SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8367 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hunter Biden Threatens to Sue Fox News for Posting ‘Hacked,’ ‘Intimate’ Images

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ked-intimate-images/

Posts: 12745 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Hunter Biden Threatens to Sue Fox News for Posting ‘Hacked,’ ‘Intimate’ Images

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ked-intimate-images/

the plaintiff may have a lot to lose

Posts: 2795 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33895 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

SEN. JOSH HAWLEY: Do you know the group the Wilderness Society?

SECRETARY DEB HAALAND: I have heard of it. Yes.

HAWLEY: And to your knowledge, what is this group?

HAALAND: It sounds like the name is explanatory.

HAWLEY: It's a left-wing environmentalist pressure group. Do you know who funds it?

HAALAND: I do not.

HAWLEY: It's funded in large part by a foreign billionaire, Hansjörg Wyss, who has routed his money through all manner of dark money groups, including the Arabella Network.

Hansjörg Wyss was investigated by the FEC for illegal campaign contributions because he's not a U.S. citizen. He sits on the governing council of this dark money environmentalist group. HAs anybody in leadership at your department met with them, the Wilderness Society?

HAALAND: Senator, I do not know this individual and I --

HAWLEY: Has anybody in leadership at your department met with the Wilderness Society?

HAALAND: I'm sure we've met with a lot of groups and organizations in the work we do when we're discussing the environment.

HAWLEY: So does that mean you don't know or you're not going to answer?

HAALAND: I don't have a full list of everyone who everyone has met with.

HAWLEY: The answer is yes, your leadership has met with the Wilderness Society. They met with the Wilderness Society when that group was a plaintiff suing the Department of the Interior with an adverse lawsuit against you, and they met with them off the books. I've got the emails.

In July 2021, after you had come to office, members of the Wilderness Society, while they're suing the department, write to your top deputy and ask for a meeting, and keep it off of his calendar.

Here it is, July 14, 2021: "Can we set a meeting with these folks?"

July 19, 2021, they propose how they might calibrate this so it doesn't look like they're violating any of the rules of the court and remarkably it stays completely off of everyone's calendars. We only know about it because of FOIA requests. And then after they have these off-the-books meetings, their request is to cancel the mineral leasing rights in Minnesota in Superior National Forest -- a critical minerals mine -- the society wants the mine shut down. After they meet off the books with your leadership, you do it. A few months later, you cancel the leases, and then you withdraw 225,000 acres of critical mining from production and leasing, shortly after that.

Is it common practice to meet with dark money groups off the books and conceal it from the public?

HAALAND: Senator, thank you for the question. Of course, I can't answer if you're referring to our former deputy secretary, he is no longer at the department.

HAWLEY: Who worked for you?

HAALAND: He worked for the president, he was appointed by the president.

HAWLEY: He's your deputy secretary. Are you the Secretary of the Interior? I thought that's why you were here. Don't look at her, look at me.

HAALAND: I am.

HAWLEY: Do these people who are sitting here today, answering most of your questions, do they work for you? Do they report to you? You're not in charge?

HAALAND: They work with me.

HAWLEY: They work with you? So you're not in charge of the department? Oh, my Gosh, I thought you were in charge, I thought that's why you were here.

HAALAND: We work as a team.

HAWLEY: Oh, OK, so who's in charge?

HAALAND: I provide the vision, the overall direction and our mission.

HAWLEY: But you're not in charge? Do you take responsibility for what happens at the Interior Department?

HAALAND: I take responsibility.

HAWLEY: Do you take full responsibility for what happens at the Interior Department? Good. Then why are your leadership meeting with dark money groups and concealing it from the public? Why are they doing it off the books? How many times has this happened?

HAALAND: This is the first I'm hearing of this. My deputy secretary is no longer there. And I can't answer to what he did when he was there?

HAWLEY: What did they get out of it, do you suppose? What did Hansjörg Wyss get out of you canceling the leases after they asked you to in an off-the-books meeting?

HAALAND: I don't know who this individual is.

HAWLEY: Oh, sure, you don't know. You're not in charge. You're not responsible. We have a corruption problem in this government, Madam Secretary, and frankly in your department.

HAALAND: We don't.

