SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to do with leftover shrimp?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with leftover shrimp? Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted

Shrimp & Grits!

I marinated and grilled some Royal Reds last night and had some a few leftover. This morning, I heated leftover cheese grits (Palmetto Farms grits and Tillamook sharp cheddar), leftover Creole Sauce (with thin-sliced Conecuh sausage). Doesn't get any better!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Leftover shrimp? Never heard of such a thing. Looks like an awesome breakfast. Kinda puts the pressure on you for lunch though. Big Grin

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I'm with Krazee....what is this "leftover shrimp" thing you speak of?

That said, I would have gone with some sort of omelet instead of grits. I was born in GA, but I still don't see the appeal of that mush.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16191 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

Add me to the confused as well.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3855 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Me three: "Leftover shrimp?" I didn't even know such a thing was possible!

But what you did with them sounds great.

There's a restaurant on the other side of town that occasionally does a special consisting of cheese grits, seasoned shrimp, and chorizo sausage. Mmmm... Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Leftover shrimp is actually a thing. You just need to cook an 10oz filet mignon at the same time. In the absence of surf and turf, I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

cne32507 I think that's possibly the best use of leftovers I've ever witnessed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
at my house, leftover shrimp tend to disappear on the return trip from platter to fridge. Mysterious. (chomp, snarf, gobble)

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Never had any leftover shrimp so I don't know what to do with it.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
to the cat? karma to the forum? Big Grin

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I agree, feed the cat(s). Or go fishing.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Yeah, "leftover" shrimp is unusual. Just the two of us for dinner and wife has peculiar food afflictions: won't eat shrimp unless it is in a dish, like shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta. I would have eaten all the grilled shrimp (8 skewers of 6 each) but I actually used a modicum of restraint.

Grilled Shrimp Marinade:
1C Olive oil, 1 garlic, 2T fresh parsley, 1t oregano, 1 lemon juice, 2T Tabasco, 1T tomato paste, s&p.
Reserve 1/4C marinade to brush on while grilling, marinade shrimp 2 hours. Don't overcook shrimp.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Before I even opened the thread, the first thought that came to mind was "Shrimp and Grits". Well done, sir!

Well.
Done.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too would fall into the, "What's this leftover shrimp thing." That dish you created for breakfast looks delicious and now I'm hungry. May have to head to the store for some shrimp.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
On the rare occasion we have steamed shrimp left, wife will fix Shrimp Alfredo for dinner.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'll second that shrimp Alfredo!!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5055 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
You ruined the shrimp with that grits stuff. Confused

Posts: 12475 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
That said, I would have gone with some sort of omelet instead of grits. I was born in GA, but I still don't see the appeal of that mush.

SCANDALOUS!!! How could you be born in GA and not appreciate Grits?? Obviously, no one has ever cooked them correctly for you!
Grits are multi-faceted! They are an avenue to Heaven! You can dress them up in a variety of ways! The addition of shrimp is obvious from the original post, but one can add Bacon, sausage, cheese, steak, I can continue if necessary... And never forget that salt, pepper, and, of course, butter increase the experience!!

And, sadly, it appears that BB61 and I may never be close friends (yes, the thing itself speaks...). Smile

Bashing Grits of all things!
There may not be hope for the future!! Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:

I love shrimp and I love grits but not shrimp & grits. And I'm from Louisiana

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
When we have leftover Shrimp cocktail I do this:
brown up some butter a T olive oil add garlic and parsley. Saute for Scampi over Linguini

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8400 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Depending on how the leftover shrimp was seasoned, I'll normally use it in fried rice or jambalaya. Since it's already cooked, I'll just throw the shrimp in at the end and cook for a very short time until it's reheated.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post