SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just realized how easy voter fraud is
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just realized how easy voter fraud is Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It is a shame how easy it would be to commit voter fraud in NC. This retarded state doesn’t verify ANYTHING.
I registered 3 years ago using my DL number. To vote they asked name and address (no ID), checked the registration rolls, gave me a ballot, and I assume checked me off so I can't vote again. You need to show ID or bank statement, etc., only if you did not register with your DL number and it's your first time.

As I see it, the opportunity for fraud is someone going to the poll with my name and address, or someone registering with a phony name and address and then making a fake ID or bank statement to preset at the poll.

What am I missing?

Posts: 4018 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted early last week here in Stickville, WV.
Wasn't asked for ID or my voter registration card. The lady just asked for my name.

I would like to see strict rules in order to vote. I don't know why I tote my voter ID, colossal waste of money. Also, mail in votes seem rife with fraud. Wouldnt it would take weeks to fully verify?

Posts: 5770 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where I live nothing is required. Walk in tell them your name they find it by your street and then you sign next to your printed name. I know for a fact my neighbor is a GDC I could easily give his name and vote in his place. Then come back a few hours later and give my true name and vote for myself as well. Not sure what they would do for my neighbor when he come son later and sombody has signed his name. Maybe he would become pro voter ID.

it Does bring up an interesting constitutional discussion. if I don’t have to show my ID to vote because it’s you know, a right, why do I have to ID myself 7 ways from Sunday to buy a gun. Some rights are different than other I guess.

Posts: 4787 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
NH has found examples and charges were filed. Yet in cases where the same day registration turned up over a thousand instances of questionable registrations, they ignored it.

http://www.nhpr.org/post/nh-ch...states-2016#stream/0

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to show a picture ID (driver's license). They asked my name and address while looking at the ID.

We are back to using paper ballots, which are scanned into another machine by me, and retained. I like this better than touch screen ballots like we used to have.

There was one other voter in the polling place at 6:45AM.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
When I voted this morning all of the ladies checking IDs were at least 90 years old. I could have showed her a CVS receipt and she would have thought it was an ID card.

The ID checkers are overwhelmingly democrats here. And dumbasses. But I repeat myself.

Posts: 26966 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be so easy to solve this problem if the voter registration card incorporated some identification, such as photo or thumb print as many other countries require.

No more requirements that 99-year-olds have DL's, no relying on utility bills picked out of somebody else's garbage. Show ID, vote, go home.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9190 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Gustofer's voter reform mandates:

1. Driver's license or other state issued ID will be presented and verified or you don't vote. If you don't have it on you, go home and get it.

2. All votes shall take place on election day and election day only with the only exception being justifiable absentee ballots for military members or those who can verify that they will be unavoidably out of their district on that day.

3. Early voting will be abolished.

4. Mail in ballots will be abolished.

5. All computerized voting will be abolished.

6. All votes will be cast using mark-sense forms and a number 2 pencil.

hmmm...there's probably a couple others, but that'll get us going in the right direction.

One more:

7. Only property owners will be allowed to vote on measures that would increase property taxes.

Posts: 20138 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
This is insane. Next time register all of your children. Send them in with the electric bill and let them vote. If all you need is a bill then they can't force you to prove age?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Shit. I was first in line to vote and had to wait for the poll to open.

I was handed a pre-filled ballot, I shit you not.

I pointed it out to one of the workers who seemed confused. A supervisor took the ballot from me and gave me a blank one. I had a feeling the boxes already had ballots in them also.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19730 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I was just blown away that all I need to know is someones name and address and I can doctor a pdf to vote. That's a real shame.

You don't need a computer to create a PDF, that would work of course but you'd have to create a pdf that has an address an name of someone that isn't voting so you have to know something about the person you are faking being, you'd have to know they were registered, not voting, etc.

An easier way is to just pickup a bill from your roommate and take it into the polling place and say you are him/her if you know they are not voting.

I do agree, photo ID should be required, thumbprint, DNA sample, maybe a stool sample LOL

Posts: 23609 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

1. Driver's license or other state issued ID will be presented and verified or you don't vote. If you don't have it on you, go home and get it.
When you say "state issued ID," are you precluding federal ID? I use a passport for voter ID. How about military ID?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30756 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

When you say "state issued ID," are you precluding federal ID? I use a passport for voter ID. How about military ID?

State/Federal would be good with me. Wink

Posts: 20138 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It is a shame how easy it would be to commit voter fraud in NC. This retarded state doesn’t verify ANYTHING.

Yep. I walked in, stated a name and address and got a ballot.

I don't even remember the name used. Big Grin

When I voted in NC for the first time I pulled out my ID and they scowled at me....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
...I was handed a pre-filled ballot, I shit you not...

It was already marked for the candidate???

Let me guess...Republicans, right? Can I have a second guess?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9190 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Indiana has had voter id for years. You need a drivers license or state id issued by bmv. We also use paper ballots. Cheating is done via absentee ballot fraud.

Posts: 4707 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The nitwits on NPR this morning were yammering on about "widespread voter suppression on a scale like we've never seen before." Roll Eyes

They were wringing their hands particularly hard over North Dakota not accepting tribal ID's because they don't have a street address on them, so "they're printing new tribal ID's so fast that the machines are literally blowing up!" Jesus.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Here, they just ask for your name and to verify your address, you sign on the line and are handed your ballot. It's a total joke.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
They were wringing their hands particularly hard over North Dakota not accepting tribal ID's because they don't have a street address on them,

They've clearly never been on a rez. Big Grin

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just voted. Handed them my DL and registration card, signed the register, and was given a ballot. Marked all the little ovals (Rep) with a Sharpie pen and inserted the ballot into the little machine. Took just a few minutes.

I don't use the "straight ticket" option, so I fill in all the individual ovals on the ballot. There were quite a few positions with only a "Dem" person--I didn't vote for them. (They'll be elected, of course, but not with my approval.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post