SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your company Christmas party like ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your company Christmas party like ? Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Last place I worked the Christmas bonus was the company would contribute a dollar for dollar match with a maximum of $5.00 per week from the company. Employees could put in as much as they wanted. The cynic in me figured they invested it and made income on the interest to partially offset what they paid out. Still, we were getting something so why not double your money?

Two years before I left they halved that figure, well except for one department, their supervisor was able to keep that match for his subordinates.

Party was in the middle of the week at what I describe as a warehouse barn. Loud obnoxious music, loud, bunch of twenty and thirty somethings populated it. Two drink tickets with snack food courtesy of the company. Employees only.

Sheriff's substation was two blocks away, place had a reputation for rowdy behavior. People would ask me if I was going. I would reply that one of my aspirations in life was not to get into a barfight or an arrest for DUI especially in my 60's.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
since I'm self employed I just take the day off and go fishing. Razz

Posts: 5600 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post