SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many posts per day per person would you consider normal? How about excessive?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many posts per day per person would you consider normal? How about excessive? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Of course, there is no right or wrong answer, but it is interesting to see what folks think, I think. Cool

I noticed I just crossed the 16000-post mark in 10 years here. I thought to myself, "Man, you spent way too much time on here". But then, when calculated # posts/day, it comes out to only about 4. So, I don't think it's even close to excessive.

I've been off work over a week and probably will be off another week, taking care of family affairs. Everything is on cruise control at the moment. So, I'm sitting here thinking of silly topic to start and increase my post count. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 27619 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm sitting here thinking of silly topic to start and increase my post count. Big Grin

I thought that's what the New Members Introduction forum is for. Greet everyone, then profit from the high post count in the Classifieds and karmas.

<sarcasm>

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
For me, I'm at 4k posts in 12 years, which is a little less than 1 post per day. But, I'm on SF for at least an hour every day, sometimes much much more than that.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
This is a fitting thread for my 4,000th post.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
And this is it!
Thanks everyone for making this the best place on the internet!

ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Numbers don't matter nearly as much as the content. Plus, most of us around here are abnormal. Wink

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I’m running 9.89 ppd for 4,810 days.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Yikes - I'm at 4.4 per day over 17 years. I never ran the numbers before.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I'm a newer member and I don't post as much as I could. I find myself writing a reply but then deleting as I say "Do I really want that out there in cyber space" hence my post numbers are low. I know that the other side is on this forum as well as my local forum (Maryland shooters) and they have printed what we have said and tried to use those posts against us. With this in mind I try to temper my posts as a result I don't post many replies. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I’m as good as 16 years averaging about 1.7 posts per day. The real question is quality vs. quantity in my mind.

Posts: 12583 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I have to post now to see what my count is.

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
8533/(14x365)=1.6

There. ... 1.6 is acceptable. 1.7 is asinine post-foolery. BB61 is a post whore! Wink

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
When you look at how much time many people spend on Facebook and how many posts they enter there every day, even 4 posts a day on Sig Forum is a conservative number. It is a very nice and relaxing place to be. I don't post that much, but I am here every day reading the latest banter. I learn a lot.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m coming up on 10 years in 2 months. 3k posts in 10 years less than 1 per day sometimes I think Jeeze I haven’t posted in weeks.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Man, you spent way too much time on here"

Guilty as charged. Frown

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
8533/(14x365)=1.6

There. ... 1.6 is acceptable. 1.7 is asinine post-foolery. BB61 is a post whore! Wink

Yea...well now I’m 1.7232183759203. TAKE THAT!!! Big Grin

Posts: 12583 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
8 years last June and at 1.07 but only because I've started posting regularly in the last few years.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
I have always made it a point to never calculate the "cost per Duck".

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3796 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm at 1.4 average per day.

I'd consider a couple a day to be normal.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8173 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post