SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 ... 1207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Good lord I hope that was a deep fake...

Posts: 10824 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Holy Cow! Did he escape from an Assisted Living Facility??

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
We have 2 out, unvaccinated.(both are in the bed sick but not hospital sick)
ALL of my Israeli engineers(6) are sick with covid.
They're ALL triple vaccinated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ScreamingCockatoo,

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39769 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Scott Kirby wants to brag and brag how United is a FULLY vaccinated airline. Really?!? Then why in the name of Zeus' BUTTHOLE did hundreds and hundreds of flights get cancelled, and are STILL being cancelled, for flight crews being out sick with COVID??? Yeah...that "It's all for SAFETY" narrative is getting more holes than a deli order of Swiss cheese.

One thing is for CERTAIN...Kirby can't blame the outbreak of COVID in the pilot ranks on the 350-ish pilots that were kicked to the street on indefinite unpaid leave!!!

Happy New Year...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I hallucinating, or are those inlays in Dr. Collins' guitar eerily similar to the DNA double helix form?

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Vaccinate Our World" float in the Rose Parade.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Gotta love these perfectly dystopian phrases.

Do these people ever even look at themselves?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30424 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Francis? May the ghost of Judy Garland haunt you eternally. Most poor musical performances are met with "dont quit your day job".
In this case, please quit your day job! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Not at all. Hes a total DNA nerd.

Collins used to be head of the NHGRI...National Human Genome Research Institute. During his tenure the human genomes was Mapped and sequenced, taking over lead on the Human Genome Project from James Watson. I think NHGRI came to be an official NIH institute under Collins.

When he ran a research lab the goal was to map and identify genes mutated in specific human diseases and his team ID's three major ones: Huntington's, Duchenne Muscular dystrophy and cystic fibrosis.

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Am I hallucinating, or are those inlays in Dr. Collins' guitar eerily similar to the DNA double helix form?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Not at all. Hes a total DNA nerd.

Collins used to be head of the NHGRI...National Human Genome Research Institute. During his tenure the human genomes was Mapped and sequenced, taking over lead on the Human Genome Project from James Watson. I think NHGRI came to be an official NIH institute under Collins.

When he ran a research lab the goal was to map and identify genes mutated in specific human diseases and his team ID's three major ones: Huntington's, Duchenne Muscular dystrophy and cystic fibrosis.

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

In that case, having had known folks who died from CF, and Huntington's, the good doctor can put whatever he wants on his guitar.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The lady I've seen seeing got sick on Wednesday with a cough and headache, and tested positive on Thursday. I took a test on Friday out of an abundance of caution and was positive, but asymptomatic.

So now I'm on Day 2 of a 5 day quarantine. Still no symptoms so far.

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
16 of 25 Belgian Antarctica base hit with COVID. All crew were vaccinated and tested before arrival.

When 2/3s of your crew in the most remote place on the planet come down with COVID, maybe it's time to reevaluate if the vaccines are doing their job.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Three more COVID cases at work. There were four a day or two ago. Just got the email, we are back to mask mandates. God damnit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Could you imagine the polio vaccine with the high possibility of getting a "mild" case of polio?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34133 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Just got the email, we are back to mask mandates. God damnit.
Yep, didn't work the first ten times they required it, sooooooooooooo, let's do it again. These people have moved well beyond absurd at this point.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think I’ve got the Wu Flu now, started to feel a little “off” last night and woke up this morning feeling like dog shit. Got a 100 temp, congested, sore throat, chills and just feel like I’ve got the flu. Spent the day in bed because I just feel wiped out.

Or it’s just a plain old cold or flu Roll Eyes

What a hell of a way to start the new year! Confused

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Could you imagine the polio vaccine with the high possibility of getting a "mild" case of polio?
How about smallpox? Hell, why focus on any particular virus. When have we even as a country approved and taken a vaccine without 'some' assurance of acquired immunity as a result? I can't remember a single example.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Friend is a Delta overseas pilot, fully vaxxed, just got back from Spain, now at home with the Rona.

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I don't want to be the tin foil hat wearer but I really think this was a bioweapon that got loose.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39769 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post