour to your west in Florence. I am a criminal defense attorney here and deal with client's families and rehabs quite often. I also did my own rodeo with the bottle in my teens and 20s.

In Hunstville, I have had good results for clients with Downtown Rescue Mission. https://www.downtownrescuemiss...rg/recovery-programs It is a year long program, but they start from scratch and appear to do it right.

If you want a shorter 28 day program, I can make some recommendations, I just don't quite see the same results out of 28 day program. It takes more than 1 month to unlearn a lifetime of bad coping skills.

If you need to speak privately, you may call my office at our normal area code + sevensixfour - two,two,two,oh. x502. My name is Derek

God Bless

Thank you for your offer to help. Having someone close by certainly is way better than people thousands of miles away.

I would suggest that 28 day programs are just the beginning… And not all are the same.

For example did it take a year for you to get sober? Or your whole life, ODAaT.

YMMV

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you sir

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A 28 day program is enough if someone really wants it and is willing to follow it up with immediate, thorough, and honest work. The 28 days isn’t to fix you, it’s to give you a chance of actually putting down the bottle for any period of time in a supervised atmosphere where you can medically detox and get some education about the problem. I know people who got out of a 28 day and never needed to go back, getting sober and healthy afterwards, and I know people who have been through one up to fourteen times. It all depends on how honest you’re capable of getting with yourself.

If we’re posting bonafides to qualify our input, I help guys get sober as my primary purpose after family obligations after being in that rodeo for 20 years. People who are court-ordered often get sober, but someone who goes of their own accounting often has a better shot at it. Just my observations.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
28 days was the standard because that is what insurance covered. The current standard is 90 days residential. The amount of time is actually rather irrelevant. It is how much the person puts into it.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Best of luck in your journey to sobriety. Nothing worthwhile is easy, it's a lot of work, but the results are well worth the effort.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
28 days was the standard because that is what insurance covered. The current standard is 90 days residential. The amount of time is actually rather irrelevant. It is how much the person puts into it.

When I last checked, insurance wouldn’t cover more than three days. If you hadn’t killed someone or failed a previous rehab, person didn’t qualify for full 28 days.

I won’t go into the details/brain damage of the fight that occurred after that.

Let’s just say that we were self-insured ($2b company) and got an executive decision outside of fucking badbiginsuranceco.

Even though it put the entire contract at risk for 5000 employees. Sometimes you just do the right thing - because it’s the right thing to do.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
Messages deleted. Done here with this thread. Bill can contact me through my email if he so chooses. I remember why my post count is so low. Always somebody thinks they know better, question your knowledge or experience, or would rather argue nitpicks.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Messages deleted. Done here with this thread. Bill can contact me through my email if he so chooses. I remember why my post count is so low. Always somebody thinks they know better or would rather argue nitpicks.

Ha ha ha …

Anyone slightly disagrees with you counselor and you run away. Jebuus!

There’s a lot of freaking sobriety here brother… How are you doing?

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
quote:
When I last checked, insurance wouldn’t cover more than three days.

^^^^^^^^^
That is for detox. The sky is the limit for self insured plans. Ceos get the full 90 days covered.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Messages deleted. Done here with this thread. Bill can contact me through my email if he so chooses. I remember why my post count is so low. Always somebody thinks they know better, question your knowledge or experience, or would rather argue nitpicks.

Good Lord. Look, we’re all trying to help. If you tell a guy who’s about to check himself into a rehab that you don’t see a lot of success with 28 days programs and suggest he does a year, I feel obligated to respond with my own honest experience that suggest he need not be discouraged so.

Being a defense attorney doesn’t mean you don’t have knowledge or experience in the matter, it does, however, mean you have different experiences. I’ve signed a hell of a lot of attendance slips for the courts. About one in twelve showed any attempts to try to do the work or anything but sit there and race out the door at the first opportunity. I’ve seen higher success rates with people doing it of their own volition. You can’t force someone to be ready to quit, and I’m sure if you want to avoid prison time, a year in rehab works a lot better at both getting sober and staying on this side of the bars. Bill finally gave up and announced he needs help to quit. He now has the one thing he needs to have a chance at this: surrender.

It’s a forum. That means we discuss and debate.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
When I last checked, insurance wouldn’t cover more than three days.

^^^^^^^^^
That is for detox. The sky is the limit for self insured plans. Ceos get the full 90 days covered.

No; that was the in-house treatment program. Not just detox.

Here, this will help you… CIGNA … self-funded is a better phrase.

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
If that is the case CIGNA sucks. Do they cover drive through bypass surgeries? They will pay for it in other ways. They will pay for the complications of alcoholism such as liver transplants, pancreatitis etc.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good luck.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post