SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you guys game for some more riddle? For a G19 RTF2 or a P228? *** Answers / Explanations / Winners (p. 26 and in OP) ***
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you guys game for some more riddle? For a G19 RTF2 or a P228? *** Answers / Explanations / Winners (p. 26 and in OP) *** Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Q and all the knowledge shared on the forum about Sig firearms as well as an unlimited number of other topics.

Posts: 3489 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
I have a few more possible guesses, then I need to be done. I am burned out.

Search for Knowledge
Sigforum Knowledge
Learning Knowledge
Members Knowledge
Main Knowledge
Perseverance in Life
Pages of History
Sigforum Generosity
Members Generosity
Para's Generosity
Para's Respect

Posts: 1928 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbaker45:
I have a few more possible guesses, then I need to be done. I am burned out.

But I've got to congratulate you on your perseverance / persistence on trying to solve Q's riddle Karma.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11013 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Smile Best of luck to all who have posted in Q's riddle thread.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The riddle is about connecting with other people, without this you can not achieve success by yourself. Also be willing to help other succeed.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you first of all sir. I have really enjoyed each of your riddles and the guesses that are the result.

Seek, and ye shall find.

I do think that Matthew 7:7 really does meet all of the points. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find: knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

The threads are people asking or seeking help and the answers are given. How many times has it been said that we can ask any question, no matter how obscure, and it can be answered on this wonderful forum.

The Proto type thread is epic due to being ready when opportunity knocks.

One of the things that is literally staring us in the face is Find. That is the find option up towards the top left of the forum.

2 plus 2 is coming up as Seek and Find for me.

I can definitely go on with the religious ties for getting closer to the Kingdom of Heaven, those that have already passed from this life, all of us that are alive have yet to succeed. And very sadly, not all will make it. But I won't, as my screen has become too blurry to go much further.

Thank you for so much more than a riddle. It was something that I needed. Thank you.

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
You’ll never find the answer if you don’t ask questions.

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
The SIGforum welcome page is the gateway to knowledge and expertise. On these pages, membership gladly shares their expertise, the only way you can share and learn is by logging in as a member with your forum name and password; you can ask questions and provide answers in your area of expertise or knowledge.
It is a great place to share advice and opinions as you abide the rules of the forum, members have the responsibility to ensure discourse is respectful, courteous and contributes to discussion.

Posts: 3246 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Para and a CUT fits.

He has to approve new members.
Be an active contributing member and you'll be more likely to get one.
Many have one, the rest will eventually if they stay 10 years.
Some get the banhammer though.

The Proto-1 auction had someone get the banhammer. Everyone has to log in through the login screen. The posters in the second link don't have CUTs except the OP (although 3 are eligible under the 10-year rule).

Posts: 3667 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Hello Q. Sorry to jump in on this last minute. I'm still on family vacation and this popped up just as I was leaving and I haven't had a chance to invest the mental energy on this as others have.

From my observation, It seems you're honoring the forum itself, and its membership as well as the classic design of the pistols we all come to love; specifically their robustness and perfect simplicity. The riddle seems to be an ode to the forum and perhaps the P-series line of pistols. The slogan "Quality firearms, quality discussion" fits quite well.

I've been on the forum since 2001 and the layout has changed little, if any at all, since then. There are your core forum members who have been here since the infancy of the forum (myself, having been here for 18 years) and we all come here on a daily basis. We all came here to learn, at some point, but after years of following topics, we end up sharing our knowledge on various firearms. Although the site is specific to the Sig pistols, there are members on the board that some would consider experts on other platforms as well and the membership is not limited to just Sigs.

There is a quality of advice here that you rarely find anywhere else. The membership here has become somewhat of an online family and we come here to talk about not only guns, but life in general and get advice on nearly every topic. A lot of us get our news here and we come here every day, multiple times a day.

A lot of people have come and gone and there's a long list of members who have worn out their welcome and have simply been banned. Some are here for a short time, then fade away.

Of the second thread, all the posters were giving their opinions on their own experiences but also sharing knowledge that they had learned here on the forum as well from people that were in the know.

Of all the posters in the thread that gave advice, they all pointed out that they had not shot or had any experience with an original Swiss P210 and made that disclaimer to allow the OP to absorb the info the best way he could.

I tell people all the time that the quality of the people on this board is astounding. It doesn't matter what I'm looking for, I'll find someone on the board that knows the answer or can direct me to someone who can.

As for your PROTO thread, it was pretty amazing that such a unique firearm had come to be auctioned off on the forum and that members here had dealigns with the person who owned the pistol before and could vouch for its authenticity as well as the communications with Sig Inc. It was also unique in the sense that we had a chance to see a single one-of-a-kind surviving sample of a prototype pistol that would eventually become the P228. As you said "It's what the P228 should have been."

If I could stretch it a little more, I'd say you could be alluding to an ode to the classic P-series line of pistols. Many others have come and gone, but the classic P-series is perfection.

Well, I'm off to another Disney park. Have a great day all...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5447 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgecko
posted Hide Post
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill
From https://www.azquotes.com/quote...f=effort-and-success

Posts: 236 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has been a lot of fun, as we come close to the end I’ll throw in a few more guesses. I’ll try a couple in a few different ways.

Passing things on.

Passing on, or sharing your experiences.

Passing milestones and learning from experience.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
This riddle has me obsessed with guessing the correct answer. One last shot at this.

Years of Change
Change Through History
Change Through Time
Years of Happiness
Years of Success
Life's History

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
SIGforum. The SIGforum braintrust and the SIGforum family.
Log onto to the forum and crawl through the rooms of interest. If you have questions you will get answers. If you want camaraderie and friendship, it's here in spades.

Posts: 3489 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Living Life, Through Time and Years, Through Change

Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andcommande:
A beginning and and evolution

Good guess but maybe better put as: A Beginning and an End. Start and Finish.

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Para, 12131 and all the members here make this the greatest place for many of us online.

Only active members of this online community can participate in trying to solve your riddles.

There can be only one correct answer to the riddle.

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
accepting the lord as your savior.

Posts: 5327 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Just want to say, it’s been a fun thread, and I enjoy seeing other folk’s thought processes on this stuff. Q’s generosity is exemplary, and I appreciate that a group thought exercise with a beneficial message is how he chooses to engage it. Again: exemplary. Smile

Posts: 17359 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
A blast from the past, one of Q's riddles we all had fun with earlier this year. I just read it through again, that was a good one! Smile

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7650003254/p/1