SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Notable foods from your city
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Notable foods from your city Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Moonshine.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't think the NW Arkansas area really has any notable foods of its own. The metroplex is too young to really have a culinary identity or be known for any culinary specialties like the older, bigger cities.

It just sits at a crossroad of various regional cuisines, and has adopted quite a few of them.

BBQ is a big deal here, with a blend of Texas-style and Memphis-style BBQ, alongside other stuff like traditional Southern food in general, Cajun food that has migrated up from Louisiana, a large authentic Mexican and Tex-Mex influence, etc.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I really love good Mexican food, so of course I live in Wyoming. I did go to college in Tucson, where there’s an embarrassment of great Mexican restaurants.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moon Pies and Little Debbie snack cakes. But I’m not sure they really qualify as “food”!

Posts: 767 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Moon Pies and Little Debbie snack cakes. But I’m not sure they really qualify as “food”!

Every time I'm in Tennessee I've got to have a plate full of country ham with red eye gravy.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Dungeness Crab, the best crab.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post