SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 629
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

Does he say 'salute the Marines' or 'good looking Marines'. My ears hear both depending on the way I'm thinking.

I don't know, but was this before or after he took the oath? The marines didn't salute so I'm assuming it's prior.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I personally believe Joe will walk away without a fight if he is asked to do so.
Or maybe he will develop some sort of disease and resign.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
then harris resigns because she's in over her head.

Interesting idea, but I thought that the Obamanation’s lack of qualifications for the presidency would bring him down, and that was just one of the many reasons why I have stopped making predictions about the probable consequences of public officials’ incompetence.

And I hope that no one is just now realizing that Harris will very likely become number 47 in the White House. But even though that has been on my mind since the day she was picked as the VP candidate, I admit I hadn’t given any thought to whom she will pick for her VP. Yours is indeed a scary scenario regardless of whether Harris resigns.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The cancellation of the Keystone pipeline and the leftist clown show consequences.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, how many was it? Something like 11,000 jobs? Boom. Gone just like that. The democrats are and have always been the job killing party. And those jobs were $100k plus per year jobs.

And as far as the future of energy in this country and also my own job in point of fact, I'm very worried.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I don't know, but was this before or after he took the oath? The marines didn't salute so I'm assuming it's prior.

They were told to "order arms", which means that they were presenting arms (saluting). I doubt they were saluting him though as I was always taught that you hold the salute until returned or the person is six steps past you. (I think it was six)

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:. . . And as far as the future of energy in this country and also my own job in point of fact, I'm very worried.

Maybe a slight drift. I have always felt the "climate justice" mantra, to save the environment/serve low income nations, was merely a ruse for the gov't to gain more power over the people. If the gov't (state, federal, or international) controls the production and use of energy, they control the people.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

They were told to "order arms", which means that they were presenting arms (saluting). I doubt they were saluting him though as I was always taught that you hold the salute until returned or the person is six steps past you. (I think it was six)
It has been a long, long, time since I drilled, Navy boot camp was 1956, but I'm pretty sure that I remember this: "order arms" had the rifle parallel to your right leg, butt resting on the ground; this was not equivalent to a salute. "Present arms" had the rifle held vertically in front of you.

You younger folks, who have been through this more recently -- am I remembering this correctly?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30682 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

It has been a long, long, time since I drilled, Navy boot camp was 1956, but I'm pretty sure that I remember this: "order arms" had the rifle parallel to your right leg, butt resting on the ground; this was not equivalent to a salute. "Present arms" had the rifle held vertically in front of you.

You younger folks, who have been through this more recently -- am I remembering this correctly?

Spot on V-Tail! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16224 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Yes. What I was trying to say, though, is that you can't order arms unless they are being presented first. And "arms" can be a hand salute or a rifle in front of you (also considered a salute). This is Army BTW, perhaps it's different in the Marines/Navy.

They were saluting someone, it's just not clear to me who that someone was. I suspect that it was someone walking in front of Slow Joe and that this was before the inauguration as I can't imagine that Marines would not salute the CIC.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

Does he say 'salute the Marines' or 'good looking Marines'. My ears hear both depending on the way I'm thinking.

I'm pretty sure that's the case. He was a civilian at the time & not Commander in Chief, so he doesn't rate a salute.

Still, it might be a good idea to keep the fencing up around the Capitol so he doesn't wander too far away from his caretakers, and start following the squirrels & pigeons around.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder if their going to give him a gps bracelet like they give dementia patients at assisted living properties.

Just tell him it’s a digital watch.

Posts: 53191 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I wonder if their going to give him a gps bracelet like they give dementia patients at assisted living properties.

Just tell him it’s a digital watch.

During his last haircut, they microchipped him like a dog.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I am nevertheless speculating about the invocation of the 25th.

I understand, and I certainly believe that the handlers can make it all work long enough for several things to go wrong. And, yeah, it only makes sense to accept that a compounded perception problem and an unskilled President isn't as dangerous as a President who's mentally incompetent.

I guess my worry was having to limp along with a badly weakened President for four years (even the fraud or the bawd), but that would wind up being the case either way.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I personally believe Joe will walk away without a fight if he is asked to do so.

I firmly believe that’s always been the plan and old Creepy Joe has been on it from the start. Remember when he said if he and Harris disagree morally on something, he’d “develop a disease and step down”?

The DemocRATS are all about their useful idiots and Biden is as malleable as they come.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15588 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ory-in-coming-months

Well isn't that convenient.

"Biden says 'nothing we can do' to change pandemic 'trajectory' in coming months"

Promises made, promises broken.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
scary thought: harris could pick hillary as VP, then harris resigns because she's in over her head.

two puppets gone and one of the puppet masters is in the Oval Office. Roll Eyes

Scary, but with a ray of hope - President Trump runs again, beats the Hildebeast and puts her in the grave where she belongs due the the misery of being beaten by him twice.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5163 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, so this thread needs to be locked, yes? We need to cease all politcal discussion, yes?

If this is the kind of thing you guys are going to post, I'll shut all of it down, indefinitely.

And don't think for one second that it's an idle threat. Some longtime members may recall that for several months in 2013- after Obama was elected- I placed a moratorium on all politcal discussion- all of it. It was like stopping a freight train on a downhill grade but I managed it.

If you guys want that again, just keep up with this "here's how Hillary can become POTUS" NONSENSE.

Cut it out. You guys need a place to discuss politics, I understand that, and you need to understand that I am not going to sit here and listen to NONSENSE and pure speculation.

STOP with the ridiculous hypotheticals.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Biden says 'nothing we can do' to change pandemic 'trajectory' in coming months"

Dear God. Less than three weeks in, and we're already back in the heart of Obamaland - that is, trying to make a virtue of learned (hell, he's progressive, we'll call it "anticipated") helplessness.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post