SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many posts per day per person would you consider normal? How about excessive?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many posts per day per person would you consider normal? How about excessive? Login/Join 
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Almost 11 years. On here a lot. Post little.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I'm at 0.934 a day. As much time as i spend here each day you'd think i'd at least break 1.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3903 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

1.78 per day in over 12 years here, but I spend much more time here than that count represents. I read much more than I post. I enjoy others' posts in the Lounge and What's Your Deal, especially, but I have 11 forums that I open all at once, each in its own tab, and then work my way through all of them. I have gleaned lots of good technical gun info over the years, reading and using the search function (yes, it does work well with the right Advanced Search parameters). I only ask when I cannot find it on my own.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
When you look at how much time many people spend on Facebook and how many posts they enter there every day, even 4 posts a day on Sig Forum is a conservative number. It is a very nice and relaxing place to be. I don't post that much, but I am here every day reading the latest banter. I learn a lot.

this,

my brother is on facebook all day long, so much so I give him crap about it (and I am not on facebook)

I'm posting to see where I am at (never really paid attention to the number)

ETA,

just under the apparent post ho number of 1.7 Big Grin

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10592 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was an alpha tester for a video game mod circa 2002-2007. Mek Tek Mechwarrior mercs. I had over 30k in posts.

Here, though a little over 1 a day. Much of that I am betting is in the last 2 years. I have pared down my internet forums to Sigforum.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
210 posts since 2011.... about .07 posts a day... seems a little wordy for my taste.

ETA:
0.079155672823219 Posts per day... I’m definitely too wordy..

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm averaging just over 4.5 posts per day.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I've found my posting has gotten out of hand, so I have had to cut back a bit.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I'm at 1.26 per day.

More than I expected.
Diarrhea of the keyboard.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1.4 per week over ten years. I'm pacing myself.

Posts: 1369 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
While not a regular poster, I am a regular reader. My post average isnt very high at .49 per day over roughly 19 years.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4583 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
10.7 per day.

A nickel per post, equals...

You got me by 0.13 per day. 10.57 per.

Although I have taken long stretches off, so its likely more of a sin wave.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
2.7 per day here.

I think quality over quantity count.

There are days I may post 10 times and then I may go over a week without anything. Kinda depending how much free time I have to view the forum and whether I think I can add anything to a post.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
A nickel per post, equals...

$.05 x 38024 posts = $1901.20.

When shall I expect my check? Big Grin

ETA: I am at .778827646544 ppd, seems normal to me Wink.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4954 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Only about three and a half per day so I have a way to go. Frown

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Normal depends on the person I guess. I mean I only average 1.7 and I'm sure there are folks here who believe I should post less. Big Grin

You're good by me though. Cool

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I think that anything over 1 post per day for over a decade is a lot. That's just me though.

I'm averaging less than 1 post per day over 13 years.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sixgunner455
posted Hide Post
Normal is up to you. Excessive is when everybody else is telling you to shut up.

Used to post a lot. Pared it down a lot.

Posts: 1685 | Location: Here be Dragons! | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
>2.25

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post