SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Yugoslav Wars alone should be worthy of mention.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hungary 1956, Czechkoslavia 1968. I remember these invasions well. I guess Kamala went to an inferior school. You would think her speech writer would know these things.

Someone should send her a copy of Bridge at Andau. Very powerful nonfiction by Michenor.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-s-tariffs-on-china/

A Huntsville, Alabama, solar panel factory will close after President Joe Biden exempted foreign-made bifacial solar panels from United States tariffs earlier this month.

LG Electronics, a South Korea-based company, announced that it will be closing its Huntsville solar panel manufacturing operation, resulting in the layoffs of about 160 American employees and another 60 Americans who are employed as contract workers.

Executives said they hope to retain as many employees as they can by transitioning them into the company’s other business and manufacturing sectors at its Huntsville campus. Laid-off employees will receive severance packages.

The announcement comes just weeks after Biden decided to exempt foreign-made bifacial solar panels — the overwhelming majority of which come from China — from Section 201 tariffs on solar imports to the United States that were first imposed by former President Trump in January 2018 at a 30 percent rate.

The Coalition for a Prosperous America (CPA) had warned that Biden’s gutting U.S. tariffs on China-made bifacial solar panels would have a devastating impact on America’s solar manufacturing sector.

“China sympathizers may believe that gutting the 201 solar tariffs would not affect the U.S. solar manufacturing industry as long as Congress supports domestic producers. This is flat-out wrong,” CPA Chairman Zach Mottl said in a statement

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Building Back Better. Just not for Americans. Great job Brandon.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
...resulting in the layoffs of about 160 American employees and another 60 Americans who are employed as contract workers.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/live-n...-us-allies-sanctions

In an address Wednesday evening, Russian President Vladimir Putin said he has decided to green light military operations in Ukraine.

“I’ve made the decision to conduct a special military operation," Putin said. “Our analysis has concluded that our confrontation with these [Ukrainian] forces in inevitable.”

“A couple of words for those who would be tempted to intervene. Russia will respond immediately and you will have consequences that you never have had before in your history,” he added.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ukraine has closed its airspace to civil aircraft as Russian leaders are seemingly poised to launch a full-scale invasion of the country.

A NOTAM alert Wednesday evening notified civil aircraft that Ukrainian airspace was closed due to a "potential hazard for civil aviation."

Russia has amassed more than 190,000 troops along the Ukrainian border, the U.S. says.

The CNN team on the ground is hearing several loud explosions near Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine.

It is about 530am in Ukraine

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So Putin just declared War.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/live-n...-us-allies-sanctions

Biden releases statement on escalating crisis in Ukraine
"The prayers of the entire world are with the people of Ukraine tonight as they suffer an unprovoked and unjustified attack by Russian military forces," President Biden said.

Biden contnued:

"President Putin has chosen a premeditated war that will bring a catastrophic loss of life and human suffering. Russia alone is responsible for the death and destruction this attack will bring, and the United States and its Allies and partners will respond in a united and decisive way. The world will hold Russia accountable.

"I will be monitoring the situation from the White House this evening and will continue to get regular updates from my national security team. Tomorrow, I will meet with my G7 counterparts in the morning and then speak to the American people to announce the further consequences the United States and our Allies and partners will impose on Russia for this needless act of aggression against Ukraine and global peace and security. We will also coordinate with our NATO Allies to ensure a strong, united response that deters any aggression against the Alliance. Tonight, Jill and I are praying for the brave and proud people of Ukraine."

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Paraphrasing, gotta get some shut-eye, later, dudes.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that Ukraine will be imposing martial law in response to the Russian invasion of the country.

“This morning Russia launched a new military operation against our state. This is an unjustified deceitful and cynical invasion," Zelenskyy said.

He continued:

There are strikes on military and other important defense facilities, border units are under attack, the situation in the Donbas has degraded. The Armed Forces of Ukraine, all special and law enforcement agencies of the state are on alert. The National Security and Defense Council is working in an emergency mode. Martial law will be imposed."

"Civilians of Ukraine should stay at home.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
And it begins; yet another catastrophic event that would not likely have occurred under Trump. I wonder if the leftist trash infesting our country are happy with themselves. The globalist cabal certainly is.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Guess Pota-joe should have just gone on his little vacation for all the good "jaw-boning" with Putin did.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Anybody else noting how some media sites are taking up Mr Potato Head's chant(s) that the Russian is the reason inflation will continue going up - and not PH's policies?

Oh, and that it's Trump's fault Russia invaded. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, at least this administration has its priorities in order, like keeping the mask requirement in airports and setting up fencing around the capitol building in case those bouncy houses set up by the freedom convoy get out of control.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Never fear the Potato-in-Chief will address the nation at 12 noon ET today.

I for one can't wait to see him mumble, slur, whisper-shout and lose his train of thought 3/4 of the way through a sentence as he fancies himself a 21st century FDR Roll Eyes

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This is the first time I have pulled up White House.gov Live since Trump left. It's saying 1230

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe this is just a "minor incursion." So we won't have to do anything.

Anyway, no more mean tweets, and that is what's really important.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's saying 1230

Probably repairing some broken puppet strings...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
It's saying 1230

Probably repairing some broken puppet strings...

Now 1330, got give it time for the drugs to kick in

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
This is the first time I have pulled up White House.gov Live since Trump left. It's saying 1230

It was supposed to be 12 noon, that's what I saw all night last night and this morning. They are probably waiting for him to finish his Jello and that shot that peps him up to kick in.

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post