SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Road Rage incident caught on tape - What would you have done?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Road Rage incident caught on tape - What would you have done? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Exactly, all the theory that the "following" is some nefarious act on behalf of the motorcycle,
Who knows if in fact they both might have ultimately been going in the same direction.

Hmmm, I thought the NY Post article said followed, but on closer reading it didn’t. I dunno where the following even came from. Regardless, following wouldn’t be nefarious, just stupid.

It is frustrating when someone cuts you off when you’re in a car. I’d imagine it would be frustrating and, depending on how close it is, maybe even scary if one were on a bike. Still better not to engage.

In the video the reporter states the biker's wife says they followed knife guy after he cut them off.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
In the video the reporter states the biker's wife says they followed knife guy after he cut them off.

Might have missed that will have to go back and check, I would agree best not to do so, especially when a truck weighs 4000 pounds to your 800 pound bike. None of the written articles stated that as a fact.

Have a friend that got cut over on while riding, simple case of the car driver either not looking or not seeing him, darn near hit him we're talking inches.

He rode up to the window, pounded on it, yelled at them, I stayed back, as not wanting to be included as a target for a scared car owner shooting out the window.

Explained to him, regardless of how it went down, he'd be dead, and the gun owner would be claiming fear of his life from the mean biker...

Lotta guns in FL, confrontation may end up with someone being ventilated...

Posts: 23232 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The only thing you should do in a situation like that is say to yourself maybe there is a legit reason they are driving like a major league turd and let it go.

Following someone who cut you off and escalating a bad situation is something I would never do. Even when you win you still potentially lose. Especially if you are on a motorcycle. Just let the idiots go their own way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post