SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Asshole Big Grin

All hat, no cattle

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Haha, Joepeddo calling out “Liz, Liz” reminds me of “Jackie, where’s Jackie?” What a buffoon. His family must be so proud.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
No One F***s With A Biden...

The guy in the hat is thinking, "just let go of my hand already."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

“You’re not that guy.”

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Biden pardoning all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession

Can he actually pardon a broad group of people without reviewing their petition for pardons? Have these people filed any requests for a pardon?

Doesn't seem legal to me, but I'm obviously no lawyer. Lawyers, please speak up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he can. Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution simply says:

“The President ... shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment.”

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe is trying to buy votes, as he is looking pretty dismal in all of the polls.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
Yes, he can. Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution simply says:

“The President ... shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment.”

So he could just empty every federal prison with the swipe of a pen?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:

So he could just empty every federal prison with the swipe of a pen?

Yes, Article II power is spelled out quite clearly. Would he, depends on how desperate ole Joe gets, remember the victims of those he pardons may be democrats.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

My apologies if you were just trying to keep the thread from getting derailed, but I think you buried the lede -

quote:
In addition to the pardons, Biden urged governors to follow suit regarding state marijuana offenses and instructed Secretary of Health and Human Services Xavier Becerra and Attorney General Merrick Garland to begin reviewing how marijuana is classified under federal drug laws.

"The federal government currently classifies marijuana as a "schedule one" substance, the same as heroin and LSD - and more serious than fentanyl," said Biden. "It makes no sense."

For Uncah Joe that constitutes a major sea-change - and speaks, I think, to desperation. Wild guess - all the stuff that's hit the press is what others have suggested it is, proof that the Dems are quietly trying to persuade Biden to not announce that he's running in 2024, and this is Uncah Joe trying to build up support for himself in the Dem party. Only thing is, I'd bet anything that it's a dangled carrot that won't happen before the 2022 elections.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
did you ever dream this would happen routinely in our country?

One of the pro-life leaders targeted by Biden's DOJ sent me footage of the early morning FBI raid on his family home. Paul Vaughn was placed in handcuffs by armed FBI agents in front of his children just before school drop-off. Watch as his wife pleads for answers mid-arrest

video at

https://twitter.com/i/status/1578423589732089858

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The state of this freaking guy...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Maiden America"

posted Hide Post
There are around 6500 convicts in Federal Prison for weed possession.

How does one get a Federal charge for possession? I would think it's for crossing the border with weed, being in an airport with weed, or on other Federally controlled property, or when moving across state lines. And U.S. Attorneys don't file cases for a dime bag in someone's pocket do they?

Sounds to me like these are drug traffickers and smugglers who got caught and pled down to possession. Perhaps a few idiots that got caught in airport security with the stash they forgot to take out of their bag.

Either way it's not a lot of people, and it is not a bunch of kids found with a joint in their pocket after a traffic stop, which is what they want you to believe.

There is no end to the nothingburger political stunts this idiot and his merry band of morons will pull to try to distract voters from their utter incompetence.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's hard to keep up with all of their stupidity, incompetence and dishonesty. It's that federal "A Dipshit a Day" program.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
How does one get a Federal charge for possession?

No way in hell. There have got to be accompanying, related offenses.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
How does one get a Federal charge for possession?

No way in hell. There have got to be accompanying, related offenses.

It does not happen. It doesn't generally even get CHARGED outside a "petty offense" instance (think possession in a park/forest/etc, handled by a citation, and those are virtually never jail cases.)

Possess a bunch? Probably getting charged, and going to prison when convicted for possession with intent to distribute. I'm willing to bet the first retirement check that the vast, vast majority of those in prison are smuggling cases at the border.

Possess an ounce? Call locals and see if they care.

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Decades ago I worked in a Army stockade. Had a prisoner convicted of procession and sale of pot. His first question to me was “ When pot is legalize does my conviction go away?
He got upset as I explained he was convicted under Article 92 of the UCMJ.” violating or failing to obey lawful general orders or regulations,“.
As I recall the amount was large enough for a court martial. Not “ I was holding it for a friend.”
Wonder about those cases.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
How does one do Federal Time for Weed?

Usually a large amount, like a couple hundred pounds, huge amount of cash, weapons and caught in the middle of a delivery or transaction. Most are part of an organized group aka a gang. Most gangs have a history of violence in transporting and distributing their product, along with getting even with people (or folks) who rip them off. Lots of those convicted for drug charges also had shootings, assaults, and murders involved. The suspects usually plead out for the lesser charges with max time than facing a trial on the other charges (those other charges usually depended on testimony from other shit heads or circumstantial evidence, very seldom is an upstanding citizen a witness to theses crimes). I recall one of the persons Obummer pardoned (media referred to her as a grandmother) was in drug gang that had at least 6 murders attached to the case, several of which were carried out by her son at her direction (per the case file but never tried on those charges). Granny took the dope plea for max time to avoid the murder and RICO charges, and then eventually her sentenced was commuted by Obummer.

So SNL is now making fun of Bidet......yep they want him gone:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post