SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    51 year old man ko's 12 year old girl, gets arrested. I call BS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

51 year old man ko's 12 year old girl, gets arrested. I call BS Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

toying with the idea of turning (wood turning) a walking stick to assist my 80 year old legs when I have to go to town. One about 4 feet long, 1.5 inch diameter at the lower end, 3 inches at the upper. Perhaps with a slightly larger knob for a better grip.
Here's what I use. Every day. Don't leave home without it.

With us Old Guys, a cane becomes invisible. I don't get a second glance going into the courthouse, nor a police station, nor any place else where "weapons" are prohibited.

My cane-fu cane.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
One of the best comments, in my best Howard Cosell voice, "Down goes Shaniqua!". Big Grin

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yep. stupid kid got what she deserved. No one has a right to lay a hand on him. She did so and then he pushed her away. Then she came at him again and he ended her.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I always thought it was common sense that you don’t pick a fight with someone who is clearly twice your size. (Exceptions to the rule of course)

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
It's fortunate for that pack of animals that the victim they picked wasn't an old man.

A really old guy would've just pulled his gun and emptied a magazine or two into them. If he was a good shot he may have wiped out the entire pack.

Sounds like a good dose of OC is called for.....not enough reason to shoot but enough to hurt!

Been toying with the idea of turning (wood turning) a walking stick to assist my 80 year old legs when I have to go to town. One about 4 feet long, 1.5 inch diameter at the lower end, 3 inches at the upper. Perhaps with a slightly larger knob for a better grip.

I used something similar facing pitchers at home plate...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also would call it self defense. If the DA is a SJW snowflake type, he might have to fight it in court. Often times the DA will charge someone, hoping the person will bend over and take it. When the defendant fights back, they may drop the case the day before the trial.

The DA likes to score brownie points with the public.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Little girl was last heard singing:

quote:
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu
So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I´d like to stay and taste my first champagne
So long,…

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm still confused, why was he arrested? He was encircled by 10 plus people yelling at him from all directions. He pushed the girl back and she approached again cocked to take a swing, he defended himself, they scattered. He did not get jumped by ten or twenty teens and avoided potentially serious injury. Is it because she has a vagina? If so that's sexist. This is not a case of disproportionate force as it was his two fists and 250lbs Vs their 1,300 pounds and 26 fists.

They are lucky none of them ended up leaking.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

toying with the idea of turning (wood turning) a walking stick to assist my 80 year old legs when I have to go to town. One about 4 feet long, 1.5 inch diameter at the lower end, 3 inches at the upper. Perhaps with a slightly larger knob for a better grip.
Here's what I use. Every day. Don't leave home without it.

With us Old Guys, a cane becomes invisible. I don't get a second glance going into the courthouse, nor a police station, nor any place else where "weapons" are prohibited.

My cane-fu cane.

Interesting. I have some oak sapling in the shed, might try turning it into what you showed.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That second video really does show some more important details. His wife and daughter were clearly being defended.

Have we heard what was the genesis of the situation?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
G'night Felicia.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
That second video really does show some more important details. His wife and daughter were clearly being defended.

Have we heard what was the genesis of the situation?

The real story will be that the "yoots" were running their mouths, acting like animals, pushing people, looking for victims. The story from the "yoots" will be they (the man, his wife and/or daughter) said racist things to them or about them, which will probably be shown as false and then it will be their racism was implied through their tone and body language.....standard tactic for a certain "community".

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
It's fortunate for that pack of animals that the victim they picked wasn't an old man.

A really old guy would've just pulled his gun and emptied a magazine or two into them. If he was a good shot he may have wiped out the entire pack.

Sounds like a good dose of OC is called for.....not enough reason to shoot but enough to hurt!

Been toying with the idea of turning (wood turning) a walking stick to assist my 80 year old legs when I have to go to town. One about 4 feet long, 1.5 inch diameter at the lower end, 3 inches at the upper. Perhaps with a slightly larger knob for a better grip.

So what you are thinking of is something like A Buford Pusser type walking stick? Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
They are like hyena's lunging in with little nips until they get brave and lunge in for a big bite.
Looks like Tang-kang-queesha got bit first.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
That punch may have been well deserved, but the optics are bad - very bad.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
IMO, no problem with his response. He was acting defensive, trying to put distance between himself and the main aggressor.
When she came at him, hands up, clenched in fists, he undoubtedly was in reasonable fear for the imminent safety of himself or his loved ones.
Additionally, after the one swing, and the aggressor was napping, he did absolutely nothing additionally to them... no kicks to the head, no stomping them, nothing... nothing at all like you'd see if the situation were reversed, IMO.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He obviously could not take his family forward through the crowd without further endangering them. You can't tell from the video if he could have gotten back into the mall and perhaps mall security might have gotten involved.

If that was possible, it might have saved him some aggravation. That being said, there is no way I would convict him if I were on the jury. Even if he started it by name calling, which I don't believe he did, they were the ones that turned it physical.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
assault on a female,

Huh? so assaulting a female is somehow different than assault or something?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Huh? so assaulting a female is somehow different than assault or something?

Yes.

Your job, your actual sex, the sex you identify as, your skin tone, your religion, etc. all play a role in the seriousness of the assault and the consequences as a result.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
That punch may have been well deserved, but the optics are bad - very bad.

No, they are not.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post