SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer1967:
Two mask that are PROPERLY fitted, is what they are reporting in my area.

The CDC report also said that the effectiveness of two masks is not applicable to real world situations.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
And now the DFIC (Dumb Fuck In Charge) is saying that we'll likely be wearing masks for the next year.
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...orn-though-next-year

President Biden visited the National Institutes of Health complex on Thursday and he spoke about the U.S. vaccine supply and his goals for the rollout, but he also indicated that mask-wearing will likely be a reality for the next year.

He told reporters that even though he was standing on stage about 10 feet from Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Francis Collins, he would continue to wear his mask. He said that wearing the mask "though the next year" can save a significant number of lives.

Fuck him & fuck Fauci!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The throttles are being pushed forward to accelerate to “Ludicrous Speed”.

As reported by National Review yesterday -

CDC Recommends Putting Hosiery over Your Face along with a Mask

Posts: 3479 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I saw some dumbass driving with two masks on but had his nose sticking out. SMH...

To my knowledge there is no data showing that cloth (non-N95) masks have any efficacy in preventing spread of COVID.

If anyone has actual scientific data (not the nebulous BS spouted by CDC on masks "Wearing a face mask may limit exposure to respiratory droplets and large particles and may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus") please post.

quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
And now the DFIC (Dumb Fuck In Charge) is saying that we'll likely be wearing masks for the next year.
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...orn-though-next-year

President Biden visited the National Institutes of Health complex on Thursday and he spoke about the U.S. vaccine supply and his goals for the rollout, but he also indicated that mask-wearing will likely be a reality for the next year.

He told reporters that even though he was standing on stage about 10 feet from Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Francis Collins, he would continue to wear his mask. He said that wearing the mask "though the next year" can save a significant number of lives.

Fuck him & fuck Fauci!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
The throttles are being pushed forward to accelerate to “Ludicrous Speed”.

As reported by National Review yesterday -

CDC Recommends Putting Hosiery over Your Face along with a Mask

Well, they're not actually recommending that in real life. They were simply reporting about how they had to perform their tests to make the masks effective. The only way the CDC could get an effective result was by putting hosiery over the mannequin's head to hold the mask tightly to its face. The key paragraph from the report that the media is ignoring when they say the CDC endorses double masking is this:

"The findings of these simulations should neither be generalized to the effectiveness of all medical procedure masks or cloths masks nor interpreted as being representative of the effectiveness of these masks when worn in real-world settings."

The CDC is not actually recommending people wear two masks as has been insinuated by the god awful media.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here ya go JJ.

I just started reading this and as there quite a few links to other studies and articles pertaining to the effectiveness or NOT of masking, it may take a little while to get through it and fully comprehend it.

From the American Institute for Economic Research -

Masking: A Careful Review of the Evidence

Posts: 3479 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I’ve got an idea; let’s all start telling these morons what they’ve been touting for years- MY BODY, MY CHOICE. Watch their heads explode.
I've been saying that since the mere whispers of MANDATORY vaccination started circulating through the halls...
quote:
Fuck him & fuck Fauci!
Yup. Right up the ass. If he (Mr. Biden...I don't call him 'President' for a reason) gets "his" way (we ALL know he is told what to say and think), he will be solely responsible for tanking my airline career.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the clarification BH, and the actual CDC study details their masking and testing techniques.

Yes, the CDC may not actually be just this masking practice, but I am fairly confident that the feckless obiden administration will be (or some variation of it). If it saves just one life, and all that.

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That looks like a great article...will plow through it later today when not at work...

quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Here ya go JJ.

I just started reading this and as there quite a few links to other studies and articles pertaining to the effectiveness or NOT of masking, it may take a little while to get through it and fully comprehend it.

From the American Institute for Economic Research -

Masking: A Careful Review of the Evidence

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

It might be longer. We won't be "permitted" to go mask free until we remove their boots from the back of our necks. The question is, how long are we going to take this lying down?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer1967:
Two mask that are PROPERLY fitted, is what they are reporting in my area.

