SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to do with leftover shrimp?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with leftover shrimp? Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
OK: Now we're bashing grits, of all things!

Here is the best damn grits recipe ever!
3/4 C Palmeto Farms Grits Expensive, but darn well worth it!
1-1/2 C Chicken Broth
1-1/2 C Whole Milk
Whip it! Add some Guyere cheese if you wish. Cooked grits will keep for several days.

Creole Sauce recipe. I sometimes add some sausage or tasso. This sauce will keep for several days and can be used for several Cajun dishes.

Buy your Wild Caught Gulf shrimp from a seafood market. Never buy the tasteless farm raised shrimp at the grocery counter. Some stores carry headless frozen Gulf shrimp that is good if fresh is not available.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Leftover shrimp? Never heard of such a thing. Looks like an awesome breakfast. Kinda puts the pressure on you for lunch though. Big Grin

Exactly what was going say, never happens in my house.

Posts: 3854 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
OK: Now we're bashing grits, of all things!

Here is the best damn grits recipe ever!
3/4 C Palmeto Farms Grits Expensive, but darn well worth it!
1-1/2 C Chicken Broth
1-1/2 C Whole Milk
Whip it! Add some Guyere cheese if you wish. Cooked grits will keep for several days.

Creole Sauce recipe. I sometimes add some sausage or tasso. This sauce will keep for several days and can be used for several Cajun dishes.

Buy your Wild Caught Gulf shrimp from a seafood market. Never buy the tasteless farm raised shrimp at the grocery counter. Some stores carry headless frozen Gulf shrimp that is good if fresh is not available.

Chicken Broth??? Hot Damn, I've got a project for tomorrow!! Wink Thanks, cne!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I'm with Krazee....what is this "leftover shrimp" thing you speak of?

That said, I would have gone with some sort of omelet instead of grits. I was born in GA, but I still don't see the appeal of that mush.

I love shrimp and I love grits but not shrimp & grits. And I'm from Louisiana

You just haven't had the right Shrimp and Grits. There's a restaurant in St. Simons Island, GA (Coastal Kitchen) that has the best Shrimp and Grits I've ever had, and I've had them all over the South, and I hate grits. The grits are big and have Vermont white cheddar in them. The shrimp part has a bacon gravy that's spicy with andouille sausage, onions, green and red peppers, and the best Shrimp ever.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photo...8BYQ7RUMkKvlrm0f0dVA

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
definite maybe
icy hot
leftover shrimp
militant pacifist
original copy
resident alien
unbiased opinion
working vacation

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post