SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Humans are truly being used as guinea pigs.

First person in Israel jabbed with 4th vaccine dose

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news...ith-4th-vaccine-dose

Lead researcher of clinical trial on second booster shot calls it 'an exciting moment'

The first participant of an Israeli study on the effectiveness of a fourth vaccine dose against Covid-19 was jabbed on Monday morning at Sheba Medical Center at Tel Hashomer near Tel Aviv.

The trial is meant to shed light on the efficacy of a second booster shot and help lawmakers set policy in Israel and globally.

Dr. Gili Regev-Yochay, director of the Infection Prevention and Control Unit at Sheba and the lead researcher of the trial, called it "an exciting moment," adding that "we may have reached a maximum of antibodies and a fourth vaccine will not give much." Eek

The study will have 6,000 individuals, including 150 medical staff, receive a fourth shot.

To be included in the study, participants must have received their third shot no later than August 20, 2021, and they must have a serological result below 700.

The study is being carried out in conjunction with the Health Ministry and was approved by the government's senior panel on human medical trials.

Over 4.2 million people in Israel have received all three available vaccine doses against the virus.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is a reminder guys: Around here, we do not use the terms "vaxxed" or "unvaxxed".

Vaccinated

Unvaccinated

These are the terms I wish for you to use.

I can make this 'vaxxed' stuff a trigger word but it gets in the way of the posting of some news articles. If necessary, I'll do this, but one way or another, the members of this forum are going to refrain from using this annoying shorthand.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is a reminder guys: Around here, we do not use the terms "vaxxed" or "unvaxxed".

It's surprising, to me, how you are obliged to repeat the same, simple guidelines, over and over again

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So now the most common variant is about equivalent to a bad cold and it has mutated enough from the original strain to make the mRNA vaccines ineffective.

Yet we are still requiring people who test positive to leave work or school and quarantine because they might infect someone else at work or school with the equivalent of a bad cold.

At what point do we stop testing people who are not sick to see if they are infected with a virus that might or might not make them sick, and might or might not make someone else sick?

The exceptions being the elderly and people with confounding health factors who should take extra precautions. But then elderly sometimes die of the common flu as well, so they are almost always at higher risk.

Posts: 4722 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
At what point do we stop testing people who are not sick to see if they are infected with a virus that might or might not make them sick, and might or might not make someone else sick?

When there’s no more money to be made.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's surprising, to me, how you are obliged to repeat the same, simple guidelines, over and over again
It would be the height of conceit for me to think that every active member reads every word I post and commits them to memory.

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
At a friends restaurant he and his family has owned for fifty plus years, guy walked in double masked and gloved, for dinner, got angry that there were no qr menus, my buddy said if you’re going to eat the food you can touch the menu, if not leave.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If I'm going to eat in a restaurant, I want a physical menu and nothing else, and waitstaff must be unmasked. This is not negotiable.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
In March I had Covid really bad, ended up spending 11 days in the hospital, was sent home doing well. 8 days later I developed AFIB and spent 3 more days in the hospital to get the AFIB under control. Multiple Doctors and Nurses told me it was a side effect from Covid, they were seeing a lot of it. I don't know, but I tend to believe it.

IMO the paper and cloth masks we see everyday are absolutely worthless.

In the meantime I got the 1st and 2nd Moderna shots. I did not have any ill effects from either. I got the booster a few months ago, per my Doctors insistence, my age and whatever else he considered.

I had to go to a family Christmas gathering 11 days ago in the DFW TX area. One person was coughing and hacking like crazy, and claimed it was allergies.

I spent 2 days there, was supposed to spend 2 more days when I found out the one person had Covid. A quick phone call to that person to confirm and left my hotel and I came back home at a high rate of fuel consumption.

At least one other person contracted Covid there. The original person with Covid had a relatively mild case and got better in a few days and now is probably 99% back. The other person, and possibly another, have it a bit rougher but are doing well at home.

I think the Covid at the family Christmas gathering was the milder Omicron version.

Having said all that, I fortunately did not contact it. I have stayed healthy.

For whatever reason, I do not know why, maybe I still had good enough antibodies from my original experience with Covid, or perhaps the Booster shot worked. Or maybe I was just naturally resistant to it. I don't know, but I'm thankful. I don't want any more of that shit.

Covid is a real bitch of a disease and it's weird how it does, or does not, affect people. You can't predict it.

Having gone through hell with this back in March and April, and having some longer term effects from it, but not too bad, I don't want any more of this shit.

I'm sick of the politics and the bullshit from this. Screw the politicans and the others, and screw Fauci.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I think I’ve got the Wu Flu now, started to feel a little “off” last night and woke up this morning feeling like dog shit. Got a 100 temp, congested, sore throat, chills and just feel like I’ve got the flu. Spent the day in bed because I just feel wiped out.

