SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... 710
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am all for the pre-convention nomination of Joe Biden, as are, I'm sure, most members here, if not all, as well as all thinking people on the political right in this nation.

Posts: 109163 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
You'd have to be crazy to allow joe to run, even if he's the perfect puppet.

We've been watching this movie for the last three years....

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bean357:
Did I hear that correctly? What is a congenital liar?

kənˈjenədl/
adjective
adjective: congenital
(of a disease or physical abnormality) present from birth.
"a congenital malformation of the heart"
Similar:
inborn
inherited
hereditary
in the blood
in the family
innate
inbred
constitutional
built-in
inbuilt
ingrown
natural
native
original
inherent
unlearned
instinctual
deep-rooted
deep-seated
connate
connatural
Opposite:
acquired
(of a person) having a particular trait from birth or by firmly established habit.
"a congenital liar"

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This isn't going to help him, not in any way.

https://x.com/AlexThomp/status/1809360264326009302

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
“I'll feel, as long as I gave it my all, and I did as goodest job as I know I can do, that's what this is about.”

Last time I heard the word “goodest” used as a description, it came out of the mouth of a 5-year old.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2808 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I just realized what it must be like inside Biden’s head. He's Barry from Beerfest.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-with-trump-n2641456

Even ABC Jon Karl: "There is nothing in this interview that is calming nerves of jittery Democrats"

Notes that many Dems are even more worried because he won't even concede he's doing badly

@GStephanopoulos
: "Do you really believe you're not behind right now?"
@JoeBiden
: "All the pollsters I talk to tell me its a tossup."

Biden smiles when asked about Sen. Warner’s reported efforts to get him to drop out of the race. “Mark is a good man. He also tried to get the nomination, too.” (Warner didn’t run for office.)

Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
All four ABC reporters looked as if someone had shot their parents… tells you just how poorly Biden did in the Stephy interview.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1636 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The situation is complete disarray. Biden and his people are saying in direct terms that he's in to stay. Then, you have half the news media defending him, half calling for him to step down. You have officials at the DNC saying they are considering nominating Biden before the convention. You have Dem politicians supporting him and now a few calling for him to step down.

Every time Biden appears in public, every time he opens his mouth, he makes things worse for himself.

If ever there was a real clusterfuck, this is it, buddy.

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If ever there was a real clusterfuck, this is it, buddy.

I'm loving every second of this! Biden is a dishonorable man and he deserves the scorn he is receiving; history will not remember him kindly.

60/40 I think he drops out prior to 1 August. But anything could happen since he is prideful and his closest advisors are self-absorbed and disinterested in his well-being. This is as mysterious and baffling a situation as I have ever seen in politics. Granted, I am not a political professional simply a casual observer, but this one is tough to even guess at! Regardless of the ultimate outcome, Biden is suffering daily humiliation which he 100% deserves for the disgraceful way he has conducted himself in office and the damage he has done to our country.

Posts: 2453 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The one thing that has always been a given was the Democrats put forth a united front. That is no longer true. That's a pretty big fucking deal.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a neurosurgeon who has worked with several networks, has stated that Biden should go through detailed cognitive testing and have the results publicized.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal...d4d95914705a35&ei=10

Meanwhile, Gavin Newsom is on the trail supporting Biden OUTSIDE of California when the state is experiencing unprecedented highs and fires - people are saying that he is abandoning California and is bored with it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal...d4d95914705a35&ei=10

Posts: 2814 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I just hope sleepy Joe lives another four months.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden has lied his entire life.

He just makes stuff up constantly. He is so addicted to making his own "reality", he doesn't even know he is lying.

He really is living in another dimension that is his own creation.

He has done this for 50 years.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Time for FJB to go hide in his basement like he did in the entire 2020 election season, with the corrupt media covering for him. Oh wait, the horse is already out of the barn.

Q

Posts: 27611 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Trump doesn't need to open his pie hole and say some stupid shit over this. It's not necessary. He can sit back and let Joe and the group make mistake after mistake.

To the Trump campaign’s credit, they have been uncharacteristically quiet.

Someone must have read a page out of Sun Tsu’s “The Art of War”:

“When your enemy is making a mistake, don’t interrupt.”

Posts: 6712 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Washington Post:

Sen. Mark Warner works to gather Senate Democrats to ask Biden to exit race

https://archive.ph/Wfm4T#selection-573.0-573.75

Sen. Mark R. Warner (D-Va.) is attempting to assemble a group of Democratic senators to ask President Biden to exit the presidential race, according to two people with direct knowledge of the effort.

Warner is telling Democratic senators that Biden can no longer remain in the election in the wake of his faltering debate performance, according to the people familiar with private conversations who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak freely. Warner has told others that he is deeply concerned that Biden is not able to run a campaign that could beat former president Donald Trump.

On Friday afternoon, Biden asserted from Wisconsin that he will “beat Donald Trump.”“I’m not letting one 90-minute debate wipe out three and a half years of work. I’m staying in the race,” he said.

Biden told reporters he had spoken with at least 20 members of Congress and that they’re all telling him “to stay in the race.” When asked about Warner’s concerns, Biden said he was the “only” one pushing for him to step aside. “No one else is calling on me to do that,” he said.

Among the options under consideration is a meeting at the White House between senators and Biden. Even if some senators do not want Biden to drop out, advocates for the meeting argue they could use that forum to air candid concerns in person. Though no sitting Democratic senator has publicly called for Biden to step aside, they’ve privately shared increasing concerns with one another over the past week as they fight an already uphill battle to maintain the Senate majority.

As chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Warner is viewed as a serious voice privately advocating for the president to step aside. He represents a state that Democrats must win in November to maintain their hold on the White House.

There’s a growing consensus among Senate Democrats that the situation with Biden at the top of the ticket is untenable, and senators are trying to determine the best way to relay that message to an insulated president. Some senators don’t think Biden has people around him who are giving him an accurate picture of the fallout, according to one Democratic senator and a senior Democratic aide.

Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) has told senators to try to wait to make any moves until there is more polling data about Biden and Democrats’ standing, according to two people familiar with the conversations. Polling data is unlikely to be reliable until later this month because of the July Fourth holiday and the bump Republicans are expected to receive from their national convention, some Democrats have argued.

More at link

Posts: 13120 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You think she gets it now?

https://x.com/catturd2/status/1809531227776381287

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post