SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My youngest son just asked me what SIGforum was about...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My youngest son just asked me what SIGforum was about... Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
After giving him what I thought was an informed answer, he responded with, "So basically it's about politics and nerdy gun stuff." Hmmm, not too far off (except for the I hate cats thread).

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, has he chosen his handle, yet?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Glad you didn't read him the waiver ... Big Grin

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's about community and mutual understanding/interests. A bunch of strangers caring about someone they never met.

See this Link.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I laugh out loud and read something to the wife, or tell something I read in the Lounge, Lair, or Bitch sections to the kids, I refer to it as "The gun forum where we never talk about guns". The firearms sections, like any other special clubs, I never refer to.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
It's about community and mutual understanding/interests. A bunch of strangers caring about someone they never met.

See this Link.

That is a good point about the forum. We actually try to do good things for members whether it is $$$, answering questions or a shoulder to lean on when necessary. I will have a discussion about this part of the forum, which I left out, in the morning.

posted Hide Post
quote:

See this Link.

Skins, you nailed it.
Thanks Para for creating the environment.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:

See this Link.

That is a good point about the forum. We actually try to do good things for members whether it is $$$, answering questions or a shoulder to lean on when necessary. I will have a discussion about this part of the forum, which I left out, in the morning.
Be sure to emphasize one of the mutual interests is bacon. Afterall, Sigforum's protection post inspired the most viral bacon picture of all time.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

See this Link.

This was my first thought as well: More than anything else, we care for each other and our Country.

OK, bacon is a distant third!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
All of the above, plus civility.

This is the only place I've found where members can have serious differences of opinion without it turning into a shouting match.

On those very rare occasions when a member or members forget their manners, it's either self-corrected or moderated post haste.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After giving him what I thought was an informed answer, he responded with, "So basically it's about politics and nerdy gun stuff." Hmmm, not too far off (except for the I hate cats thread).

You forgot to add "and just about everything else under the sun"
Aplliance repair - check
Auto maintenance - check
Cars - check
Motorcycles - check
Jewelery - check
Property maintenace - check

Etc etc etc

Quite a diverse civil crowd. I might say Smile

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The forum is all.... And all is the forum

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I call this place "my imaginary friends".

we share info, help each other out, and generally bullshit about things we like, oh and talk about guns in the other rooms

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"Nerdy gun stuff" is an oxymoron.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Its a collective fusion of minds focused upon world order and an obsession with bacon Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
You can tell him that when you say "I might know a guy that..." you're probably 100% correct!

And bacon. Don't forget about the bacon.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I forgot the bacon. I really failed my son and the forum last night. I left out the most important part which is how we treat and help each other and then the bacon. Para should probably put me on probationary status or at least make me read the waiver again. No excuse after nearly 15 years. Sighhhh.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I forgot the bacon. I really failed my son and the forum last night. I left out the most important part which is how we treat and help each other and then the bacon. Para should probably put me on probationary status or at least make me read the waiver again. No excuse after nearly 15 years. Sighhhh.
Say 15 "hail bacons" and all is forgiven.

Hail Bacon,
Full of grease,
The Lard is with thee.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the term like minded adults comes to mind,
but I do not mean to offend anyone

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of good information here from a very diverse group. Beats Google. People helping people. Easier than going to a library, local tavern, hardware store,dentist, physician. Generally short on gossip, a real plus.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post