Or it’s just a plain old cold or flu Roll Eyes

What a hell of a way to start the new year! Confused

Wouldn’t be surprised if I was right there with you. All three kiddos had a fever for about 12-18 hours at some point this last week, everyone was just really tired. I woke up this morning with a sore throat, congestion, the occasional cough and feeling tired. Gonna see how tomorrow goes.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This week my wife and I came down with what might be omicron.
We developed a slight cough, some sniffles, fatigue and a fairly consistent temperature of 99.5. The first night we had chills and they went away after several hours.
I'm normally pretty active but I would try to do some things around the house and I'd get worn out and need to sit down and take a nap.
Every morning I felt like I had a hangover.
We didn't get tested, so I can't be sure it was omicron but we seemed to have the typical symptoms.
I would be tempted to say it was a cold but I've never experienced one that made me so fatigued.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3536 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, if it turns out to be what it looks like, COVID is turning into what amounts to a cold. The fraudsters will, of course, try to keep the fear alive but they're going to have ever greater difficulty in selling the Brooklyn Bridge.

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
My wife and I probably have Omicron, too. Both daughters and one son-in-law tested positive 12/27.
Three days of 101 degree fever, pretty bad body aches and fatigue, sore throat but minor congestion and cough.
We started feeling better today.
A little worse than a bad cold but not as bad as the flu.

We didn't get tested because it's difficult to do here right now.
Wait in line in your car for 4-6 hours and still might not get tested.
That happened to my wife's sister; she was in line for over 4 hours and they stopped with the car ahead of her because they ran out of tests.

One daughter is a PA, so she was able to get tested quickly.
Other daughter had to drive to Bridgeport (40 minutes) and wait in line there.
Both tested positive. One says she has lost her sense of smell and taste; we have not experienced that.

We figured we wouldn't go through that bullshit to get tested.
If we were sick enough to have to go to the hospital (which doesn't seem likely at this point), we figured they would test us there.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
The below link is from an article recently posted in Brit newspaper “Daily Mail”.

There is a possibility that this is actual. Knock-on-wood(en head), I’ve always gotten the flu shot annually in the military (20+ years). The flu is a coronavirus variant. While I may have the sniffles for a couple of days, nothing has ever knock me out except for atopic/walking pneumonia (a bacterial infection).

I may or may not have already been exposed to the CoVid, but if I have been, I didn’t feel different or badly (asymptomatic). And I won’t get tested just to see if I have been unless I actually experience symptoms. So maybe, just maybe, I fall into this category.

Now watch me come down with the CoVid Plague now that I’ve gone and expressed this thought.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/he...t-virus-mutates.html

Are some people naturally Covid-proof? Scientists around the world are studying the phenomenon of health workers and others who are regularly exposed to the disease but have yet to become infected

Mounting evidence that people are naturally resistant to Covid and its mutations

One theory is that they have previously recovered from different coronaviruses

Experts hope they can help create variant-proof vaccine to keep Covid at bay

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Waterbury, take a bunch of vitamin D and C. And good luck.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Waterbury, take a bunch of vitamin D and C. And good luck.

Thanks. Yup, been taking vitamins for years.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
In March I had Covid really bad, ended up spending 11 days in the hospital, was sent home doing well. 8 days later I developed AFIB and spent 3 more days in the hospital to get the AFIB under control. Multiple Doctors and Nurses told me it was a side effect from Covid, they were seeing a lot of it. I don't know, but I tend to believe it.

In the meantime I got the 1st and 2nd Moderna shots. I did not have any ill effects from either. I got the booster a few months ago, per my Doctors insistence, my age and whatever else he considered.

So you got covid then later got your shots?
I want to verify the afib happened before the shots.

How did they treat your afib?

quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
IMO the paper and cloth masks we see everyday are absolutely worthless.

I'm sick of the politics and the bullshit from this. Screw the politicans and the others, and screw Fauci.

Amen to both statements. Especially the last two words.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
The below link is from an article recently posted in Brit newspaper “Daily Mail”.

Are some people naturally Covid-proof? Scientists around the world are studying the phenomenon of health workers and others who are regularly exposed to the disease but have yet to become infected

I wouldn’t be surprised at all. I thought I read early on in the pandemic that scientists predicted that a certain percentage of the population would be naturally immune just based on previous pandemics and outbreaks in human history.

If you think about it, if there were no naturally immune people when the Black Death swept through Europe, none of us would even be here today. I recall reading about people during the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic that were regularly exposed to infected people and they never caught it themselves.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
quote:

I don't want to be the tin foil hat wearer but I really think this was a bioweapon that got loose.

Yeah, it kind of makes one look like a conspiracy theorist but this has been my opinion from the very beginning.

The reaction from nearly every government on this planet does not help the case of this being naturally occurring. Why go so hard?

Consider this: if this shit sprung up naturally WHY is there such a relentless and fanatical push to solve this in an unnatural way? If nature truly created it then why not let nature find the solution to its own problem? Why inject (pardon the word) unproven substances into our bodies at such a fever pitch if this didn’t leak out of a Chinese biological weapons lab?

The BIG question to me is not whether this was a weapon (that much is obvious to me) but whether it was the result of negligence resulting in a accidental leak or whether it was an intentional act. I would wager it was an accidental leak but unless the CCP collapses we won’t know the truth. The Soviets successfully covered up an Anthrax leak for decades.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The WHO pandemic exercise in Oct 2019 in NYC (sponsored by guess who - Creepy Bill) involved the release of a deadly Coronavirus from a bio-lab in Wuhan China. Who would have guessed? Roll Eyes

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post