SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
posted
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/378015

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issues statement in wake of events. "The enemy will pay an unprecedented price"

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, this morning (Saturday, 7 October 2023), from the Kirya¬ in Tel Aviv [translated from Hebrew]:

"Citizens of Israel,

We are at war, not in an operation or in rounds, but at war. This morning, Hamas launched a murderous surprise attack against the State of Israel and its citizens. We have been in this since the early morning hours.

I convened the heads of the security establishment and ordered – first of all – to clear out the communities that have been infiltrated by terrorists. This currently is being carried out.

At the same time, I have ordered an extensive mobilization of reserves and that we return fire of a magnitude that the enemy has not known. The enemy will pay an unprecedented price.

In the meantime, I call on the citizens of Israel to strictly adhere to the directives of the IDF and Home Front Command. We are at war and we will win it."

Posts: 12922 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
FAFO Level 5, assholes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16129 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More information with photos.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...s-new-operation.html

Posts: 12922 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Gaza is about to get leveled.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39822 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this works. Bunch of goat rapers murdered an Israeli women, stripped her body and drove around displaying it while all shouting "Aloha Snackbar". Religion of peace my a$$.

https://twitter.com/kangdreamd.../1710602778161119406

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8360 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
ALL of them.

Every last one.

Then expand to the surrounding areas like Iran.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34280 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much of Biden's $6 Billion that went to Iran a couple of months ago financed this hit Roll Eyes. Iran has a history of funding Hamas, and I don't see that changing today.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16979 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Sounds like Gaza is about to get leveled.

From your lips to God's ears. That stretch of land should have been made to look like Dresden years ago.

Why the world has continued to treat these murdering cultists with kid gloves for so many years is a mystery. They, and their ideology, need to be eradicated from the face of the earth.

"Two-state solution"? Fuck you. They need to say, "This is our country. All of it. You either live here peacefully, die, or get the fuck out." And WE need to say that here as well.

Posts: 20348 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and Prayers for Israel and its people.

Time to clean house and I pray they do it. Already 40 Israelis dead and thousands of rockets fired at them.

It's not really surprising But still shocking.

Iran is complicit and Israel needs to closely watch the Northern Border.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13451 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
ALL of them.

Every last one.

Israel should have done that decades ago.

If I were in charge, we’d drive tanks and bulldozers from the heights to the sea and push every single non-Israeli out.

Someone picks up a rock, he catches a round. No exceptions.

The only way to survive is to put your hands up and walk to another country that will take you in.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11401 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I wonder how much of Biden's $6 Billion that went to Iran a couple of months ago financed this hit Roll Eyes. Iran has a history of funding Hamas, and I don't see that changing today.

It was probably funded by Iran, but they'd have funded it with, or without the $6B present we gave them. They're undoubtedly laughing their asses off at us right now though.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Y'all are nuts, they will blow up a dozen weapons caches and operation centers then bow to the outcry from attacking innocent Palestinians. Especially after they pull a few already dead kids out of the morgues and say "look at what the oppressors are doing to the kids."

It doesn't matter how proportional their response is, the international community and our democrat leaders will condemn the counter attack. I'd love to see them wipe out every known terrorist cache/building, but it won't happen.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20989 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
By air. So far, over 5000 rockets launched this morning.

Hamas breaking through borders with motorcycles and tractors.

Hamas members wandering the streets shoot at will.

The Palestinian Islamic jihad has joined the attack as well. So far, 192 confirmed dead, hundreds more in critical condition. Reports of IDF soldiers kidnapped.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/9...ockets-fired-israel/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16979 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
All on Shabbat while they are at rest.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39822 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
All on Shabbat while they are at rest.

50 years ago to the day, was the Yom Kippur War.

Not just Shabbat, today is a holiday, Simchat Torah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simchat_Torah

Posts: 12945 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Gaza strip is one of the most densely populated areas on earth (3rd) so trying to hit an enemy there will always result in lots of collateral damage. That's the reality Israel faces trying to respond to these things. They have to respond, but how exactly?

The education level isn't particularly high there and then add fanatical religious beliefs and outside agitators to the mix and this is the predictable result.

This has been going on since before I was born and I don't see it changing in my lifetime. Some people on both sides seem to have zero interest in working things out, if that's even possible.

More than a millennium ago, it was home to the most advanced cultures on earth.

Posts: 9711 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skins is right.

Time for Israel to say "Fuck what others think" and lay waste to everything and everyone. Men, women, and children.

War is war. Time someone remembers that.

I hope our pathetic government does the right thing here.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1550 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
One of the problems with war is that the USA always has to clean up financially.
Great to say go get 'em (and deep down that is the right thing to do) but we the people of the USA will be footing the bill. Frown

Posts: 23104 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Skins is right.

Time for Israel to say "Fuck what others think" and lay waste to everything and everyone. Men, women, and children.

War is war. Time someone remembers that.

I hope our pathetic government does the right thing here.

About two million people live in that small area, too close to Israel to nuke so what do you recommend, firebombing, automatic weapons?

Hopefully that's just a statement made in anger. More specifically, what is the "right" thing?

Posts: 9711 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
The education level isn't particularly high there and then add fanatical religious beliefs and outside agitators to the mix and this is the predictable result.

Lay waste the the place.

Even those of low education understand destruction, pain and death. And they have earned it.

There are no people on earth more likely to make the wrong decision than the Palestinians.

I remember the CNN tape of those bastards celebrating in the streets and handing out candy to children when the twin towers were falling. This is before Arafat convinced CNN to hide the tape on pain of death. I saw it live, as they shot it, never to be seen again.

I am generally a person who believes in working things out, but with respect to the Palestinians, and particularly Hamas, there is only one answer; annihilation.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12860 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post