SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you guys game for some more riddle? For a G19 RTF2 or a P228? *** Answers / Explanations / Winners (p. 26 and in OP) ***
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you guys game for some more riddle? For a G19 RTF2 or a P228? *** Answers / Explanations / Winners (p. 26 and in OP) *** Login/Join 
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Wherever your journey may lead, you will not reach your destination except through me.

The pages of life.
The pages of time.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Time is money.
Opium is money.
Money is money.

Posts: 21184 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Still getting an error for that third link.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have taken a break to try to gain a fresh perspective, but nothing new comes to mind (tough to remove the biases from previous guesses).

Good luck to all & congratulations to the winner.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
SigForum solidarity and generosity.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16332 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The third link is the Proto 1 auction link. Not sure if that helps.

Posts: 5176 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
3rd link (PROTO-1auction) working just fine, right now.

Q

Posts: 26805 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Sigforum, membership has its privileges.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11006 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Goals in life, learning, knowledge.
Q's goal of generosity in his karma's.
Perseverance in hitting your goals.
Hitting a milestone.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The wisdom of Sigforum and the members here who selflessly give one to another their knowledge.

The Truth of Sigforum. Some cannot handle the light, and burn their memberships down.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3612 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2561 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Wherever your journey may lead, you will not reach your destination except through me.
The more you work at it, the closer you get.
Many have gone through, but the rest have yet to succeed.
But sadly, some will fail completely along the way.

Through the goal post

Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
* Clues *: THESE THREE THREADS are somehow connected. If you can see the connection, you should be able to solve the riddle.

First thread, member "Oz_Shadow" has a CUT of "Go Vols!" Clue is "Michigan Wolverines football"

Second thread, all the members have something in common, they are posting in the thread. Clue is "post"

Third thread, Q won a prototype Sig, that was his goal. Clue is "goal"

Answer is: Goal Post

My brain HURTS! I hope this is the correct answer to the riddle.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Maybe its the end zone rather than goal post?

Posts: 7429 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
RULES:
- Can consult anything and anyone you wish to.

12131... what is the right answer? Big Grin

Posts: 21184 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
- The 2 specific parts of the answer are already posted by several people. Somebody just needs to put two and two together, and everything will fall into place.

this is the clue that's driving me crazy. It's within the 20+ pages of this thread. Just a matter of where. You see this thread has almost 15,000 views? Much of that is me trying to figure out which 2 things are "it"

Ok, time to start sharing just so someone gets it. We don't want our batting average to go below the .833 that it's at now. We have 2 days to solve it.

Did anyone else notice these things about the auction thread ....
-The word Epic is used once (that I noticed) in the thread. Q said the thread was epic for several reasons. connection there?
-It has a post about Hillary on election night, but this was deemed an honest mistake, so no harm, no foul.
-It has 8 pages, but I don't think that means anything.
-It mentions the passing of "Lee" and 4 others, but it is later determined that 2 of those mentioned did not pass away yet.
-Of most interest, the thread was dormant for almost a year, then someone brought it back to life, then it was dormant for several more months, and someone else brought it back with the word ,"Fantastic" and it went dormant again. That seems odd to me -- not normal for old threads to rise from the dead like this.
-The thread was started on Sept 29, 2016. It was brought back to life Aug 1, 2017 -- EXACTLY a year and a day later.
-The thread came back to life after 6 months on March 31, 2018, which is ONE DAY BEFORE EASTER SUNDAY. --- that has to mean something. But no mention of rising from the dead in the first 20+ pages of this thread, so I think it's meaningless.
-I think everyone saw that one person flamed out during the thread.
-The P226C is cocked, but that doesn't make the thread epic.

that's all I have. I've got to get some sleep so I can get up early and get some cheap 9mm at a local store. Goodnight all.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11006 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm posting this in the hope that it will help someone else piece it together.

The only thing staring me in the face is 12131's avatar with his screen name and CUT, so I don't think it's a stretch to believe 12131 is one of the two parts of the answer.

I see maybe two things the three threads have in common:

Someone expresses gratitude in each one for the knowledge gained on SIGforum.

Or, 12131 is in all three threads, albeit indirectly in the second thread. In the third thread he is gaining knowledge, in the second he is sharing knowledge and in the first he congratulates another in his quest for knowledge.

I haven't a clue what the posters in the second thread have in common.

By logging in two things happen.

1. We gain the ability to post. Seeking and sharing knowledge.
2. Our screen names show up in the box about how many people are on SIGforum.

On the other hand, 12131 mentions opening SIGforum, not just logging on. People that open SigForum are counted in the number of people on SIGforum.

My guess is 12131 seeks wisdom through a sharing of knowledge on SIGforum. The more knowledge we gain the closer to wisdom we get, but some show a complete lack of wisdom and can no longer share knowledge.

Could also be learning vs. teaching. Once one has gained enough knowledge, one becomes a teacher passing that which was learned on to the noobs as 12131 is doing. Once you are banned, you can no longer be or become a teacher.

Posts: 11187 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So my wild stab at this is the internet and IP addresses. Thanks for the chance and good luck to the winners

Posts: 344 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
We enter through the main page and head for the lounge looking for your riddle thread.
All threads fall down the page as new threads are added and others are responded to. Most will fall off into the archives but not all will. You will buy a Glock.

Posts: 3487 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The login page is what you have to go through, regardless of your destination on SF, if you want to participate in the community. Hanging in here for ten years, or for other special reasons, will get you a CUT. Some won't make it long enough, for whatever reason, to earn their CUT.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A beginning and and evolution

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post