SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you guys game for some more riddle? For a G19 RTF2 or a P228? *** Answers / Explanations / Winners (p. 26 and in OP) ***
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you guys game for some more riddle? For a G19 RTF2 or a P228? *** Answers / Explanations / Winners (p. 26 and in OP) *** Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbaker45:
A blast from the past, one of Q's riddles we all had fun with earlier this year. I just read it through again, that was a good one! Smile

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7650003254/p/1

Of all the riddles that Q's posted, that was my favorite. Wink

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5523 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
charity and knowledge?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Sigforum knowledge base.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1916 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
First, thank you, Para, for this great forum.
Thank you everyone who participated in this thread, especially Mr. Baker, who cranked out answers like a machine gun spitting out bullets. I had trouble keeping up with him. Lol. I’ve enjoyed every single post in the thread. Now, down to the business of the riddle.

** ANSWER **: This riddle is about your post counts and my forum handle (12131). Two completely unrelated numbers by themselves, but, for the purpose of this brain teaser, they are very connected.

** EXPLANATIONS **:
-Wherever your journey (your posting) may lead, you (your post counts) will not reach your destination except through me (12131).
-The more you work at it, the closer you get. As long as you’re active member, you will post (even you lurkers will post), and your post count will increase and get closer to 12131. And, no matter how long it takes you, it will eventually have to go through 12131. You (your post count) simply cannot bypass it. It must go through.

-Many have gone through (an example is 6guns in the 1st link, with his post count way passed 12131), but the rest have yet to succeed (an example is all the posters in the 2nd link, with all the post counts less than 12131. That was the thing that they had in common).

-But sadly, some will fail completely along the way (example is gablesdad in the PROTO-1 thread. Boss lowered the ban hammer on him, so his post count will never reach 12131).

-Every time we open/log on, we either read and/or post, and that is certain. And, when we post, our post count increases. Again, its relationship with 12131.

** SO, WHO WON? **
No one correctly got the 2-part answer. There are a few folks who got either the “post counts” or the “12131” as their actual answer, but they just couldn’t make the connection. They are:

Nismo (p. 14) -
radioman (p. 14) – 12131, Oriental Redneck
Drabfour (p. 15) – Post counts
H&K-Guy (p. 16) – SIGforum post counts
BigJoe (p. 20) – What is “12131”

lbaker45 (p. 11) – “What the posters have in common, they all are registered members in good standing with the date they registered. All have post counts, some low and some high.
On p. 23, Mr. Baker also wrote “12131’s Emotions”. Although 12131 was there, it was there simply as a possessive noun, as the answer really was “Emotions”. But, I’ll give him partial credit for “12131”. He had both “post counts” and “12131” but did not see the connection, obviously.

Trapper189 (p. 24) – “The only thing staring me in the face is 12131's avatar with his screen name and CUT, so I don't think it's a stretch to believe 12131 is one of the two parts of the answer.

By logging in two things happen.

1. We gain the ability to post…

Although he simply tried to help someone piece the thing together, this gentleman, in a single post, actually came closest, imo, to giving out the complete and correct answer.
Had he realized that posting results in post count increase, he could have pieced that together with “12131”.

So, based on the above, I picked *** Trapper189 *** as the big winner of this riddle, and *** lbaker45 *** as second winner.
Congratulations to both! Trapper will have first pick, and Baker has second. I’ll get in touch with you both later. Let me tell you a little bit more about each gun before Trapper makes his pick. I’m original owner of both.

- The G19 RTF2 is unfired and NIB. I put in the Glockmeister’s complete stock 3.5 trigger package and the grip plug. Comes with 2x 15-rounders and whatever that came from factory originally.

- The P228 is a FrankenSIG that I put together from a new factory non-rail P229 Classic Carry frame and a new factory nickel plated P228 slide that SIG built for me. It has the SRT system. And, the new barrel was DLC’ed by factory. Comes with 2x 15-rd factory mags (SIG branded, Mec-Gar made). I put 150 problem-free rounds through this gun.

Q

Posts: 27557 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Awesome riddle. Thanks for putting the two guns up as prizes. I got ONE right! Congrats to the two winners!!!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14039 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Q, I said before and I will say it again. You amaze me at every turn. Thank you for all you bring to the Forum, it's members and Sig Sauer. I haven't scratched the surface of what a Gentleman you are. I know you don't do what you do for praise but just who you are and what you are made of. Thank you Q. John.

Posts: 2896 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Trapper and lbaker!!

And Thank you very much 12131!! That was quite a bit of fun. It got me thinking about many things, definitely a brain teaser.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the winners.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I just showed up to see what the answer was. Big Grin

Posts: 13298 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Congratulations guys!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5523 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Alot of fun, thanks Q

Congratulations to the winners.

Posts: 1656 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Wow, thank you! Very much appreciated!!! I had "12131 Post Count" written down on a piece of paper but didn't think it fit the riddle.

Posts: 1930 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners and thank you for the opportunity.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Q, you are an amazing man.

Congrats guys! Cool

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3874 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the answer.
I would never have guessed it and it would have driven me crazy.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20054 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners, and a big THANK YOU to Q.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners and thank you Q. I had a ball trying to figure it out and reading others answers was as much fun as my own guesses.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners! I wasn't even close & all I got was a headache.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Really? No way. I'm elated. Thank you.

I was sure it was going to be a philosophical answer.

The post counts in the second thread caught my eye because some were fairly low, but none we're particularly high. I knew when you revealed how the posters were related I was going to slap myself.

Since you are generously allowing me to pick, the P228.

Posts: 11661 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners and thanks for the always amazing generosity of 12131, this time doubly so.
Simply amazing.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15803 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post