HAWLEY: We certainly do. We have foreign billionaires funding dark money groups coming to meet with your leadership, concealing it from the public, while they are filing lawsuits adverse to the department, without the court's knowledge, you say without your knowledge, and then getting exactly what they want. I don't know how much money he made off of it, I'm sure it was a lot. I know how he made his money, by poisoning people.

Hansjörg Wyss, here's what his company did. In 2009, Synthes USA, with Wyss at its head, was charged by Philadelphia's U.S. Attorney with running an illegal clinical trial on humans. They injected them with cement that turns to bone inside the human skeleton. That's the guy who's funding this group that is pressuring your department, and you're meeting with him off the books and giving them exactly what they want.

HAALAND: I did not meet with him. You're implying I met with him.

Posts: 19607 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
you'd think this will cut into ole joe's voter base

edit: X vid of FJB chant already posted in at least two other places

Posts: 2795 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The great unifier.

He should get a Nobel prize, or some other shiny object to distract him.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20846 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Too funny if it's true.

Posts: 1483 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Exactly how much time is Biden spending cruising around small towns and neighborhoods in cities in the 'west'?

Sounds to me like another tall tale where he is the victim of evil orange man.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yep, just another day with another utterly incompetent jackass that works in this administration (that runs our lives). Roll Eyes

WATCH: Biden's Economic Adviser Tries and Fails To Explain How Money Works

Matthew Xiao
May 3, 2024

A viral clip of an interview with President Joe Biden’s economic adviser Jared Bernstein shows the official struggling to explain why the U.S. government chooses to borrow money when it can just print more.

"The government definitely prints money, and it definitely lends that money … by selling bonds. Is that what they do? They sell bonds, yeah, they sell bonds. Right? Since they sell bonds, and people buy the bonds and lend them the money," Bernstein, chair of the Council of Economic Advisers, said when asked why the federal government borrows currency it can print.

"I guess I’m just, I can’t really, I don’t get it. I don’t know what they’re talking about," the economic adviser to Biden added. "Like, 'cause it’s like the government clearly prints money; it does it all the time. And it clearly borrows. Otherwise we wouldn’t be having [this] conversation. So I don’t think there’s anything confusing there."

Bernstein's comments came during an interview for the newly released documentary Finding the Money, which makes the case for "flipping our understanding of the national debt," arguing that the debt is "not actually a debt for us taxpayers at all" but "simply a historical record of the number of dollars created by the U.S. federal government."

While Bernstein has specialized in economics for decades, he holds no degrees in the field, according to his biography on a White House website. Bernstein has a bachelor’s degree in fine arts from the Manhattan School of Music, a master's degree in social work from the Hunter School of Social Work, and a master's degree in philosophy and Ph.D. in social welfare from Columbia University.

Bernstein has served since July 2023 as the head of the Council of Economic Advisers, an agency "charged with providing the President objective economic advice on the formulation of both domestic and international economic policy."

Bernstein was also the chief economic adviser to then-vice president Biden in the Obama administration from 2009 to 2011.

Q

Posts: 26509 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
This clown isn’t advising anything. He’s nothing but a lightning rod for the forces dictating what the leftist administration decides to do.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15632 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23594 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://rumble.com/v4t5i0c-kjp...aign=TheLibertyDaily

Posts: 12745 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the ignorant pickaninny’s response would be in the next question was “Do we have the presidents word that those making less than $400k will not see a tax increase during his administration?”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15632 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5751 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Glad that Sen. Johnson figured this out. We’ve known it for years.

“Sen. Ron Johnson accused President Joe Biden of buying votes for 2024 by implementing student loan relief and allowing in more migrants ahead of the November election. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/13384845

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9009 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/alexbruese.../1787584590489530716

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107753 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30741 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It's got some kind of a disconnect going on there... Big Grin

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/shipwrecke.../1787568078320193986

KARINE JEAN-PIERRE: "Violent crime is at a nearly 50 year low!"

UNMENTIONED: A third of the nation's police departments — including in many of the largest cities — don't even report their crime data to the feds.

shipwreckedcrew:

The reason behind this is the FBI introduced a new reporting system that was more complicated and plagued by technical problems. A lot of local law enforcement said “screw this” and quit submitting data. Reporting is voluntary.

Posts: 19607 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post