The CDC report also said that the effectiveness of two masks is not applicable to real world situations.
And not be a broken record, but the CDC still has no definitive, peer reviewed, study proving masks accomplish anything of value in preventing the spread of Covid. We're still running purely off conjecture by the people who have been wrong about 90% of the time on this virus.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
He told reporters that even though he was standing on stage about 10 feet from Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Francis Collins, he would continue to wear his mask...
...and his Depends. Can't be too careful when protecting yourself from Corn Pop, uhhh uhhh da virus. Then Biden inquired as to where he was again, and inquired about getting ice cream. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Listen to nothing falling out of the mouth of this urine soaked relic.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just like these assholes turned “15 Days To Bend The Curve” into 11+ months now, China Joe’s “100 Days Of Masking” has ALREADY turned into “Well we are masking until at least the end of 2022 or maybe later”.

Jesus H Christmas Roll Eyes

Anyone who hasn’t figured out yet they are trying to make it that wearing masks WILL NEVER GO AWAY, you’re either blind, dumb or don’t care.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
As similarly pointed out by others earlier in this thread, the only people I personally know that have gotten the bug (very few actually) have been obsessive mask wearers and sanitizers. I'm not suggesting that masking up will get you the covids, but I'm convinced that if you're not wearing a tyvek suit with an honest to golly respirator, you stand as much chance of getting it as anyone else.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry if this has been presented already. If not please note I am not trying to scare anyone just presenting information and you decide what to do with this information. Here is a website listing the deaths from the COVID19 vaccine reported by people. How accurate it is I do not know. God Bless !!! Smile

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/datasets.html

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="500" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jrwjiO1MCVs" width="750"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Pretty sure Betty White was used as a stand-in for a few of those dance scenes. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
Here is a website listing the deaths from the COVID19 vaccine reported by people. How accurate it is I do not know. God Bless !!! Smile

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/datasets.html
Panicky cattle: "We need a vaccine and we need it NOW!!!!"

Inept government: "Here's your vaccine."

Panicky cattle: "I'M NOT TAKING THAT! IS THAT SAFE? HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S SAFE?? IT MIGHT KILL US!! IT'S KILLED OTHER PEOPLE! THERE'S A WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN GO TO FIND THE DEAD VACCINATED PEOPLE!! THE INTERNET SAYS SO! IT MUST BE TRUE! WE NEED A VACCINE VACCINE BEFORE WE TAKE THE VACCINE! EVERYONE SHOULD PUT ON 16 MASKS, THEN PUT A MASK ON OVER THAT AND WRAP YOUR HEAD IN A PLASTIC BAG AND IT BETTER BE A RECYCLABLE BAG SO THE GLOBAL WARMING ERR CLIMATE CHANGE DOESN'T KILL US ALL!! WE NEED A CLIMATE CHANGE VACCINE AND A CLIMATE CHANGE VACCINE VACCINE!!

Inept government: "Anyhoo, tax filing time is approaching."

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
As similarly pointed out by others earlier in this thread, the only people I personally know that have gotten the bug (very few actually) have been obsessive mask wearers and sanitizers. I'm not suggesting that masking up will get you the covids, but I'm convinced that if you're not wearing a tyvek suit with an honest to golly respirator, you stand as much chance of getting it as anyone else.

Anecdotal, I know, but I was diagnosed with COVID on Monday. I went to bed last Saturday with a mild scratchy throat. Got up Sunday, got ready for church and headed out. When I got there, I just wasn't feeling right, so I went home. I had a fever and was coughing a bit more, so I got tested Monday and was positive.

If anything, I was (and still am) "militant" ant-mask. So as you can see, my carelessness cost me. (That is sarcasm by the way - yes, I caught it, but it took a year of "carelessness". My worst symptoms were a 101° fever, acheyness during peak fever times, and mild coughing.

I have NO IDEA where I may have caught it from. I was exposed to two people that were positive over the holidays, but that was over a month ago. Best guess is in normal day to day live - grocery store, Walmart, gas, who knows?

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Or perhaps you just happen to catch a regular old cold or some other virus. Those other things still exist I'm assuming?

Point being, I don't trust these tests any more than I trust the covid death count.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)