SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just realized how easy voter fraud is
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just realized how easy voter fraud is Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
Yesterday I picked up a new gun. This morning I voted.

When I got to the table to check in, I realized I didn't have my driver's license nor my CCW permit. Obviously I left them at the gun store.

I ask the lady, "am I out of luck or is there some other way I can verify who I am?" She says, can you pull up a bank statement on your phone?

I say sure! I log into my banking app and pull up a pdf of my latest checking account statement. She looks at it and says I'm good to go.

I ask, don't you need to see a credit card or something else with my name on it? She say's nope.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So let me get this straight, all a voter fraud person would have to do is edit a pdf of their bank statement to put anyone's name and address on it and then they can go vote?

As I'm walking out, I see a young man with an unopened electric bill as evidence of his address.

I know voter fraud is a thing and that we need to make new laws to protect against it, but what I didn't realize is that anyone with a computer made post 2000 and printer can make some BS bank statement and vote wherever they want.

This is worse than I realized. I thought they at least had to try hard to cheat.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
With early voting, you have multiple days to do it.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6495 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
You can vote with a utility bill. No need to prove who you are.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming they cross-referenced your provided name and address with the voter roles and crossed you off that list, marking you as "voted?".

At least that way, someone can't come later and claim your identity.

The real problem would be showing up with your name already crossed off. Or showing a doctored PDF with a local address and not comparing it to the voter roles and letting that person vote.

Heck, IDs can be faked and I'm pretty certain the good volunteers at the polling stations would not be able to catch many of the fakes.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It is a shame how easy it would be to commit voter fraud in NC. This retarded state doesn’t verify ANYTHING.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21134 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It is a shame how easy it would be to commit voter fraud in NC. This retarded state doesn’t verify ANYTHING.

Yep. I walked in, stated a name and address and got a ballot.

I don't even remember the name used. Big Grin

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stories are that in some precincts all you need is a headstone! Razz

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I saw it a lot in NC....

I once went to vote while in uniform, the lady walks up and tells me to go away I'm scaring the "voters" (ooohhh big scary cop in line)

I told her I was in line to vote.

when she started talking about me changing my clothes and what not, I told her to go away in a not so nice tone...80 ish guy behind me starts laughing and wanted to shake my hand....

but, yes, voter fraud is exceptionally easy in NC (and probably a lot of other places) with two weeks of "early voting", mail in ballots, provisional ballots..and no ID requirement

When I was in the service I had to get a ballot ahead of time mailed to my command, have an officer verify my ID, and witness the ballot prior to returning it..

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11311 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
my phone opens when it sees my face. My computer unlocks when I put my finger print on it.

It's time, we really need to clean this crap up. the technology is out there.

I was just blown away that all I need to know is someones name and address and I can doctor a pdf to vote. That's a real shame.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
When I voted this morning all of the ladies checking IDs were at least 90 years old. I could have showed her a CVS receipt and she would have thought it was an ID card.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, only thing I can say to that is at our precinct here in FL, the first thing they ask is for a photo ID, they always prefer a driver's license.
I'm not aware of any other way to prove your ID while voting here, but I wouldn't be totally surprised I guess.

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I didn't have to show anyone anything. I stated my name, they ASKED me if xxxxxx was my address, and had me sign. Supposedly, tbey compared the signature to the one they had on file.
That's it.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to show a picture ID at the polling place. If I did not have that my ballot would have been set aside and counted after verification (whatever that entailed). I like it this way.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2898 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
One year my buddy used the name John Doe, they let him vote. He fessed up before he voted just to see if he could do it, they got pissed off at him.

Posts: 5315 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I voted last Friday and they weren't at all interested in seeing my voter registration card or any other piece of positive ID

this country is screwed until we have a real voter ID card - if India can do it with a billion people, why can't we do it?

oh, right...the democrats...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53247 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Obviously you guys know that this shit happens in CA a lot. Back in the 2012 election cycle, a guy in my neighborhood ahead of me in line tried to vote at our precinct, but was turned away because someone else already voted in his name. He was so angry, yet the first vote stood.

Texas election will be the first time that I will show ID at the polls. Never done that before.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16731 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Had to show voter registration card at the first table, photo ID at the second table.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
That is why I always vote early here in Texas, same as game day but I have additional opportunities if the line is too long, or I forgot something or I have a flat on the way to the location.

Thanks for voting!!

HK Ag

Posts: 3509 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
My little polling station takes my ID and scans it in the computer. I'm assuming it's taking an image of it.

I'm all for computerized voting, but that comes with it's own risk of fraud. Perhaps if each voter had a unique voter ID number, the machine issued you a receipt, and you could go online and look at the voter numbers and how they voted to verify across the board that your selection is what was counted.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15737 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Voting is single the most important right we have, and yet it is the least protected. If even one person votes fraudulently, it disenfranchises all legitimate voters. But that's the goal of liberals everywhere, isn't it.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post